Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

does chud put pep in hot water

CR91

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not starting 0-2. And that has nothing to do with the never losing back-to-back games feat, just not gonna happen

Eagles aren't beating us. They have a lot of you fooled, not as good as they looked last year. Foles now has tape on him. I expect a lot of what happened in the Saints game to happen to Foles this season. LeSean McCoy isn't gonna carry that team. Losing Jackson is gonna hurt them more than Chip thinks

How have the Eagles' got people fooled?  It's not like they unveiled some new offensive system that's never been seen before like when the Wildcat first came out or when teams starting running read-option in the NFL.  It's still mostly a pro-style offense, they just run it at a vastly accelerated pace.  Yeah losing Jackson is going to hurt, but they still have a number of offensive weapons and a great QB (Foles is the real deal).  I'm not saying we'll definitely lose to them but taking them lightly would be a very stupid mistake.

Believe me when I say I hope you're right, TK....      I really do.

Starting 0-2 is not something I want.      I'd be plenty happy to be wrong on this one!

I just don't see it happening honestly. Call me a homer or whatever, but I can't imagine a season with Andrew at the reigns where we start 0-2

I think we start out 1-1. The Eagles offense is good (4th ranked), but really, the myth about them running a hyper-fast paced offense is a myth. They were 11th in the league in total plays last season. I'm not afraid of their fast paced myth, but more afraid of their outstanding O line in front of Foles (outstanding 2013) and McCoy. Their defense is average.

Im sorry everyone because i am not trying to attack anyone but this is a - literal definition - clueless question and therefore silly thread that probably reflects greater on the original poster and his or her general perspective than it ever could on Pep Hamilton, Rob Chudzinzki or the Indianapolis Colts football team.

I don't think it will bother Pep at all. Always has to be a conspiracy with a couple here.

Precisely!!! Like we don't have enough legitimate issues - concerns - questions without inventing them out of thin, uninformed air.

what do you mean by an easy out? as in if the pressure gets to him and he wanted to quit?

Not sure why you went with that.....

:rolleyes:

No. I am referring to Pep getting a future offer at a head coaching gig he wants to take.

Not sure why you went with that.....

:rolleyes:

No. I am referring to Pep getting a future offer at a head coaching gig he wants to take.

I went with that because it seemed like the most likely interpretation based on the way you worded it. ;)

I personally think hiring Chud was at least partially - a backlash to Pep wanting to interview for the college head coaching job(s).

Really? You have Andrew Luck and the Indy Colts and you are interviewing for a college job?

Stupid, STUPID move on Pep's part.

OK, an NFL head coaching interview MIGHT make sense. Sit tight, do an immaculate job and the offers will roll in - but college?

The move clearly showed two things:

Pep's immaturity/lack of appreciation. 

Pep's fickleness/lack of commitment.

Hence Chud to quietly learn and be prepared.....

Isn't that part of the boy scout motto or something?

Just my opinion, please prove me wrong. 

ColtsHappy

I personally think hiring Chud was at least partially - a backlash to Pep wanting to interview for the college head coaching job(s).

Really? You have Andrew Luck and the Indy Colts and you are interviewing for a college job?

OK, an NFL head coaching job might make sense.

His immaturity

His lack of commitment.

Hence Chud to quietly learn.....

ColtsHappy

a college head coaching job is better than a coordinator in the NFL.

Bill O'Brien left his position as offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots -- with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, and championship expectations every year -- to be head coach at Penn State.

In other words, you're absolutely incorrect.

Bill O'Brien left his position as offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots -- with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, and championship expectations every year -- to be head coach at Penn State.

So did Charlie Weiss

Super....

I'm not sure what argument you're making?     Seriously, I don't know....

O'Brien takes a job that not many wanted due to sanctions,  completely exceeds expectations in both of his two years,  and by doing so,  earns perhaps the top off-season available job.

Not sure what you're finding that is so "incorrect"...

O'Brien's rout/route(?) to success seems like a road very well traveled.....

Lol, In my opinion it will be a while before Pep gets a head coaching offer.

