Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles fielding offers for Desean Jackson. Pats and 49ers interested. Looking for a 3rd round pick.

Dustin

Fantastic. Well worth the third round pick.

if they really shop him for a 3rd rounder the eagles are really stuipd. And you guys get a steal.

do you have the cap space?

Why are the panthers not intersted? what the heck are they doing?

if they really shop him for a 3rd rounder the eagles are really stuipd. And you guys get a steal.

I agree. It is a steal. We have the cap space but I would imagine a trade would be contingent on him re-doing his deal.

Carolina is the biggest off-season mystery.

The 49ers need some speed at the WR position. Someone that can beat Sherman (like TY did) They looked at Edelman, and will probably get Jackson seeing as how they have two 3rd rounders. Boldin, Crabtree, and Jackson would be pretty nice.

They're in cap hell so I doubt they have the space for him. 

Not it that's stopping Panther fans from freaking out. Their board has been full meltdown mode watching every WR sign elsewhere. Very entertaining. :popcorn:

The only way I see this happening is if the Patriots give Amendola to the Eagles and maybe cut Wilfork or trade him.

There have been rumors of Amendola being traded. I just can't see why the Eagles would move on from Jackson... the guy seems to fit their style perfectly.

San Fransisco picks him up that team will be very interesting to watch.

49ers need to match the Harvin trade of the Seahawks, this is their chance.

AFC and NFC has 2 teams vying for free agents to match up with each other with the only difference the Seahawks and 49ers are in the same division.

Patriots have $9M in cap space, and DeSean has 3 years left on his contract with a $13M hit this year. If they want to spend the money on offense go ahead. But your defense will greatly suffer.

The defense is set. They already spent on that. They have 9 but another 4 will come if they either restructure or cut Wilfork which will happen at some point soon. And their top need besides corner was outside WR so they have to spend there. I would think a trade would be contingent on Jackson restructuring to make his cap hit more friendly.

DeSean is far too much of a headcase.

No, thanks.

I read that he's too small for Chip Kelly's offense.

He has been fine since he got his contract. If a guy of his talent does not fit with your offense, you have to wonder if Kelly's offense is sustainable. Not to mention he is great in the return game as well.

I agree. It is a steal. We have the cap space but I would imagine a trade would be contingent on him re-doing his deal.

Carolina is the biggest off-season mystery.

I think Carolina's offensive plan is to have Cam snap the ball to Cam, who then hands off to Cam, who then pitched the ball back to Cam for the flea flicker, who then fakes the deep pass to Cam after thinking better of it and instead dumps the ball off to Cam, who then laterals to Cam, who runs it in for a touchdown.