Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

THE **OFFICIAL** SUPER BOWL XLVIII GAME THREAD.

Dustin

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter if your offense is the best ever. 

We've seen it countless times that anytime the current top offense goes against one of if not the best defenses they usually come up short in the playoffs.

Heck, just look at recent memory:

2003/2004 Colts

2007 Patriots

2009 Patriots

2013 Broncos

Hopefully, for my Pacers sake, this goes for the NBA too. ;)

Well, did Denver just give up on scoring?

They're determined to pass when there's nothing there.

Now that time is not on their side, watch them finally start trying to run more in the second half. Awful playcalling, but at the same time give tons of credit to Seattle.

Denver had plenty of time to establish the run game, but now it's too late. They'll kill too much clock and lose. They had the option earlier, and now Seattle knows Denver must pass for a prayer at catching up.  Get ready for 2-3 more interceptions if Denver elects to pass. Pass or run, they're probably done.

A comeback is still possible, but to say it's a stretch is being generous.

They're determined to pass when there's nothing there.

Now that time is not on their side, watch them finally start trying to run more in the second half.

I still think you take 3 there, and odds are Seattle tries to run the clock out. Make it a 3 score game.

No flag. Of course.

Seattle got the obvious tripping and PI...why not Denver?

Not that it makes much of a difference.

And great. There's a false start. Masterful, Vasquez. I'd rather put the Vasquez from Aliens at center.

DPI is rarely called against Seattle when it should be. It's been like that all season.

Well its going to get worse.. HappyFeet can't handle this..

He can't beat 52 other guys if that's what you're saying.

Nobody on Denver is playing their position well. That includes Peyton. Give tons of credit to Seattle for making Denver their red headed stepchildren.

Offense - Seattle

Defense - Seattle X10

Special Teams - Seattle       

Coaching - Seattle

How did we beat this Seattle team?

One, we had Luck who could extend plays with his legs. Two, we had T.Y. and they had Brandon Browner still who was more style than substance and he chose to trash talk with T.Y.

Seahawks match up well with big physical wideouts and outside Welker, the Broncos wideouts are bigger than shiftier. For all the Colts fans who want BIG WRs, let this be a lesson. The smaller Doug Baldwin, Percy Harvin and T.Ys, Antonio Browns of the world benefit from the modern passing rules and are more bang for the buck, IMO. Speed kills, more than anything.

Size can be negated but speed is harder to negate with the current passing rules.

He can't beat 52 other guys if that's what you're saying.

Nobody on Denver is playing their position well. That includes Peyton. Give tons of credit to Seattle for making Denver their red headed stepchildren.

Offense - Seattle

Defense - Seattle X10

Special Teams - Seattle

Coaching - Seattle

I called this in another thread about a week ago... I'll be shocked if HappyFeet ends the game with only 2 picks.

This is F'n great!

I called this in another thread about a week ago... I'll be shocked if HappyFeet ends the game with only 2 picks

Well now he has to throw, so there will be a few more throws on a wing and a prayer that SEA will INT. Or hit as he throws because his line is getting tooled on.

The only other option is to try running, but they'll kill the clock if they do it now. SEA can just sit back and watch Denver keep throwing the game away to them. Literally.

One, we had Luck who could extend plays with his legs. Two, we had T.Y. and they had Brandon Browner still who was more style than substance and he chose to trash talk with T.Y.

Seahawks match up well with big physical wideouts and outside Welker, the Broncos wideouts are bigger than shiftier. For all the Colts fans who want BIG WRs, let this be a lesson. The smaller Doug Baldwin, Percy Harvin and T.Ys, Antonio Browns of the world benefit from the modern passing rules and are more bang for the buck, IMO. Speed kills, more than anything.

Size can be negated but speed is harder to negate with the current passing rules.

That's true, but I think you still need one 6'2 or 6'3 beast as your number one.

Say it with me ...manning is the Greatest regular season quarter back of all time....

He's one of the greatest to ever play, regardless of when it is. He's not a one man team who can piledrive a great team in to submission. No man is.

The Denver Broncos are a good team. They're just being taken to the woodshed by a great one.

Even Jerry Rice, the G.O.A.T. of any position, would probably be struggling here.