He had an interview with Vanderbilt for the head coaching gig in January, and decided to drop out of the race. This article said that Pep was actually offered the job and a plane was ready to pick him up. It is probably just a matter of time before he moves on to an upward level position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/17/pep-hamilton-sticking-with-colts-after-vanderbilt-interview/

My point has been all along that we brought in Chud to merge his ideas with our team philosophy, and in the event in the not so distant future if Pep wants to further his career, then Chud is here to step in as OC and we don't miss a beat. With Chud on board, if Pep moves on after this year, then there would be no huge off-season change or a whole new playbook to learn. Just tweaks made to the playbook, as we see every year, even when we have continuity of staff.

If my thoughts are correct on why we brought in Chud, then I believe it is a brilliant and proactive move.

Super....

I'm not sure what argument you're making?     Seriously, I don't know....

O'Brien takes a job that not many wanted due to sanctions,  completely exceeds expectations in both of his two years,  and by doing so,  earns perhaps the top off-season available job.

Not sure what you're finding that is so "incorrect"...

O'Brien's rout/route(?) to success seems like a road very well traveled.....

I was being sarcastic.

You really should use emoticons.....  

Otherwise,  some people here will think you're serious.....

Thanks. I do use them frequently.

I do get a kick outta testing these folks now and then. ;)

There is nothing like a smart, talented, experienced, roster to make a coach look good, or a WEAK Division - Schedule. :highfive2:

Coach is a VG Leader, Pep is fine, Manusky if fine. The Monster Roster is making good progress, it is up to the players to improve to Championship Quality.

We here lack far to much inside info to KNOW why some roster moves are made and why certain game plans are chosen for our Units. Some here think it is pulled out of a hat. :yay: 

Some can get a Good idea who struggles with blocking and tackling, coverage, etc. And some ....

get tested.

In what respect? Since when is it all about money?

Pep sits tight and has the kind of success we all think he might - he can write his own ticket with his choice of several high profile NFL head coaching jobs. He doesn't need to move down to the college level first. 

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

ColtsHappy

He had an interview with Vanderbilt for the head coaching gig in January, and decided to drop out of the race. This article said that Pep was actually offered the job and a plane was ready to pick him up. It is probably just a matter of time before he moves on to an upward level position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/17/pep-hamilton-sticking-with-colts-after-vanderbilt-interview/

My point has been all along that we brought in Chud to merge his ideas with our team philosophy, and in the event in the not so distant future if Pep wants to further his career, then Chud is here to step in as OC and we don't miss a beat. With Chud on board, if Pep moves on after this year, then there would be no huge off-season change or a whole new playbook to learn. Just tweaks made to the playbook, as we see every year, even when we have continuity of staff.

If my thoughts are correct on why we brought in Chud, then I believe it is a brilliant and proactive move.

You are all over it.

I would say his 1st priority was to Learn our systems, then players, ( watch tape) tell Chuck what he sees, and then share knowledge about others teams systems, players for general knowledge. Whether this prepares him to beat us if he moves on, oh well, or he may have the OC job or succeed as Head Coach here at some point.

Chuck knows the ropes so i accept it as a solid move.

In what respect? Since when is it all about money?

Pep sits tight and has the kind of success we all think he might - he can write his own ticket with his choice of several high profile NFL head coaching jobs. He doesn't need to move down to the college level first. 

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

ColtsHappy

Despite all the examples of NFL coordinators taking jobs as college head coaches.

Each situation is different, but there's nothing strange about a coordinator taking a head job in college. It happens all the time. 

Also, head coaching prospects often take interviews even when they don't expect to be seriously considered for the job. I just read a piece on MMQB about Mike Pettine. He says his agent suggested he interview with the Browns this year in an effort to get experience for next year's openings. It gets your name out there, it helps you prepare, etc. Pep could have simply been warming up for future opportunities.

Despite all the examples of NFL coordinators taking jobs as college head coaches.

Each situation is different, but there's nothing strange about a coordinator taking a head job in college. It happens all the time. 

Also, head coaching prospects often take interviews even when they don't expect to be seriously considered for the job. I just read a piece on MMQB about Mike Pettine. He says his agent suggested he interview with the Browns this year in an effort to get experience for next year's openings. It gets your name out there, it helps you prepare, etc. Pep could have simply been warming up for future opportunities.Have no 

Have no idea why you are trying so hard to change my mind. Your theories are theories and I have no problem with them at all in the big picture and with respect to MOST coaches and MANY situations.

