Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 Colts players don't make trip to Denver with Team

TKnight24

It's really interesting!  What it says to me when you are looking at the depth chart is either one of two things.

1.  Colt Anderson will be backing up both safety spots

or

2. It's possible Purifoy will play a dual role as a corner and a safety.  Sergio Brown according to the depth chart is Laron Landrys' backup and Anderson mans the other spot. If Brown did not make the trip then that leaves no one to back up Landry unless we assume either #1 or #2.  I could be wrong

I'm really interested to see what happens in the case of an injury. Hopefully we don't have to find out

I'm wondering if they are looking quietly at Purifoy as an upgrade over Sergio Brown.  I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, but Purifoy was known for making plays on special teams in college and he's shown those skills should translate to the NFL.  In all likelihood he would be an upgrade over Brown in the secondary as well. Especially if he's able to play safety and corner.  I like Brown once again, but there's some issues with him being only a good special teams player and nothing else to speak of.   Is Brown being held out due to an injury?  I don't recall any reports saying he would not be healthy enough to play.  

I'm wondering if they are looking quietly at Purifoy as an upgrade over Sergio Brown. I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, but Purifoy was known for making plays on special teams in college and he's shown those skills should translate to the NFL. In all likelihood he would be an upgrade over Brown in the secondary as well. Especially if he's able to play safety and corner. I like Brown once again, but there's some issues with him being only a good special teams player and nothing else to speak of. Is Brown being held out due to an injury? I don't recall any reports saying he would not be healthy enough to play.

Brown had an injury. Give me 5mins to search Twitter and have that info

I'm wondering if they are looking quietly at Purifoy as an upgrade over Sergio Brown. I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, but Purifoy was known for making plays on special teams in college and he's shown those skills should translate to the NFL. In all likelihood he would be an upgrade over Brown in the secondary as well. Especially if he's able to play safety and corner. I like Brown once again, but there's some issues with him being only a good special teams player and nothing else to speak of. Is Brown being held out due to an injury? I don't recall any reports saying he would not be healthy enough to play.

Here it is

@HolderStephen: Safety Sergio Brown (shoulder) was downgraded for Sunday's game vs broncos. Status is now "out" and he will not travel. #Colts

It's really interesting! What it says to me when you are looking at the depth chart is either one of two things.

1. Colt Anderson will be backing up both safety spots

or

2. It's possible Purifoy will play a dual role as a corner and a safety. Sergio Brown according to the depth chart is Laron Landrys' backup and Anderson mans the other spot. If Brown did not make the trip then that leaves no one to back up Landry unless we assume either #1 or #2. I could be wrong

I'm really interested to see what happens in the case of an injury. Hopefully we don't have to find out

If they really are considering Purifoy at safety I wish they would have gave him snaps there in preseason.. I think because of that fact Purifoy will only play safety in a worst case scenario.

Not very knowledgeable about such things, but if Purifoy was to end up at safety, would it be a hard thing to do? Like I haven't read about him practicing there, is it much different from being a CB? Would suck to throw him in there and letup some big plays because he isn't quite as sure about what he should be doing. 

Not very knowledgeable about such things, but if Purifoy was to end up at safety, would it be a hard thing to do? Like I haven't read about him practicing there, is it much different from being a CB? Would suck to throw him in there and letup some big plays because he isn't quite as sure about what he should be doing. 

I for one would be surprised to see Purifoy at anywhere but CB if our long term plan was to make him as a S I am not so sure we would haven't tried a little harder to hold on to Burley. Which would not have been that hard to do slide Tipton to the PS other options as well. .

I think they are looking at Purifoy as a corner. He is already a really good special teams player. Purifoy and Colt as our gunners isn't that big of a loss. IMO

Anderson will back up both S spots IMO I don't think we will be seeing Purifoy at S Sunday.

I'm just wondering what the plans are.  You never know what he's prepared for in practice.

I've seen O lineman on this team that we think are tackles(such as Nixon) but when he was

placed in the game he was played as a guard.  Later on we found out he had some practice

as a guard as well.  Could be the same for Purifoy.  I'd like to know who is Landrys backup

considering Brown is out. Will Colt just back up both spots?

I'm just wondering what the plans are.  You never know what he's prepared for in practice.

I've seen O lineman on this team that we think are tackles(such as Nixon) but when he was

placed in the game he was played as a guard.  Later on we found out he had some practice

as a guard as well.  Could be the same for Purifoy.  I'd like to know who is Landrys backup

considering Brown is out. Will Colt just back up both spots?

Probably Gordy. Over the last two years, he's played snaps at safety from time to time. Of course, Adams is gonna start, so hopefully it's a moot point.

If everybody made the trip except for Reitz and Brown, what does this say for Khaled Holmes being the starter?  If he was unable to play then it seems he would have stayed behind with Reitz and Brown.  Should we assume he is actually starting at this point?

If everybody made the trip except for Reitz and Brown, what does this say for Khaled Holmes being the starter?  If he was unable to play then it seems he would have stayed behind with Reitz and Brown.  Should we assume he is actually starting at this point?

I think it just means he's not ruled out.

It's funny that we're all so hung up on whether Holmes is going to play that we can't just wait until tomorrow night to find out.