Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade

Day at the Hilton

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so both Parkey and Fluellen were waived yesterday and we just end up swapping them

Edit: Fluellen was waived earlier today

Yeah, we must have rescinded the waivers, and the Eagles did the same, so we could swap. I wonder what that means for the OL we picked up yesterday. 

Why do we continue to get power backs when our offensive line can't make holes. Yeah they can try and make their own holes and run people over but we need more backs that have quicker feet.

Example: Donald Brown, maybe not a great back but when offensive line didn't block could make quick cuts to the outside and away from trouble.

Bad Example: Trent, could be a great player but not super quick and gets caught up in a lot of traffic.

Bravo...just sayin

Why do we continue to get power backs when our offensive line can't make holes. Yeah they can try and make their own holes and run people over but we need more backs that have quicker feet.

Example: Donald Brown, maybe not a great back but when offensive line didn't block could make quick cuts to the outside and away from trouble.

Bad Example: Trent, could be a great player but not super quick and gets caught up in a lot of traffic.

Bravo...just sayin

I don't think Fluellen is going to matter in the grand scheme of things. We needed another back, period. We added Kerim the other day, he can play that scatback role for camp. 

Bravo...just sayin

Pep's stuck in his ways

If it is he was a good kick returner and homerun threat

@KBowenColts: That’s a big Colts backfield. Karim and Herron are the smallest at 209 and 212 pounds respectively. Every back between 209 and 231 pounds.

I don't know of you're talking about the same guy if what Kevin tweeted is true

Has to be a power back

Yeah, we must have rescinded the waivers, and the Eagles did the same, so we could swap. I wonder what that means for the OL we picked up yesterday.

@HolderStephen: The Colts have traded K Cody Parkey for PHL RB David Fluellen. If ur confused, here's the deal: Parkey WAS waived Tues, but later rescinded

The Eagles were planning to cut Fluellen. He was a priority UDFA signing out of Toledo after rushing for 3,336 yards and 28 scores in his college career. Fluellen fell to the bottom of the depth chart after spending too much time on the trainer's table with a calf injury.

I guess it won't cost anything to cut him

The Eagles were planning to cut Fluellen. He was a priority UDFA signing out of Toledo after rushing for 3,336 yards and 28 scores in his college career. Fluellen fell to the bottom of the depth chart after spending too much time on the trainer's table with a calf injury.

So in other words, another one sided Grigson trade?

Cause Parkey could kick, we just have Vinny who won't retire so K's don't stand a chance with us

But to trade for a player who's injured and to be a team known for injuries, it sounds like that's a one sided trade the eagles won

:facepalm:

I'm going to look at this a little bit more positively.  We essentially traded a guy that was a camp leg for a guy who could compete to be our #3 RB.

Cause Parkey could kick, we just have Vinny who won't retire so K's don't stand a chance with us

But to trade for a player who's injured and to be a team known for injuries, it sounds like that's a one sided trade the eagles won

I am vocally critical of some of Grigson's decisions, but this is not a one sided trade.  This is us trading someone we were going to cut for a lottery ticket.

This trade will never even make it as a footnote in either franchise's history. No one "wins" this trade. Most people will forget it even happened at this time next year.

dude we traded a backup kicker. We win by default.

Not sure if either team gets the better end of this.  Philly wanted some competition for their kicker and we want some competition for our #3 RB.  Both where set to be waived.

This thing could have happened by each side simply claiming the player off waivers.  

He was a back up kicker to us.

Henery struggled last year made a career low 80% of fg's and doesn't have the leg to kick the ball into to the endzone on Kickoffs. Kelly was looking to replace him. He probably just did.

We should have got a 6/7th round pick instead of a player we are going to cut or made Philly wait on him until cuts.

I don't get it. One more guy for the training table. He missed three of Toledo's final four games with the ankle injury, which turned out to be a small fracture that wasn't discovered until a late November MRI. Over his final two college seasons, he missed a full contest or significant time in a game nine times because of injury.

Another player with a history of being injured we will cry curse when he goes down.

There are going to be healthy backs released here pretty quick. I don't get it seems like we decided to help out a team we play week 2 for nothing.