Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Day 2 best available for Colts

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still in shock that Marcus Smith went in the first round. He was my fallback option for the Colts at 59.

I am also surprised that Bucannon went in the first round.

My number one choice for 59 is still JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU!

I like Demarcus Lawrence, Joel Bitonio, Xavier Su'a-Filo.

LET'S GET A RUN ON QUARTERBACKS!!!!!

Jordan Matthews

Marqise Lee

Jeremiah Attaochu

Gabe Jackson

Kyle Van Noy

Are all guys I would target at 59 though there are a few others I would not blow a fuse over if we picked them at 59 given how the draftis going....If ya believe in the player your drafting then ya got to act on it

If we don't trade back, here my BA at 59:

-Louis Nix, DT

-Stephon Tuitt, DE

-Rashede Hageman, DT

-Cody Latimer,WR

-Donte Moncrief, WR

-Terrance Brooks, S

-David Yankey, OG

I doubt either one fall to us but even though they are not positions of big need.  If Nix or Tuitt did fall to us I think we have to take them.  I'm actually somewhat surprised that Nix fell out of the first round.  

I doubt either one fall to us but even though they are not positions of big need.  If Nix or Tuitt did fall to us I think we have to take them.  I'm actually somewhat surprised that Nix fell out of the first round.  

Nix is the hardest to envision falling. He would need to make it past the Steelers, and then the Chargers. But Nix on the D-Line would be heaven. Tuitt I also like because Redding is old and the faster RB's give him issues. We need to start looking at a replacement to play opposite Jones.

Nix is the hardest to envision falling. He would need to make it past the Steelers, and then the Chargers. But Nix on the D-Line would be heaven. Tuitt I also like because Redding is old and the faster RB's give him issues. We need to start looking at a replacement to play opposite Jones.

Nix won't make it past 33 lol

So here is another question. . . say these guys fall close to us . . . say around 45 or 50.  Do we pull the trigger on a trade up to grab them?  

And I guess my 2nd question is. . . Even if Nix doesn't fall to us is the duo of Chapman/Hughes our long term answer at the nose tackle position or do we look for upgrades maybe not this year but next?

Ok, so the top safeties didn't last, who are some guys at the top of your list for our 2nd and 3rd round picks?

I would love it if somehow Xavier Sua Filo lasted to the Colts 2nd, but it would be a little wishful thinking.

A few others I wouldn't mind us targeting are OLB Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB Demarcus Lawrence, FS Terrence Brooks, DE Rashede Hageman, and there's still plenty of quality WRs available.

Su'a-Filo would be a freaking steal at 59. I think there's a good chance he falls to 50, in which case I almost wouldn't mind paying the price to move up to nab him at 49. The Jets pick there so I would like to offer them some deal that included something like a late round pick this year and swapping next year's 2nd for their 3rd (knowing that most likely we're only dropping back a few spots cause we'll be really good and they will suck). 

But you'd have to carefully weigh who else was still on the board, cause someone really good might drop to 59.

He is a 330+ pound D Lineman with knee tendonitis already, Is recovering from a meniscus tear and had a pectoral issue which would not allow him to bench press at the Combine, I'd be shocked if he went at 33...I'd actually be surprised if he dont free fall into the 3rd, Lots of better players available

All hope ain't lost yet fellas. Yes last night was hard to stomach but Stanley jean baptist is there McGill is there lots of online are there jonathon Dowling I think could be a marvelous pick near the middle of the draft.. So keep your chins up chaps it ain't over till its over

He is a 330+ pound D Lineman with knee tendonitis already, Is recovering from a meniscus tear and had a pectoral issue which would not allow him to bench press at the Combine, I'd be shocked if he went at 33...I'd actually be surprised if he dont free fall into the 3rd, Lots of better players available

so let's take him Gavin lol its the colts way to draft players that get injured a lot it seems like haha

I'm assuming the health issues are scaring teams away. I mean the Patriots Easely over him, who is a better player but has his own injury issues so that's saying something. If not Nix, then Hageman maybe.

So here is another question. . . say these guys fall close to us . . . say around 45 or 50.  Do we pull the trigger on a trade up to grab them?  

