Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I can't believe the disrespect Hakeem Nicks is getting here

1yrdandacloudofdust

From what I understand, Nicks does his best work in the areas of the field that Luck has the most success.

If this were to be a telling of what is to come then... Wayne, Hilton, Nicks, and company could be formidable along with a backfield that may look like Richardson, Ballard, and Bradshaw.

:-)

From what I understand, Nicks does his best work in the areas of the field that Luck has the most success.

If this were to be a telling of what is to come then... Wayne, Hilton, Nicks, and company could be formidable along with a backfield that may look like Richardson, Ballard, and Bradshaw.

:-)

When u see the lineup in writing, its actually scray how good that team could be. And you could ease Reggie back into it. And have him play the slot.

I'd also like to axe the fullback crap. Dwayne Allen as an H Back is all that is needed.

I'd be shocked if Nicks signs with anyone for $4 Mill.      If he'd sign for that, I'd give him a contract and a pen in a New York minute!

But, I don't think you have to worry about Decker getting $10 Mill from Grigson.   Again,  I'd be shocked if that were to happen.

IMO, it would be an even bigger surprise than the Richardson trade.

Decker isn't a $10 Mill WR,  and Grigson is not the type of GM to give someone that big a contract unless he's a flat-out stud and Decker is not.   (No offense to the lovely Mrs. Decker who I'm sure thinks her hubbie is a stud!)

I wouldn't dislike the idea of signing him if he were cheap, but I think he's going to get more than 4M a year....probably 8 or 9. Some WRs are grossly overvalued imo. Look at Mike Wallace.

He's way too injury prone to get that. He's getting an incentive leaden deal. He needs some carrots to keep him focused.Him and Miles Austin cant be trusted with guaranteed money

He's way too injury prone to get that. He's getting an incentive leaden deal. He needs some carrots to keep him focused.Him and Miles Austin cant be trusted with guaranteed money

Miles Austin; no.

Hakeem Nicks; I swear man, somebody's going to overpay for him. There are a lot of teams with a lot of cap space. I didn't even think he was THAT injury prone.

I wouldn't dislike the idea of signing him if he were cheap, but I think he's going to get more than 4M a year....probably 8 or 9. Some WRs are grossly overvalued imo. Look at Mike Wallace.

I like Nicks's size, big hands, nice wingspan...for the right price, he'd be a nice long ball, flea flicker surprise killer to a defense. Normally, I'd love anything off a GM Jerry Reese team, but I'd go after Jason Avant 1st or Kenny Britt like we discussed in earlier threads. Why? I like hungry guys with their livelihoods on the line because they are committed especially when they will take less money because the pool of interested NFL clubs is small & not overflowing. 

Miles Austin; no.

Hakeem Nicks; I swear man, somebody's going to overpay for him. There are a lot of teams with a lot of cap space. I didn't even think he was THAT injury prone.

I agree with you on that Peytonator. Yes, Nicks will be overpaid by somebody & like you I do not believe that he is a lingering injury waiting to happen. He's nowhere near Bob Sanders oh look he's in street clothes again territory. Not a slam against Bob or his abilities, but he was sidelined with nonstop injuries after the 2006 INDY SB.  

He's so much bettet than Decker. And the thought of him playing in a dome is scary. He's #1 wr good. And should come cheap and with a chip on his shoulder to prove he's still one of the best

I've not seen such levels of "disrespect"? Care to share examples? Anyway yes he might be more of a talent than Decker but he is injury prone and considering he was in a contract year he didn't exactly show potential suitors much. Fair enough the Giants were a mess all round but he really didn't show much and certainly didn't seem to be playing with that much of a "I'll show them" attitude. 

For the record his injury history:

http://www.kffl.com/player/20750/nfl/injury_history/hakeem-nicks

I'd also say he's not "so much" better than Decker. 

As above someone will pay NIcks more than $4 Million and I would imagine he will get more than a 1 year prove me deal, I'll guess at the $11Million/2 Year region but I'm in no way a expert on player contracts. Miles Austin is not as attractive a prospect as he as the injury issues with less of the upside. 

