Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Practice/Injury Report 9/5/14

TKnight24

Sergio Brown sure would be useful for this game. Good gunner, plus there are is only one other backup safety.

Sergio will go...special teams D looks solid with Harvey, Brown, Muamba McNary...some real bad dudes out there....OOOPs!  Did I really forget Purifoy and Studebaker? :thmup:

If Holmes can't start I suppose Luck has a lot of experience playing behind a trash offensive line.  I just hope he doesn't get injured or hurt and that this team doesn't look like garbage on national television.  I don't think the Colts were winning this either way with Holmes or without him.

If Holmes can't start I suppose Luck has a lot of experience playing behind a trash offensive line.  I just hope he doesn't get injured or hurt and that this team doesn't look like garbage on national television.  I don't think the Colts were winning this either way with Holmes or without him.

I am not sure why you are so sure the O Line is going to be trash this year before we have played a game.

We have good T's and Thorton has a year under his belt and is back at his natural position and our first pick in the draft is starting at the other G spot. Let's not forget Allen is back as well.  

I agree C is becoming more and more frustrating but if whoever plays is just average. The O Line may not be that bad and will certainly be better than last year. If Holmes actually turns out to be the player we are told he is and can stay healthy I know all big if's but it could make a big jump. 

I think we should see the O Line actually play a game before we call them trash.

It is possible our GM knows what he is doing and this O Line is starting to take shape and will start playing well. It has not been ignored. Since 2011 we have dropped a 1st , 2nd, 2 3rds, and a 4th including Allen into the O Line. Rome was not built in a day.

We are thin depth wise until we get some guys back from injury but trash we haven't played a real game yet.

I don't know why he assumes Shipley will start, he hasn't actually practiced in this system for more than 3 days. If Harrison is there I would think he would start.

I am with TK Grigs says he doesn't like to start rookies at C. Shipley has experience not only at C but C for this team. It is a road game. We are starting a rookie at LG.  

I think it might be AQ for a week too.

I am with TK Grigs says he doesn't like to start rookies at C. Shipley has experience not only at C but C for this team. It is a road game. We are starting a rookie at LG.

I think it might be AQ for a week too.

He has experience with Luck and Castonzo. As far as the playbook, he has never played nor practiced in the offense until this week. Personally I don't think it makes sense to chuck him in there after 5 days. At least Harrison has experience starting in the preseason, and playing against the best DL in the league in the Jets. It isn't that far of a stretch to say he can play in a regular season game.

He has experience with Luck and Castonzo. As far as the playbook, he has never played nor practiced in the offense until this week. Personally I don't think it makes sense to chuck him in there after 5 days. At least Harrison has experience starting in the preseason, and playing against the best DL in the league in the Jets. It isn't that far of a stretch to say he can play in a regular season game.

Are we even sure Harrison can play thought he sprained his thumb on his snapping hand.

Grigs has his thing about rookie C's although I am not sure why we kept him on the 53 man roster if he didn't think he was better than Shipley.

I don't think it makes much difference who plays C I think the bigger question will be what Pep tries to do.