I am not talking about the NFL/College in general. I am talking specifically about Pep Hamilton and ONLY Pep Hamilton - and the sweetheart, once in a lifetime opportunity he has to continue to coach Andrew Luck.

Pep's actions were a mistake with Vandy on many levels - which he finally woke up and realized - and then he pulled back, but it still made the staff more than nervous. Hence Chud.

That's all I am saying. You can agree or disagree but it is not about this one or that one. According to the name of the thread, it looks to me like we are talking about Pep and Chud.

ColtsHappy

Have no idea why you are trying so hard to change my mind. Your theories are theories and I have no problem with them at all in the big picture and with respect to MOST coaches and MANY situations.

I am not talking about the NFL/College in general. I am talking specifically about Pep Hamilton and ONLY Pep Hamilton - and the sweetheart, once in a lifetime opportunity he has to continue to coach Andrew Luck.

Pep's actions were a mistake with Vandy on many levels - which he finally woke up and realized - and then he pulled back, but it still made the staff more than nervous. Hence Chud.

That's all I am saying. You can agree or disagree but it is not about this one or that one. According to the name of the thread, it looks to me like we are talking about Pep and Chud.

I really don't care if you agree or not, this is about expressing opinion and I have been really clear in expressing mine and I have every right to it.

ColtsHappy

So you can dogmatically state that it's "stupid" of Pep to even consider a different position, that it was "a mistake," but if I give examples of other people doing the same thing, I'm robbing you of your right to express your opinion?

What about MY opinion?

And by the way, didn't you ask to be proved wrong?

My point is pretty simple. NFL coordinators interview for and take college head coaching positions quite often. There are many reasons why, and Hamilton's interviewing actually fits a well-established pattern. Coaching Andrew Luck is a pretty sweet deal, but it's not an impossible to turn your back on kind of deal. Many coordinators coach for a long time and never even get an interview; Bruce Arians had to wait until he was in his 60s. And at the end of the day, Hamilton only interviewed. He wasn't offered the job and he didn't accept the job.

Your viewpoint is welcome, so feel free to express it, but I have no idea why you're so upset that other people are expressing their viewpoints as well. It's actually kind of two-faced -- I have my opinion, don't you dare tell me you disagree with it

Thanks. I do use them frequently.

I do get a kick outta testing these folks now and then. ;)

There is nothing like a smart, talented, experienced, roster to make a coach look good, or a WEAK Division - Schedule. :highfive2:

Coach is a VG Leader, Pep is fine, Manusky if fine. The Monster Roster is making good progress, it is up to the players to improve to Championship Quality.

We here lack far to much inside info to KNOW why some roster moves are made and why certain game plans are chosen for our Units. Some here think it is pulled out of a hat. :yay: 

Some can get a Good idea who struggles with blocking and tackling, coverage, etc. And some ....

get tested.

VG leader??

Sorry,   I don't know that one....

VG stands for.......????

"Very good"....    that's my guess....

ColtsHappy

Bruce Arians also had the opportunity to coach Andrew Luck, but he took the first HC job he was offered.  I can't imagine Pep would do any differently.  Why would Pep put that kind of limit on his career and earning power just to be able to coach a specific player?  He should and I'm sure will do what's best for him and his family, and becoming a Head Coach would far outweigh the opportunity to coach Andrew Luck.

So you can dogmatically state that it's "stupid" of Pep to even consider a different position, that it was "a mistake," but if I give examples of other people doing the same thing, I'm robbing you of your right to express your opinion?

What about MY opinion?

And by the way, didn't you ask to be proved wrong?

My point is pretty simple. NFL coordinators interview for and take college head coaching positions quite often. There are many reasons why, and Hamilton's interviewing actually fits a well-established pattern. Coaching Andrew Luck is a pretty sweet deal, but it's not an impossible to turn your back on kind of deal. Many coordinators coach for a long time and never even get an interview; Bruce Arians had to wait until he was in his 60s. And at the end of the day, Hamilton only interviewed. He wasn't offered the job and he didn't accept the job.

