Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Rice indicted in New Jersey !

The Old Crow

since when does assault get you suspended 

Assault on a woman is kind of a big deal. Suspension/Fines should always happen in assault cases. Sorry, but men should be taught from birth to never strike a woman. Even if you aren't taught, it should just be obvious.

Assault on a woman is kind of a big deal. Suspension/Fines should always happen in assault cases. Sorry, but men should be taught from birth to never strike a woman. Even if you aren't taught, it should just be obvious.

I completely agree.

Seriously...??? Like that is equivalent to knocking someone unconscious :mindblow:

I didn't say it was. I appreciate you putting words in my mouth tho.

Just because she was punched doesn't mean she should be excused of spitting on someone (which is assault). They're both *s and should both be charged with the crimes they commited.

I didn't say it was. I appreciate you putting words in my mouth tho.

Just because she was punched doesn't mean she should be excused of spitting on someone (which is assault)

They're both *s and should both be charged with the crimes they commited.

My apologies...  I didn't mean to put words in your mouth.

and true, spitting on someone is inexcusable...   

Still,  what he did was FAR worse  

I'm not going to pass a heavy handed judgement here (that tape we've seen is what it is- speaks for it's self), but as far as the on the field goes, he lost some gas. I'll be interested in the Ravens FO's take on this after awhile, they've been in his corner so far.

Zero respect for the guy ever sense they had to stop him from flashing gang signs after TD's a few years back. I have no tolerance for crimes against women and children who in almost every case are defenseless. I sure hope he sees some jail time and a heavy suspension/fine.  

After having a severely disappointing season it is always best to follow it up with a domestic abuse charge in the offseason.  RR sounds like a *, but she is probably just as much trash as he is. Spitting on anyone is downright deplorable, but I do not think it deserves an assault from a football player and he deserves to be punished accordingly. I just do not want to hear her acting like this innocent little flower who just happened to be attacked.

Zero respect for the guy ever sense they had to stop him from flashing gang signs after TD's a few years back. I have no tolerance for crimes against women and children who in almost every case are defenseless. I sure hope he sees some jail time and a heavy suspension/fine.  

I had never heard anything about that and google turns up no results. Are you sure you aren't thinking of Desean Jackson?

PEOPLE should be taught not to physically harm anyone who doesn't attack them first.

I'm not going to just let a woman hit me because she's a woman.  And no one should be expected to.  

For the record I don't think physically attacking her after being spat upon is at all the proper response here.  That having been said she should be charged too.  

However if she hit him, I don't blame him for defending himself.  (I have not seen the video)

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. That was Jones-Drew.

MJD? Really? I hadn't heard that one either.

Addai was at one point accused of making what people thought were gang signs after TDs, but it turned out he was acknowledging an injured friend or something...

~ however the video that surfaced in this particular case is pretty incriminating...  

I found the way he treated her while unconscious disconcerting - it's your fiance, not a sack of potatoes - but it certainly isn't incriminating. I assumed that she was drunk the first time that I saw it.

Personally I would have called for medical attention and (if necessary) found someone to help me carry her properly. But being a :nutz: isn't illegal. Of course I'm also not clear why a 200+ pound professional athlete would be incapable of carrying his girlfriend. In viewing the tape, the Ravens might be less concerned with his morality than with the need for an off-season conditioning program. :P

Seriously....???  How convenient.

Not a conspiracy, a reflection of the fact that his (now) wife has no interest in charges being pursued. Surely that should be taken into consideration when judging from afar?

Rice went to school 20 miles from my house, and I've followed his career, and I've never heard a bad word about him. Quite the opposite actually. There is no excuse for striking someone demonstrably weaker than yourself, but his fiance did hit him first, and she is clearly willing to give him a second chance. Why basis do we have for judging him harsher than she does? We aren't talking about Darren Sharper here.