Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

THE **OFFICIAL** SUPER BOWL XLVIII GAME THREAD.

Dustin

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Everything is on Peyton.

We understand that you're preemptively trying to highlight everything that isn't on Peyton to make it seem like he isn't playing a big role in this collapse, but I don't think this is the time. He is going to get criticism for this and it will be deserved. So far, the greatest scoring offense in NFL history has 0 points through the first 3 quarters. The Broncos are the betting favorite, and this whole week was all about how Peyton Manning was the best ever. You're trying to downplay his failures here, but he deserves a fair amount of blame for saving his worst game for today.

2 INT's.. who threw the ball again..

Who blocked?

Who has stepped up for Denver and made a play?

Who HASN'T fumbled?

Who snaps the ball?

Who plays on special teams? Coverage AND returns?

Manning isn't part of the solution tonight. He's on a long list of problems and poor level of play. He, like all great QB's, are only as good as the guys blocking, their running backs, and the guys catching the football. None of them are doing their job, and neither is he.

Broncos had not seen a D like this all year. I told my friend who has very little football knowledge that if I was betting, Because he was gonna place a bet that the Seahawks will win BIG. or broncos will win on a late FG so he can choose which ever he felt comfy with, but  I would lean toward the Seahawks. Just goes to show each game  can tell a different story. I feel if you have a decent offense with a top D you will be hard to beat. I just hope Denver gets on the board.

Nothing in the previous 18 games indicated this could happen....

...so bad on offense......embarassing.. they'll be a laughing stock for the next year..

There is no way they can be worse... you can build a team that might show up next time. If there is a next time.

We understand that you're preemptively trying to highlight everything that isn't on Peyton to make it seem like he isn't playing a big role in this collapse, but I don't think this is the time. He is going to get criticism for this and it will be deserved. So far, the greatest scoring offense in NFL history has 0 points through the first 3 quarters. The Broncos are the betting favorite, and this whole week was all about how Peyton Manning was the best ever. You're trying to downplay his failures here, but he deserves a fair amount of blame for saving his worst game for today.

While I agree with this, Peyton isn't solely to blame. He doesn't play defense or on special teams, and he doesn't snap the ball. He also didn't fumble the ball after catching and running with only one hand on the ball. Yup, he's screwed up too, but this was a team failure, not a Peyton only failure.

He has not played well at all, but he can't play for everyone.

Its not a choke when the other team is better

The Seahawks are a better team, but the Broncos have been lighting it up all year long, and they had the best offense of all time in the regular season. I feel so bad for Peyton. He is going to get hammered by the media after this game