Your viewpoint is welcome, so feel free to express it, but I have no idea why you're so upset that other people are expressing their viewpoints as well. It's actually kind of two-faced -- I have my opinion, don't you dare tell me you disagree with it

You obviously got the wrong impression here, and I must have been responsible for giving you that wrong impression. I welcome your opinion, but all I see here is your rather astute ability to negate the opinion of others, yet with your original snake post - I am merely puzzled.

Admittedly, I just don't have that Superman-like ability to think on such an incredibly high level like you do, so I have trouble interpreting it - so I no have idea what your real opinion even is on the subject, which is by the way:

Why Chud then, Mr. Superman?

Please enlighten us who are so obviously in the dark.

ColtsHappy

You obviously got the wrong impression here, and I must have been responsible for giving you that wrong impression. I welcome your opinion, but all I see here is your rather astute ability to negate the opinion of others, yet with your original snake post - I am merely puzzled.

Admittedly, I just don't have that Superman-like ability to think on such an incredibly high level like you do, so I have trouble interpreting it - so I no have idea what your real opinion even is on the subject, which is by the way:

Why Chud then, Mr. Superman?

Please enlighten us who are so obviously in the dark.

ColtsHappy

Even though your post is dripping with sarcasm, I'll respond in good faith.

I haven't attempted to negate anyone's opinion. Just because I disagree with you -- or anyone else -- doesn't mean your opinion is invalid.

The snake post was a stupid joke, just having some fun. But my opinion on the OP is, no, I don't think Chud puts Pep in hot water. Chud doesn't know the offense we run, and if reports are accurate, hasn't spent very much time working on it or with Pep. It's scary to think, but if Pep got fired midseason, I think Christensen would take over for the rest of the year, not Chud. And if Pep were to leave, it would be because he's not doing a good job as the coordinator, or he gets another job. In either case, I don't think that has anything to do with Chud.

My opinion on Chud is that he has a chance to keep working and make an extra check for a year, then hit the interview circuit next year. Since he isn't playing a crucial role for our team, this won't be a great loss. But in the meantime, he can help our staff in various ways, and maybe he'll get some help from our guys as well. Win/win. I don't personally think he was brought in as a stopgap until we get sick of Hamilton, as I think Chud will get a head job before Hamilton does.

JMO

Even though your post is dripping with sarcasm, I'll respond in good faith.

I haven't attempted to negate anyone's opinion. Just because I disagree with you -- or anyone else -- doesn't mean your opinion is invalid.

The snake post was a stupid joke, just having some fun. But my opinion on the OP is, no, I don't think Chud puts Pep in hot water. Chud doesn't know the offense we run, and if reports are accurate, hasn't spent very much time working on it or with Pep. It's scary to think, but if Pep got fired midseason, I think Christensen would take over for the rest of the year, not Chud. And if Pep were to leave, it would be because he's not doing a good job as the coordinator, or he gets another job. In either case, I don't think that has anything to do with Chud.

My opinion on Chud is that he has a chance to keep working and make an extra check for a year, then hit the interview circuit next year. Since he isn't playing a crucial role for our team, this won't be a great loss. But in the meantime, he can help our staff in various ways, and maybe he'll get some help from our guys as well. Win/win. I don't personally think he was brought in as a stopgap until we get sick of Hamilton, as I think Chud will get a head job before Hamilton does.

JMO

Smile.  ;)  ;)  ;)

I disagree.

ColtsHappy

OK, an NFL head coaching interview MIGHT make sense. Sit tight, do an immaculate job and the offers will roll in - but college?

Pep's immaturity/lack of appreciation. 

Pep's fickleness/lack of commitment.

Hence Chud to quietly learn and be prepared.....

Isn't that part of the boy scout motto or something?

ColtsHappy

Dear God...

The number of ways this is so amazingly wrong boggles the mind. 

Dear God...

The number of ways this is so amazingly wrong boggles the mind. 

Some have their beliefs about predicting intentions and behaviors.

Others have different beliefs about intentions and behaviors.

It's all good. It's all a mystery and ultimately fun for all.

Everyone is out of step but "Our Johnny".

We shall see what we shall see.

But the truth is the truth is the truth.

Dear God......

ColtsHappy