Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

THE **OFFICIAL** SUPER BOWL XLVIII GAME THREAD.

Dustin

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best scoring offense of all time is getting absolutely manhandled. Peyton picked a bad time to have his worst game of the season (or half of the season). It's going to take some effort to get back in this.

Apparently Manning is responsible for the offensive line blocking and his receivers getting open. The whole team is playing terribly.

It doesn't matter if your offense is the best ever. 

We've seen it countless times that anytime the current top offense goes against one of if not the best defenses they usually come up short in the playoffs.

Heck, just look at recent memory:

2003/2004 Colts

2007 Patriots

2009 Patriots

2013 Broncos

Apparently Manning is responsible for the offensive line blocking and his receivers getting open. The whole team is playing terribly.

Yes the whole team is playing poorly. Though it hasn't always been the case in playoff losses, in this game Manning is playing his position poorly as well.

This is like 2004 Indy or that Jets game I'd like to forget where we lost something like 51-0. Denver is just plain outmatched like we were in those years.

It doesn't matter if your offense is the best over.

We've seen it countless times that anytime the current top offense goes against one of if not the best defenses they usually come up short.

People just don't seem to get this concept. All I heard all week in here and TV was the prolific Manning and Denver will smoke the Seahawks Same thing in the Bucs Raiders Superbowl , Vegas taking fools money.

People just don't seem to get this concept. All I heard all week in here and TV was the prolific Manning and Denver will smoke the Seahawks

I thought it would be more of game and could have gone either way.

Anyone who thought the Broncos would smoke L.O.B. hasn't watched much football, or is a homer. While it's technically possible the people preaching it as fact were, quite simply, *.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Wentz was a reclamation project.  What we saw were the same things that got him run out of Philly.  Frank was a great option to try to get his head back on straight, and expecting him to turn him around in one year isn't realistic.  This was a situation where the owner wasn't feeling it and forced the change.  Now he's sky high on Ryan who has the development and maturity sides down but whose body is on that final countdown to retirement.    This might work  One thing's for sure, the team should be better with Ryan.  Question is how much better.  Are they a playoff team?  I think that's likely.  But is there a championship run window with Ryan?  I'm not sure about that and going to wait and see.  The AFC playoff field is loaded with good young QBs so there's that chance that the Colts are the team hanging on and trying to force a window that isn't there for them.   On the other side I do appreciate having a pro QB who has all those basics covered.  I just hope he's got the juice to sustain a few years of high end play to keep this team in it.  This isn't about throwing the ball on first and second down with play action, as even backups can do that.  It's about nailing those field stretchers like deep outs or nines on critical throwing downs to keep teams honest vs Taylor and that run game.  I'm hopeful but there are times where I think Irsay is feeling his mortality and maybe throwing his weight around more than is healthy for a top organization.
    • Critical thinking is not complaining. Others have made similar assessments from the highlight video, so you are not alone.   Winning those catches and routes in college is very different than the NFL (especially when you play in the American Athletic Conference).     JJ Arcega-Whiteside (who was also a late 2nd round pick) was dominant at winning those go routes and contested catches. He can't even get on the field now.   Not that Pierce will struggle like JJAWS, just that his current skillset will need to evolve. Have to be able to get open.   As for his upside, Pierce's college production has historically translated to more of a floor type of player.    Lots of good WRs went before the Colts pick, unfortunately. I really liked Watson and would have loved to see them draft Wandale, but that's not their style for the WR position.   IMO, I think the Colts are going after H/W/S guys (can't teach height and speed) at WR and TE...and then having a pro like Reggie teach them how to run routes (theoretically possible to do). Hopefully it works.
    • I was over it at 59 minutes and 59 seconds, so I win by 1 second - just messin with you. I am all about 2022 now, I like me some Matt Ryan and our roster looks great on paper.
  • Members

• Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 436

• Four2itus

Four2itus 8,163

• 07dleigh

07dleigh 140

• Smonroe

Smonroe 4,239

• bWild

bWild 63

• Solon