Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

biggest needs on front seven

OLD FAN MAN

I dunno, but a guy off the scrap heap like Pendleton plays better than Montori (our next Haloti Ngata according to the exagerating Coach Chuck)...Pagano overstates his players' abilities so much he has compromised his credibility....I just laugh at Pagano 's hyperboles now...he is a joke.

I dunno, but a guy off the scrap heap like Pendleton plays better than Montori (our next Haloti Ngata according to the exagerating Coach Chuck)...Pagano overstates his players' abilities so much he has compromised his credibility....I just laugh at Pagano 's hyperboles now...he is a joke.

they were playing different positions for the most part

Always build a defense from the inside out. RJF and Redding shouldn't be starters. Redding only because of age and wear and tear on body, RJF no comment. Chapman is still young so i think he'll end up being the starter. 

1. DE - 2014 draft pick, Daquan Jones or Kelcy Quarles 

2. DE - Arthur Jones or Montari Hughes improves

3. ILB - 2014 draft pick 

4. CB - 2014 draft pick 

5. FS - 2014 draft pick 

How are Pagano's hyperboles worse than yours?

We need 2 DE's, 1OLB, 1ILB, 1 CB and 2 safeties. I factored in age when making my assessment. Elite needs are a DE, OLB/ILB and CB. Backups and a few project/develop players for other needs

A football guy! You get it where FEW here do.

These people are ok with some of these total duds. Go figure.

it sounds like it at times. He clearly plays inferior players for no reason

I totally agree, how does Shepard keep starting over Conner, every time Conner comes in the game he seems to make a play.Same goes for Angerer , I rather play Mcnary or Studabaker instead of Angerer.If u want a slow linebacker bring in Brandon Spikes, at least he can tackle.

I totally agree, how does Shepard keep starting over Conner, every time Conner comes in the game he seems to make a play.Same goes for Angerer , I rather play Mcnary or Studabaker instead of Angerer.If u want a slow linebacker bring in Brandon Spikes, at least he can tackle.

I'm guessing it's because Conner played poorly every time he was in the game and was a liability in both pass coverage and against the run.  And because, looking at all 16 games Angerer graded out as the 4th best LB for the Colts and if you look at it on a per game played (because he missed five games) Angerer was the 3rd best LB per game (behind Mathis and Freeman).

I'm guessing it's because Conner played poorly every time he was in the game and was a liability in both pass coverage and against the run. And because, looking at all 16 games Angerer graded out as the 4th best LB for the Colts and if you look at it on a per game played (because he missed five games) Angerer was the 3rd best LB per game (behind Mathis and Freeman).

that is one jacked up grading system

which proves me correct.

Right?

While you're arguments are consistent they lack completeness. That is to say we don't have the full information that Pagano does. As you yourself it would illogical for him to pick players of they're worse than those left on the bench so there must be reasons we are not privy too. Rightly or wrongly I'm sure there is a reason, but as we don't know what it is we're just second guessing here.

I.e without the full information a logical argument can be proved neither valid or invalid. Or ... We can armchair GM all we want but it ain't worth spit :P

1-a run-stopping D lineman--one for now, but need 2-the current group just didn't get it done despite 2 free agents coming in

2-ILB-Freeman is solid at one ILB, but we need the other to be a run-stopper as well

3-OLB-I just don't see Werner being more than servicable, but he is so young i will give him a chance. I see his best years at 6-8 sacks. I think we need more, espcially to replace Mathis as he ages

4-cover safety