Majority "NO" to Decker

Bravo

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do a google search for Decker's drop rate and tell me again how I'm so biased. Also, I never said we shouldn't sign another WR, just not this overpriced, not so sure handed, cry baby one.

What did he drop. I think it was seven passes. That isn't much over a full season and lots of things can go into that. He has good hands.

What did he drop. I think it was seven passes. That isn't much over a full season and lots of things can go into that. He has good hands.

The ones I saw were very easy catches. This year he was better than last where he had the second worst drop rate in the NFL. No WR who has good hands gets the second worst drop rate in the NFL.

after read all your posts on this topic i have to ask. Are you deckers agent?

Nah, I don't even care if they sign him. I think he is far and away the best WR out there and he is young, big and physical. If they team decided to sign him I know he would play well for the Colts in spite of what some people here say. The only reason someone would think otherwise is if they think Andrew Luck won't be as good at finding him open as Peyton Manning has been. I don't think that is the case, do you?

He's not a #1 and is a borderline #2.   

He's way too expensive for what he brings.   

Not to mention he disappeared in the Super Bowl this season.

So now he is a borderline #2. Ha, ha............. You folks have some serious hate going on.  The whole Denver team disappeared. Seattle was just a whole lot better team.

So now he is a borderline #2. Ha, ha............. You folks have some serious hate going on.  The whole Denver team disappeared. Seattle was just a whole lot better team.

I just don't think he is a "great wide receiver". He's going to want "great WR" money. 

Let's say we pass on Decker and Wayne does retire next year and we dont have anyone to step in. There will be free agent veteran receivers available next season, Decker isnt a once in a lifetime opportunity. He isnt a game changer.

Would I kick the tires and maybe see what he is asking for, probably. If it was #1 receiver money, which I am sure it will be then I would thank his agent for his time and move on.

That is good. Then you will have someone on the practice squad you can bring in to be a number one if Reggie doesn't work out or he gets injured again. Good luck with that.

I would have Reggie, TY, Rogers, Brazill, and my 2nd/3rd round WR(Jordan Mathews, Jarvis Landry, Becham Jr, Allen Robinson etc). I'll take that

So now he is a borderline #2. Ha, ha............. You folks have some serious hate going on. The whole Denver team disappeared. Seattle was just a whole lot better team.

FWIW Mike Martz just said on NFL Network he barely considers Decker a #2 receiver.

I just don't see the talent there to draw that kind of money.

FWIW Mike Martz just said on NFL Network he barely considers Decker a #2 receiver.

I just don't see the talent there to draw that kind of money.

Its the new NFL where the secret to success is marginal qbs and number 2 wr's get paid like #1's.

Not at all, just a Colts fan who has a poor habit of using unfortunate pronouns when he disagrees with someone. I am a fan of Peyton Manning but not of the Denver Broncos. I hope that is acceptable. OK, I'll restate, I think the front office is good enough to know that they need to address the problem at wide receiver and they will if you think that is not the way to go. I hope that is better. I will also try to say we whenever I am referring to the Colts. Not doing so is a habit I want to break and it has been mentioned to me before.

You're clearly a Broncos fan, guy. I've read some of your other posts where you've taken jabs at Irsay while praising the Broncos organization. Nice try though

Looks like Sexy Rexy has killed this topic (thankfully!), FWIW I thought Decker would have been too expensive, while WR is a need I think we could afford to roll the dice somewhat in this draft. There will be 1st round talent going in the 2nd round, but I guess that means they're only good enough for P/S? :P 

You're clearly a Broncos fan, guy. I've read some of your other posts where you've taken jabs at Irsay while praising the Broncos organization. Nice try though

No. I am a Colts fan and a Peyton fan. When Peyton is gone from the Broncos, I will no longer be interested in them. I would assume there are many here who are the same way. I do think Elway has done a great job putting talent around Peyton. Much better than Indy has been able to do for Luck so far but there window will not be open long. Luck has another ten years barring serious injury.

Decker to Jets 5/$36.25 with $15 guaranteed

Pretty reasonable price so it leads me to believe that maybe the Colts were never too high on him. Depending on the how the rest of FA plays out, the Colts might see someone in the draft they like already and believe he will be available when we have picks if WR really is a priority to them. Personally I like our depth at receiver already. Also, living in NYG country, I really don't think Nicks is the answer.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of addressing WR through the draft. We have a unique situation with Wayne where we can take a young receiver and say "see that guy, from now on you're his shadow." One, maybe two years of that and it should start a young receiver on the right path to becoming a solid professional.