I like Nicks's size, big hands, nice wingspan...for the right price, he'd be a nice long ball, flea flicker surprise killer to a defense. Normally, I'd love anything off a GM Jerry Reese team, but I'd go after Jason Avant 1st or Kenny Britt like we discussed in earlier threads. Why? I like hungry guys with their livelihoods on the line because they are committed especially when they will take less money because the pool of interested NFL clubs is small & not overflowing.

Nicks- YES -- I always liked Nicks. He will get more than $4M/year. He could stay in NY and sign with the Jets who desperately need a WR and have lots of cap space. They will have even more space when they cut Santonio Holmes (good riddance!).

Avant - Yes -- good leader, won't command too much money.

Decker -- not at the price that he wants. I'd take Nicks over Decker.

Kenny Britt -- NO WAY! He always seems to be in trouble with the law. The Colts don't need that type of distraction.

I agree with you on that Peytonator. Yes, Nicks will be overpaid by somebody & like you I do not believe that he is a lingering injury waiting to happen. He's nowhere near Bob Sanders oh look he's in street clothes again territory. Not a slam against Bob or his abilities, but he was sidelined with nonstop injuries after the 2006 INDY SB.  

I ran out of like southwest! 

Facebook_like_thumb.png

I like Nicks's size, big hands, nice wingspan...for the right price, he'd be a nice long ball, flea flicker surprise killer to a defense. Normally, I'd love anything off a GM Jerry Reese team, but I'd go after Jason Avant 1st or Kenny Britt like we discussed in earlier threads. Why? I like hungry guys with their livelihoods on the line because they are committed especially when they will take less money because the pool of interested NFL clubs is small & not overflowing. 

I think I know you pretty well....one thing I do not want from a Jerry Reese team is Curtis Painter  :runforhills:  t-h-u-d  :faint:  :peek:  :burnout:

I was thinking about Nicks and I don't see why we can't offer him a short "prove it" deal like we did to DHB.  

If he can rebound then you've picked up a good WR for the season at least with a chance to re-sign after the season.  

If he sucks, you only have him on contract for one year and we proceed with the other guys we have.  

He's so much bettet than Decker. And the thought of him playing in a dome is scary. He's #1 wr good. And should come cheap and with a chip on his shoulder to prove he's still one of the best

I have had people point out that they would not trade Hilton for any receiver like Decker or Nicks. In fact, I don't they would trade Hilton for Megatron.

It is not ability, it is availability with Hakeem Nicks. Yes, his ceiling is very high but his floor is very low. Ever since his foot injuries, he has not been able to separate like he used to in his first 2 years. No wonder Eli went to Cruz and Randle the last year, it is not a co-incidence. He had some key drops last year as well.

If we sign a 2 or 3 yr. option like an Emmanuel Sanders or even James Jones, that would be all that we need, to be honest, especially with both Wayne and Allen returning.

Agreed he is better then Decker I live in NJ and get to see him a lot he is always injured and his attitude is not the greatest

I have had people point out that they would not trade Hilton for any receiver like Decker or Nicks. In fact, I don't they would trade Hilton for Megatron.

Trade Hilton for Decker or Nicks?  Absolutely not.  Anyone that wouldn't trade any other receiver in the game right now for Megatron straight up is insane.  Even the Lions aren't stupid enough to do something like that.  As for Nicks, I'd happily take him for $4 million per.  He's going to get more than that though and with his injury history he's not worth it.  If Grigson considers signing Decker at $10 million a year for more than about half a second I'll be disappointed in him.  Decker's a good receiver but not that good.

Miles Austin; no.

He's missed at least 1 game every year.  The 1 regular season game isn't as big of a deal as it is the problem that his body wears donw as the season goes along, meaning that there's a good chance he's not physically able to play in the playoffs more often than not.  What good is he to us if he can't help us win a superbowl?

When u see the lineup in writing, its actually scray how good that team could be. And you could ease Reggie back into it. And have him play the slot.

I'd also like to axe the fullback crap. Dwayne Allen as an H Back is all that is needed.

I actually like the fullback crap. Havili IMO needed more touches last year when it was obvious that TRich was ineffective.