Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To acquire picks

12isthenew18

Da'Rick Rogers, LaVon Brazill and Griff Whalen. 

Rogers or Brazill could get us a 4th possibly and Whalen could get us a 6th or 7th.

These guys could be good trade bait as one probably won't make the team anyway and we could get something for him.

We could then take a couple WR's as UDFA's.

Rogers or Brazill could get us a 4th possibly and Whalen could get us a 6th or 7th.

These guys could be good trade bait as one probably won't make the team anyway and we could get something for him.

Personally, I doubt we'd get more than a 6 for any of those guys.  Except for Brazil, they were all passed over by every team when they were available.

I can't remember too many draft day player trades. 

Personally, I doubt we'd get more than a 6 for any of those guys.  Except for Brazil, they were all passed over by every team when they were available.

I can't remember too many draft day player trades. 

Yeah, we might not be able too. Rogers has proved his off the field issues were nothing though and Brazill has shown he's decent. A mid round pick is best-case scenario, that's why I said possibly. I'd prefer to trade Whalen for a 6th if a scenario like this happened. They're aren't too many draft player trades, I was just thinking of something we could possibly do.

Yeah, we might not be able too. Rogers has proved his off the field issues were nothing though and Brazill has shown he's decent. A mid round pick is best-case scenario, that's why I said possibly. I'd prefer to trade Whalen for a 6th if a scenario like this happened. They're aren't too many draft player trades, I was just thinking of something we could possibly do.

Right.  I think as Colts fans we have a lot higher opinion of those three guys than the rest of the NFL.  There are plenty of raw prospects like Rogers and Brazil to be had that may or may not work out.  Whalen was off and on our roster a number of times and no one picked him up for free, so I doubt they'd trade for him.

I was looking at a mock where they had us taking a RB in the third and a WR in the fifth.  Some of those guys don't even look at a team when making a mock.  I have my doubts that our Saturday picks even make the team.

Right.  I think as Colts fans we have a lot higher opinion of those three guys than the rest of the NFL.  There are plenty of raw prospects like Rogers and Brazil to be had that may or may not work out.  Whalen was off and on our roster a number of times and no one picked him up for free, so I doubt they'd trade for him.

I was looking at a mock where they had us taking a RB in the third and a WR in the fifth.  Some of those guys don't even look at a team when making a mock.  I have my doubts that our Saturday picks even make the team.

Completely agree with your points. I hope we don't take a RB or WR the entire draft personally. I know Grigson has a bad track record with late round picks so far (6th and 7ths mostly). Brazill is our only player that Grigson has drafted that has made the team from those rounds. I remember I did a mock with a trade down, trade our 5th for a 6th and 7th. I believe if we get one player that starts from the 5th round on, it's a win. We absolutely have to hit on our 2nd and 3rd. Safety is a must with either the 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I don't think any of those guys get you a seventh round pick and I would rather keep them than give them away cheap.

Completely agree with your points. I hope we don't take a RB or WR the entire draft personally. I know Grigson has a bad track record with late round picks so far (6th and 7ths mostly). Brazill is our only player that Grigson has drafted that has made the team from those rounds. I remember I did a mock with a trade down, trade our 5th for a 6th and 7th. I believe if we get one player that starts from the 5th round on, it's a win. We absolutely have to hit on our 2nd and 3rd. Safety is a must with either the 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I think they will take a WR. Reggie is a big risk and Nicks has been hurt. Everyone thinks we are deep there but we really aren't.

To me, Whalen has shown more than Brazil. Trade Brazil, keep Whalen.

That's your opinion and you're privy to it but on skill alone brazill is better ... Not to mention those 2 Playoff Tds vs the pats

I think they will take a WR. Reggie is a big risk and Nicks has been hurt. Everyone thinks we are deep there but we really aren't.

It would be terrible to take a WR. Even if we aren't deep, this new WR would be the 4th starter at best, and he might not even make the team. I know we need an eventual replacement for Reggie, but this isn't the year to do it.

To me, Whalen has shown more than Brazil. Trade Brazil, keep Whalen. 

Whalen is probably a better pass-catcher, but he is relatively slow and can't get much separation. His YAC is also bad from what I've seen from him (don't know the exact stats). Brazill is a more explosive receiver and has more potential. He has the ability to breakout as a possible no2 receiver, something I don't see from Whalen.

If we needs pick and wanna trade players which players do you think could be on the trade block

On draft day,  unless you're trading great players,  your average everyday player has very, very little value.

I don't think we're trading anyone.

It would be terrible to take a WR. Even if we aren't deep, this new WR would be the 4th starter at best, and he might not even make the team. I know we need an eventual replacement for Reggie, but this isn't the year to do it.

This draft is very deep in WRs. I think they will take on in the lower rounds.

This draft is very deep in WRs. I think they will take on in the lower rounds.

I know it's deep, but it'd be incredibly stupid to take a WR with a precious draft pick that has little to no chance of making the team. We miss on enough late picks and I'd like to hit on a late pick that has a chance of making the team. A late WR probably won't make the team. I realize it's just a guess of yours, but I hope you're wrong.

Hope Grigs trades nothing, and stays put for the most part, take the best talent available when the picks roll in ...
"maybe" make a slight jump here or there if "the" guy they think can contribute falls, (like jumping up for Hilton)..

If Grigs acquires any picks I hope it is by sliding back...

There are plenty of raw prospects like Rogers and Brazil

Not just you, but a lot of people are lumping these 2 together like they are of equal talent and value.  I respectfully disagree.

I see Brazil as a solid backup WR.

I see Rogers with a low of Brazil and a high of Vincent Jackson

Not just you, but a lot of people are lumping these 2 together like they are of equal talent and value.  I respectfully disagree.

I see Brazil as a solid backup WR.

I see Rogers with a low of Brazil and a high of Vincent Jackson

I understand they have different skill sets, I meant they're both raw in that they have potential but not enough that someone is going to trade for them.

If Reggie is truly back and Nicks stays healthy, neither of those guys are going to get much PT.  I'd really like to see them continue to develop Rogers just to see if he can turn into an elite receiver.