Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Harris: "I'm treating Andrew Luck like Big Ben"

snkdy

Chris: You're an average CB who's about to find out why the words "Ty Goodbye" can be said in a sentence

They could've at least interviewed Ward

I would've been more serious

I really hope they put Harris and his banged up knee on our fastest receiver. That will be instant highlight reels.

If you guys aren't familiar with Chris Harris, he's a VERY talented DB who is coming off the same kind of injury as Reggie Wayne.  I hope they both come back from their major injuries without losing what makes them extraordinary.

Harris does have to take Luck's slipperiness into account.  Like Champ Bailey, Harris is exceptional at fortifying the Rushing Defense while covering.  He covers his guy but he keep his eye on the QB and peels off when his receiver is no longer a threat to catch.

He needs to be careful though not to forget his founding assignments.  Chris Harris was actually an undrafted free-agent and he's turned into one of the best nickel DB's in the NFL.

This is going to be one hell of a game. 

big ben with a better arm

And a faster better runner. People forget how fast the kid is and I don't think Pep utilizes it enough he ran a 4.67 40, That is as fast as Tipton. 

I am not going to dig in the cone drills and all that I am pretty sure most on the board realize Luck's athletic ability. 

If you guys aren't familiar with Chris Harris, he's a VERY talented DB who is coming off the same kind of injury as Reggie Wayne.  I hope they both come back from their major injuries without losing what makes them extraordinary.

Harris does have to take Luck's slipperiness into account.  Like Champ Bailey, Harris is exceptional at fortifying the Rushing Defense while covering.  He covers his guy but he keep his eye on the QB and peels off when his receiver is no longer a threat to catch.

He needs to be careful though not to forget his founding assignments.  Chris Harris was actually an undrafted free-agent and he's turned into one of the best nickel DB's in the NFL.

This is going to be one hell of a game. 

The other person I was speaking with Supreme Coltfan I think was speaking highly of Harris and quoted some statistics.  I had remembered Harris as a nickel as well but I didn't delve into it much.  So the things Supreme Coltfan was speaking on were based off him covering people out of the slot which means you are not covering a #1 or #2 receiver.   Now that he's the #2 corner I want to see if all of those things remain true covering better receivers.   We'll see, but I don't remember much from Harris in last years game.  From some of the pictures I've seen on the internet I do think he played and wasn't injured at that point.  We'll find out because Luck isn't afraid to go after anybody!

I know the stats may boost Vontae Davis up a little bit, but for my own personal criteria i would like to see Vontae become a little more consistent each week than he was last year.  I'm still waiting on that guy we had the first year who I enjoyed very much.

The other person I was speaking with Supreme Coltfan I think was speaking highly of Harris and quoted some statistics. I had remembered Harris as a nickel as well but I didn't delve into it much. So the things Supreme Coltfan was speaking on were based off him covering people out of the slot which means you are not covering a #1 or #2 receiver. Now that he's the #2 corner I want to see if all of those things remain true covering better receivers. We'll see, but I don't remember much from Harris in last years game. From some of the pictures I've seen on the internet I do think he played and wasn't injured at that point. We'll find out because Luck isn't afraid to go after anybody!

Harris covered teams' number 1 WRs more often than Richard Sherman did last year, and allowed less TDs. Harris starts on the outside in 2 CB sets, and then bumps inside to play the slot in 3 CB sets. He's one of the bet CBs in the league, and he is very versatile.

I agree with the thinking, but I am not sure tackling Luck high is the right way to approach it.  We have seen many times where he shakes guys off that way. 

7aa8e0f65f5677225e0f6a7067006b16_c0-240-

lmao

Let it happen to dude's fill...    Indy will accept EVERY SINGLE penalty on their way to VICTORY.

Harris's comments are straight up comical. 

Think about it...    NFL rules protecting QB's?   Go get em "HIGH" ...  heheheehee

Oh the mentality of NFL players.    IF they could not run like a deer or be strong as a bull they would all be working at Mickey D's.

So they're going to try to tackle Luck high instead of low.

Finally, we'll get to see Luck's under appreciated Heisman straight arm! Woo-Hoo!   :clap:   :Wooo:

Harris covered teams' number 1 WRs more often than Richard Sherman did last year, and allowed less TDs. Harris starts on the outside in 2 CB sets, and then bumps inside to play the slot in 3 CB sets. He's one of the bet CBs in the league, and he is very versatile.

We put up over 30 plus points with rookie WRs and people like Darius Heyward Bey on the field in last years game.  Harris was on the field right?  I don't remember much of anything he did.  I do remember Rodgers Chromartie doing a good job on T. Y., but I don't remember Harris impact at all.  I do remember Denver having only 14 points for most of the game until our two starting corners left the game.  We are even better on offense this time around and Denver has made some improvements so we'll see.

Who do you guys think will be on who. Talib on Nicks, Harris on TY? Wayne on the slot corner? That doesn't seem fair..

I think Denver will play in nickel and dime most of the game since they have no reason to respect the Colt running game and they are going to get a lot of edge pressure from Ware and Miller.