And I guess my 2nd question is. . . Even if Nix doesn't fall to us is the duo of Chapman/Hughes our long term answer at the nose tackle position or do we look for upgrades maybe not this year but next?

I'm not sure what Montori Hughes is supposed to be. Judging from Grigson's comments on how he wants ccompetition at NT, I assume Hughes is a future DE. So we could really use a NT. After all, Chapman never WON the job, he kind of just settled into it.

But I would trade up for Nix, IDK about Tuitt if Hughes is the DE of the future.

With the addition of Clowney I would not mind adding another Olineman to our competetive mix. We have some need in the Defensive backfield as well.

Hard to know what we will do. But it is safe to say whatever it is will probably come down to the brief moments we have prior to the selection.

I'm looking forward to our later rounds and Undrafted Free Agents.

I'm assuming the health issues are scaring teams away. I mean the Patriots Easely over him, who is a better player but has his own injury issues so that's saying something. If not Nix, then Hageman maybe.

I'm not sure what Montori Hughes is supposed to be. Judging from Grigson's comments on how he wants ccompetition at NT, I assume Hughes is a future DE. So we could really use a NT. After all, Chapman never WON the job, he kind of just settled into it.

But I would trade up for Nix, IDK about Tuitt if Hughes is the DE of the future.

Didn't know about the idea of having Hughes at DE, I always presumed that he was going to rotate with Chapman.  Is he fast enough to play DE?  I mean the guy is a 5th round pick so I'd have question if he's really that good of a future starter.

With the addition of Clowney I would not mind adding another Olineman to our competetive mix. We have some need in the Defensive backfield as well.

Hard to know what we will do. But it is safe to say whatever it is will probably come down to the brief moments we have prior to the selection.

I'm looking forward to our later rounds and Undrafted Free Agents.

Clowney is going to be likely going up against Castanzo.  I don't think we're gonna find a better tackle in the 2nd round.

Now that having said we could use a Center/Guard swing man since all 3 of our interior line positions have big question marks on them.  Thomas for injury, Thorton for not being that good his rookie year, and Holmes for only having played a few snaps all of last year.

It would be good to have a guy who can go in and compete with those guys.  

To be honest, I do not love Castanzo. But you may be right regarding what's available in the 2nd round. I am glad Holmes is getting his chance at Center but I also agree with you here, a Center/Guard would be a nice addition. 

I'm hoping for Hageman. Dude's ceiling is JJ Watt.

We've shown alot of interest in him, so the possibility is high. But he runs either very hot or very cold. Takes too many plays off and tends to vanish unless the play comes toward him. Grigs' went up to his proday to check him out (swung by concordia to see zach moore as well) .I hope we pass on Hageman and take moore in the 4th (if we trade out) or 5th.

Didn't know about the idea of having Hughes at DE, I always presumed that he was going to rotate with Chapman. Is he fast enough to play DE? I mean the guy is a 5th round pick so I'd have question if he's really that good of a future starter.

He showed plenty of quickness when he played end last year.

Also forgot to mention Demarcus Lawrence. Looking like there's a good chance he'll be in a horse shoe by the end of today. He's one of the guys they showed a lot of interest in.

I can't figure out what people see in this guy.

I can't figure out what people see in this guy.

He's like the Blake Bortles of defense. Nothing really pops out at you on tape but he has all the measurable to be great. I think he's a true OLB and not a DE like he was in college. I would question his motor though. Also doesn't have a bunch of pass rush moves, but most of the guys in this draft don't except for Donald.

He's like the Blake Bortles of defense. Nothing really pops out at you on tape but he has all the measurable to be great. I think he's a true OLB and not a DE like he was in college. I would question his motor though. Also doesn't have a bunch of pass rush moves, but most of the guys in this draft don't except for Donald.

Yeah, it's not that I think he is going to be horrible....I just see his ceiling as a Jarret Johnson type, but the Colts need a difference maker on D. I was praying for Marcus Smith.....

Yeah, it's not that I think he is going to be horrible....I just see his ceiling as a Jarret Johnson type, but the Colts need a difference maker on D. I was praying for Marcus Smith.....

Our difference maker will be Johnathan Dowling, when we draft him on day 3.  He's one of the best safties i ever scouted.

