Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it possible that Houston......

Isn't he looking for a mobile QB? I think Vick is going to be a bargain for someone. I hope Houston does not sign him.

Nope. He likes big 6'5" + QBs who weigh about 230+ lbs.

I hope they sign Vick so that their forced to play a backup QB by week 5.

Vick is done. I don't care if someone says he still has some left in the tank... he is inconsistent from a week to week basis and is always an injury risk. The gamble is too risky and that is why he is best suited to be a backup QB. He needs to see the field less.

On ESPN yesterday one of the analysts sitting with Polian and Schefter mentioned a trade that would send Steve Smith to the Patriots, Ryan Mallet to the Texans, and the 33rd pick to the Panthers.

I am guessing that Mallet was a rookie in O'Brien's last year as offensive coordinator with the Patriots. There is some familiarity for O'Brien. Maybe they view Mallet as better than anyone they could draft?

I have not heard anything on this trade after it was mentioned yesterday. I am not familiar with the analyst who mentioned it. It was not Adam Schefter.

players that waste their career for money are scum

Let me get this right. If you had the oppertunity to take a job that will pay you enough in 3 years to set yourself up for the rest of your life you wouldn't take that job?  Any answer but yes is a lie. The NFL IS a business from top to bottom reguardless of your blindness of all the glory related to it. The NFL is the only major sport where a contract means zero when the owners quit making money off of the players. How many of the free agents today and yesterday lost their job when they were under contract to be paid a set amount of money just to be terminated like the contact didn't mean a thing?

players that waste their career for money are scum

What's the basis of this? Why should anyone even take this seriously when you don't even say why? All it does is make you sound unintelligent when you just say something like that.

Playing in the NFL job. It's a very unique and potentially high paying job, but a job none the less. The NFL is a business and a business where you can potentially get paid an extreme amount of money in a short amount of time (In comparison to most jobs) if you are good enough and your body can handle the rigors of it. Making money is as much part of the decision of where to sign as is where your best chance to win a ring is. Not many players get the chance to make 6+ million a year so when that opportunity is there what's wrong with going with the place that gives you more money? They don't make this kind of money their entire lives so why not try and make as much as you can while you're in the league? Nobody is trying to be a sucker and screw themselves over in this league. They are smart enough to know to get theirs while they can. To do that you sometimes have to sacrifice things. Whether it be the quality of the team, the location of the team, how much money you'll get from the team etc. you're going to sacrifice something. If they want to get the most money possible there's nothing wrong with that. Just because it might not be what you would do doesn't make them scum and to say they are scum is honestly one of the dumbest things you could say (Especially in the manner you said it). 

The essence of any career is making a long lasting impression not just getting rich. All of you are short sighted if all you care about is money

If you read my post and this is what you got from it then re-read what I said then try again. If you seriously believe that then you must not understand that the situation is not the same for everyone. Not every player is in the league to make "a long last impression". Some are in it to get paid so they can provide for their family and be better off financially than they would with a different occupation. If you are ignoring that or don't believe it then you're in your own world on this. The essence of any career is different for each individual. 

If you read my post and this is what you got from it then re-read what I said then try again. If you seriously believe that then you must not understand that the situation is not the same for everyone. Not every player is in the league to make "a long last impression". Some are in it to get paid so they can provide for their family and be better off financially than they would with a different occupation. If you are ignoring that or don't believe it then you're in your own world on this. The essence of any career is different for each individual.

I've never had anything and have supported myself for a long time so don't question my views

I've never had anything and have supported myself for a long time so don't question my views

Here's the thing though....It's not about you. You are not an NFL player, you are not in their position and you are not the one signing the contract that could define their financial future for a majority if not the rest of their life. 

Will take a flier on Michael Vick and draft a young QB in the second or third round. Yes, Vick has problems staying healthy but he still has a lot of talent. Would he make Houston dangerous to the Colts?

I don't see Vick as a fit for Bill O'Brien.

I'd buy Mallett or the Denver back-up (who came from ASU, his name escapes me)

Or,  take one of the 2nd tier QB's to groom.

Here's the thing though....It's not about you. You are not an NFL player, you are not in their position and you are not the one signing the contract that could define their financial future for a majority if not the rest of their life. 

what's a couple million to an NFL player. Oh right they now get three cars instead of four.

doc-rivers.gif

Really? You gotta be trolling at this point.

Why is that because I have a better view in life that doesn't involve money. I'll give you my favorite quote of Forrest Gump "there's only so much money a person really needs and the rest is just showing off" who needs a castle mansion with a mould

Why is that because I have a better view in life that doesn't involve money. I'll give you my favorite quote of Forrest Gump "there's only so much money a person really needs and the rest is just showing off" who needs a castle mansion with a mould

What world do you live in that makes you say that like all players live like that? Also please don't play the quote game. Forrest Gump is not saving you from making ignorant and uniformed  statements.

What world do you live in that makes you say that like all players live like that? Also please don't play the quote game. Forrest Gump is not saving you from making ignorant and uniformed  statements.

justify a castle mansion with a mould and then ask who's view of life is better