Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Decker

I believe this one......

5819.jpg

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Broncos plan to let Eric Decker test the free agent market in March.

In other words, they won't be re-signing him ahead of March 11. Per RapSheet, the Broncos "view (Decker) as a No. 2," and with both Demaryius and Julius Thomas entering contract years, Denver isn't willing to commit No. 1-receiver money to Decker. The team's "hope" is reportedly that Decker will receive his best offer and give the Broncos a chance to match. Ultimately, we expect Decker to follow the money. He's the top wideout eligible to hit the open market.

we dont need another wr. luck has enough weapons. what will need is more pass rush to help mathis and better run stuffers

We need better pass protection and run blocking, but with Reggie and Allen coming back next year I agree it would be silly to spend big money on a WR in FA. C and ILB are the teams biggest needs right now.

If the Broncos win, then their time at the top may be over. Welker, Bailey and Manning could all retire if they win this game. Moreno, Rodgers-Cromartie and Decker will be free agents and likely elsewhere. It is however time for Bailey to win and I'd love to see Manning lift the Lombardi again. Lets go Broncos.

I hope the Colts avoid overpaying anyone and Decker is no exception.  You just can't give a 2nd option no.1 money, and he wouldn't come here unless we made him a ridiculous offer.   I am also cognizant of how good Peyton makes him appear statistically.

I'd offer him 6/36 tops, knowing it's not enough.

Ill take Golden Tate if we are talking about signing a wr, Hard nosed, crafty after the catch, good hands wr

Probably won't be asking for as much money as Decker either.  Decker is gonna get paid by someone.

The only question is who is Denver going to replace Decker with?  Do they go with a cheaper free agent WR or do they draft one high?

Probably won't be asking for as much money as Decker either.  Decker is gonna get paid by someone.

The only question is who is Denver going to replace Decker with?  Do they go with a cheaper free agent WR or do they draft one high?

The Broncos have an estimated $12,894,044.00 According to Over The Cap, I expect the following to happen:

Cut

Champ Bailey-Cap savings $10,000,000.00 (He can still get it done from time to time but he is clearly not what he once was)

Kevin Vickerson-Cap savings $2,000,000.....At best a rotational player

Jacob Tamme-Cap savings $3,000,000.......They have Thomas and he is the superior TE, Tamme is decent and can be productive but the cap savings outweight what his production would likely be with the Broncos, Zach Dysert and Virgil Greene can produce for less in this offense

Total savings-$14,000,000.00 once you add in there combined $1,000,000 Dead Cap hit for cutting them..........Well worth it to save 14 mill

I believe I have that right......Somebody confirm?

I expect the Broncos go in one of three areas in the draft

WR

OLB

S

The Broncos have an estimated $12,894,044.00 According to Over The Cap, I expect the following to happen:

Cut

Champ Bailey-Cap savings $10,000,000.00 (He can still get it done from time to time but he is clearly not what he once was)

Jacob Tamme-Cap savings $3,000,000.......They have Thomas and he is the superior TE, Tamme is decent and can be productive but the cap savings outweight what his production would likely be with the Broncos, Zach Dysert and Virgil Greene can produce for less in this offense

Total savings-$14,000,000.00 once you add in there combined $1,000,000 Dead Cap hit for cutting them..........Well worth it to save 14 mill

WR

OLB

S

I can confirm your numbers are right. 

Here is my question.  What are the Bronco's going to do about their CB situation?  Looks like pretty much every CB that saw many snaps with the Broncos is either UFA or RFA.  

Here is my question.  What are the Bronco's going to do about their CB situation?  Looks like pretty much every CB that saw many snaps with the Broncos is either UFA or RFA.  

I would say they bring both Harris and DRC back plus draft a corner early. After they cut Bailey of course.

Alterraun Verner or Aqib Talib or a Man Corner in the draft

Cut

WR

OLB

S

You can add Dressan to that list too...2.5 million. They have Thomas and Virgil Green...both younger and more athletic. They have holes to fill certainly but they have a lot of young draft picks like Webster, Carter, Harris probably coming back. I think they resign Decker if he is in the 6-8 million range...basically Garcon range. They probably resign DRC and Beadles and Phillips as well. The probably look for cheap vets and the draft for the rest of their issues. They do get stronger on the OL with Clady back and SB withstanding Clarks play could make Clady a trade commodity or Clark at the very least. I would look for Denver to do what they did last year in the secondary and rent a couple aging corners...will it work...we will see...they play A LOT of man.

You can add Dressan to that list too...2.5 million. They have Thomas and Virgil Green...both younger and more athletic. They have holes to fill certainly but they have a lot of young draft picks like Webster, Carter, Harris probably coming back. I think they resign Decker if he is in the 6-8 million range...basically Garcon range. They probably resign DRC and Beadles and Phillips as well. The probably look for cheap vets and the draft for the rest of their issues. They do get stronger on the OL with Clady back and SB withstanding Clarks play could make Clady a trade commodity or Clark at the very least. I would look for Denver to do what they did last year in the secondary and rent a couple aging corners...will it work...we will see...they play A LOT of man.

I don't know about Beatles.  Depends on how much he wants.  From what I've been reading he's been consistently the weak link in their offensive line.  

I could see Moreno getting a shot with the Giants.

He's a Jersey kid, and Giants RB David Wilson....seen in this link mooning NYC traffic...after a very disappointing couple of games in 2013, recently had neck surgery, never a good thing for a RB.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/17/david-wilson-celebrates-successful-surgery-by-mooning-nyc/

• 4 weeks later...

Luck is suppose to be the next big thing since peyton coming out of the draft. He has shown he will and can be the next Brady/Peyton of the new era. So with that said he can get to the SB with what we have at the WR position. Sign Oline and Dline and DB and Saftey

we dont need another wr. luck has enough weapons. what will need is more pass rush to help mathis and better run stuffers

You are sadly short of receivers. They are going to add to that. If Reggie does not come back 100%, you have no number one receiver and you are loaded with practice squad suspects.

You are sadly short of receivers. They are going to add to that. If Reggie does not come back 100%, you have no number one receiver and you are loaded with practice squad suspects.

My thoughts exactly... Reggie is on his way out unfortunately we need to have someone long term and reliable.