Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'd pass. He was hurt last year, inconsistent the year before, and turns 32 before the season starts. I wouldn't complain on a small, one year deal, but I think we'd be better off in the draft. 

Completely agree. I wouldn't mind him as an insurance policy/kr

No. He'd be a stop gap option at best. If he could contribute he wouldn't be a free agent right now.

I don't think he is an answer but he is a veteren that could help teach but the reason he got cut was 100% about the fact he was coming off a serious injury and making entirely too much money...if he would have agreed to a cut to Clemmons money he would still be there...and I'm not even sure Clemmons starts in Houston...so neither of those guys would have been anything to be crazy about.

That logic is troubling, to say the least. Desean Jackson is a free agent right now.

The logic that if a player without question marks could contribute to a team he wouldn't be unemployed is troubling? DeSean Jackson is a free agent because he had HUGE off of the field question marks, and that wasn't something the Eagles wanted to face. With the Hernandez scandal teams are going to be more careful about what kind of lives their players live off of the field, in the short term at least. There is no doubt that Jackson will be an upgrade on the field for whatever team signs him, can you say the same about Daniel Manning? Didn't think so.

My exact point too everyone has been suggesting SS that's not ehat we need that's what Landry is

Landry is a FS and if I had to guess, that's where the team wants to keep him. Besides, Grigs and co. like versatile safties who can play both roles.

The logic that if a player without question marks could contribute to a team he wouldn't be unemployed is troubling? DeSean Jackson is a free agent because he had HUGE off of the field question marks, and that wasn't something the Eagles wanted to face. With the Hernandez scandal teams are going to be more careful about what kind of lives their players live off of the field, in the short term at least. There is no doubt that Jackson will be an upgrade on the field for whatever team signs him, can you say the same about Daniel Manning? Didn't think so.

2491.gif

Manning was overpaid, and wouldn't agree to a pay cut. Doesn't mean he can't play anymore. As I said already, I'm not a fan, but this whole "he's a free agent, that means he sucks" thing is nonsense. They just signed a FA to take his place a couple days ago. His availability doesn't mean he can't play.

Landry is a FS and if I had to guess, that's where the team wants to keep him. Besides, Grigs and co. like versatile safties who can play both roles.

Landry is god awful at FS he is way better fit for a SS he is a box safety like Bethea we need a ball hawk to pair with him

Manning was overpaid, and wouldn't agree to a pay cut. Doesn't mean he can't play anymore. As I said already, I'm not a fan, but this whole "he's a free agent, that means he sucks" thing is nonsense. They just signed a FA to take his place a couple days ago. His availability doesn't mean he can't play.

Ok. You could see how someone would be weary about signing a 32 year old safety, who was never an elite player and is coming off of a knee injury though right? Signing that player to start at S would be a mistake no matter the price. He's probably finished.

Ok. You could see how someone would be weary about signing a 32 year old safety, who was never an elite player and is coming off of a knee injury though right? Signing that player to start at S would be a mistake no matter the price. He's probably finished.

That's similar to what I said in my first post. I don't think he's done, but I'm not interested.

There are a lot more cuts to come. Manning is a SS not a FS just like most of the S's in the draft. He is old DeCoud Wright there are S's out there if Grigs wanted to bring one in for a look. He doesn't/hasn't.

Delano Howell is going to get first shot at playing S. I am sure that they will bring in some competition at some point maybe the draft maybe not. It would appear that this forum is a lot more concerned with Howell than the coaching staff. There is a good break down on Howell at Colts Authority with film clips and all. It is worth the time. It shows his short comings but you can see why Grigs might think he is on to something as well.

My biggest worry is Holmes if Costa get's hurt.

There are a lot more cuts to come. Manning is a SS not a FS just like most of the S's in the draft. He is old DeCoud Wright there are S's out there if Grigs wanted to bring one in for a look. He doesn't/hasn't.

Delano Howell is going to get first shot at playing S. I am sure that they will bring in some competition at some point maybe the draft maybe not. It would appear that this forum is a lot more concerned with Howell than the coaching staff. There is a good break down on Howell at Colts Authority with film clips and all. It is worth the time. It shows his short comings but you can see why Grigs might think he is on to something as well.

My biggest worry is Holmes if Costa get's hurt.

Holmes is going to start over Costa barring injuries

Would you expect anything less? its not like we couldnt use a safety.

We don't need a SS we need a FS. And I'm just saying every time someone gets cut somebody makes a thread saying we should sign them, it gets old. I don't know about you but I think we'd be much better off drafting a FS instead of signing a 32 year old SS to play FS.

We don't need a SS we need a FS. And I'm just saying every time someone gets cut somebody makes a thread saying we should sign them, it gets old. I don't know about you but I think we'd be much better off drafting a FS instead of signing a 32 year old SS to play FS.

A. Why are you surprised?

B. Don't click the obvious thread, and take the bait.

From what I heard the coaching staff thinks landry will b best suited as a FS