I was hoping for Smith too. But the other OLB they see to have interest in is Lawrence. He'd be another project pick though. But I like him as an OLB prospect than I did Werner coming out. With coaching he can perhaps be what Jerry Hughes was supposed to be for us. Maybe a 8 sack a season guy who can occasionally drop in coverage.

I was hoping for Smith too. But the other OLB they see to have interest in is Lawrence. He'd be another project pick though. But I like him as an OLB prospect than I did Werner coming out. With coaching he can perhaps be what Jerry Hughes was supposed to be for us. Maybe a 8 sack a season guy who can occasionally drop in coverage.

I'm hoping for Attaouchu, but I doubt he drops that far.

Colts fans may have to get used to the idea of Trai Turner G at 59.  The coaching staff met with him several times.  Bitonio or Attachou would be BPA if available.

I don't agree that Brooks is overrated.  When you watch the tapes you can get online, you become impressed with not only his speed, but his ability to diagnose plays very quickly  It is true that he missed some interceptions he could have had but the point is that he was there to make the play.  He is always there to make the play.

I am still holding on to the hope that Breeland will be there at #90.

Colts fans may have to get used to the idea of Trai Turner G at 59.  The coaching staff met with him several times.  Bitonio or Attachou would be BPA if available.

I don't agree that Brooks is overrated.  When you watch the tapes you can get online, you become impressed with not only his speed, but his ability to diagnose plays very quickly  It is true that he missed some interceptions he could have had but the point is that he was there to make the play.  He is always there to make the play.

Meeting players doesn't mean much

One thing is for certain there will be TONS of trades today. I put the over under at 12 trades in rd 2 and 3. There is going to be a lot of moving and shaking and I don't think we will know at all what will be available until a few picks before us. I don't pretend to have a CLUE what we will do because there are too many moving parts going on. Just hope we get a quality player to help us....would like to have depth on the interior OL but wouldn't be dissapointed if we took an OLB or S if a good one is available....we just have to wait wait and wait some more.

not sure why we would have no interest in OT in fact Bitonio is an OT that can play across the line  most Tackles can move in to play guard not usually the case with G going out to T,  Turner Moses the boys from Tenn even Kujoakdia I think we look at , BPA   I really hope we don't take Brooks he is my Decker of the draft please no no no I think we have more pressing needs than WR unless Latimer is some how there.

My first round pick didn;t pan out there Hawks traded out

Bitonio is on my list.    Look at the guards.     I also have Mewhort there as well.   Another tackle who could play guard.   And some tackles can move inside,  but not all tackles.   Kouandijo doesn't move all that well and has a bad knee.   I don't see him moving to guard.

Bitonio is on my list.    Look at the guards.     I also have Mewhort there as well.   Another tackle who could play guard.   And some tackles can move inside,  but not all tackles.   Kouandijo doesn't move all that well and has a bad knee.   I don't see him moving to guard.

I really don't want to argue you so you listed OT as position we would not be interested in then listed a bunch of OT's as G's is what you are saying .  

Most T can play guard not all K is one that MAY not be able to his knee is a concern.  I said not many G's can kick out to T Gabe Jackson being on of the few. 

Just don't know why you would say OT is a position we have no interest in. I think our Line is razor thin we would have interest everywhere. BPA 

Su'a-Filo, Jackson, and Bitonio are better than Trai Turner imo. I think that at least 1 or 2 should be there at 59 given how the first round played out.

I really don't want to argue you so you listed OT as position we would not be interested in then listed a bunch of OT's as G's is what you are saying .  

Most T can play guard not all K is one that MAY not be able to his knee is a concern.  I said not many G's can kick out to T Gabe Jackson being on of the few. 

Just don't know why you would say OT is a position we have no interest in. I think our Line is razor thin we would have interest everywhere. BPA 

I listed tackles that COULD play guard.

I don't see the Colts needing to take a tackle with a high pick.    I don't know why you think we do/would?

Of course we're razor thin.   Almost everyone team is razor thin.    That's the NFL with 32 teams.   No one has great depth.

We have other more serious, more pressing needs than tackle.     If we can find one late to develop -- great, I'm all for it.