Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We have just as many offensive weapons as Denver.

zibby43

As I was sitting here this morning, looking forward to next season, I realized that we have all the offensive weapons we need.

TE: Fleener, Allen

WR: Wayne, Hilton, Brazill, Whalen, Rogers

RB: Brown, Richardson, Ballard

FB: Havili

QB: Luck

What we need is a few nasty guards, a consistent center, one more dynamic pass rusher, a run-stuffing defensive tackle, and a safety that won't get his top blown off at least once per game (like Landry does).

Ideally we need to get this team playing like Denver on offense and like Seattle on defense.  We're close to having the personnel to make the former plausible.  However, the defense remains a mystery to me. 

After two years I'm not sold on having the personnel to run the 3-4 like it's meant to be run.  I'm sick of giving up tons of rushing yards and having LBs on elite athletes in space.  We need to figure out what do with our LBs because they just aren't the best in pass coverage. 

Random thoughts of the day: 

1. Vontae had a really good game against the Pats.

2.  Luck probably had the worst game statistically because of the picks (although I don't think he played as poorly as some others think he did) but Landry gave up TWO huge plays (a missed tackle on a run and falling down on play action because he bit so hard on it).

We shoudnt even have a FB on the roster.

Unless we get serious about having a line that consistently run block, you're probably right.

That said, Havili, when healthy, has been a very nice option in the passing game (minus that crucial drop-turned-pick last night). 

Unless we get serious about having a line that consistently run block, you're probably right.

That said, Havili, when healthy, has been a very nice option in the passing game (minus that crucial drop-turned-pick last night). 

I honestly think a lot of the pass plays for Havili (which weren't that man to start with this year) would have been for Allen had he been healthy.  Once Allen is back I think we'll Havili's role reduced a great deal.

As I was sitting here this morning, looking forward to next season, I realized that we have all the offensive weapons we need.

What we need is a few nasty guards, a consistent center, one more dynamic pass rusher, a run-stuffing defensive tackle, and a safety that won't get his top blown off at least once per game (like Landry does).

Ideally we need to get this team playing like Denver on offense and like Seattle on defense.  We're close to having the personnel to make the former plausible.  However, the defense remains a mystery to me. 

After two years I'm not sold on having the personnel to run the 3-4 like it's meant to be run.  I'm sick of giving up tons of rushing yards and having LBs on elite athletes in space.  We need to figure out what do with our LBs because they just aren't the best in pass coverage. 

2.  Luck probably had the worst game statistically because of the picks (although I don't think he played as poorly as some others think he did) but Landry gave up TWO huge plays (a missed tackle on a run and falling down on play action because he bit so hard on it).

we have brown be gone too much money too free agency lol  . have luck, reggie he getting old , Hilton , allen  ballard . rest just second place and 3rd .

Do I think we will? No

Do I think we should? Yes.

This team needs to be a run-first team.  Look at New England's performance last night.  Does wonders for your offense.  You win postseason games by running the ball, limiting turnovers, and winning the time of possession battle (especially if your defense is vulernable). 

Outside of Fleener and Hilton. All of our WRs came from the practice squad.

Not what you want to see your O comprised of typically.

Wayne, Allen, Fleener, Hilton, and Brazill are not practice squad players. 

And Whalen has emerged as a consistent, reliable receiver.  Rogers is the only other practice squad WR.

C'mon man know your stuff before you throw something out like that. 

This team needs to be a run-first team. Look at New England's performance last night. Does wonders for your offense. You win postseason games by running the ball, limiting turnovers, and winning the time of possession battle (especially if your defense is vulernable).

And Whalen has emerged as a consistent, reliable receiver. Rogers is the only other practice squad WR.

You realize I was talking about the players we ended the year with right? Not the guys on IR who couldn't contribute?

You realize I was talking about the players we ended the year with right? Not the guys on IR who couldn't contribute?

This team needs to be a run-first team.  Look at New England's performance last night.  Does wonders for your offense.  You win postseason games by running the ball, limiting turnovers, and winning the time of possession battle (especially if your defense is vulernable). 

And Whalen has emerged as a consistent, reliable receiver.  Rogers is the only other practice squad WR.

only prove player on wr,s is reggie wayne , rest rookies and second year . Denver has proven players in eric decker, d Thomas . Moreno ,  j Thomas be great te.  .  apples too oranges  colts too Denver .  denver o'line way better then are line.plus manning proven  with exp and maturity in nfl a must too win. sb

Josh Chapman can be that run stuffer.

You realize I was talking about the players that will be on the field for next year, right?

And still, Brazill ended the year on the team and he played last year.  He was drafted.  And not a practice squad player. 

I hope you're right.

Just hope they don't give up on Rogers he was a rookie and didn't even go through our TC. Let him have a full offseason with Luck and Reggie and I think everyone will be pleasntly surprised

I like the optimism. 

You realize I was talking about the players that will be on the field for next year, right?

And still, Brazill ended the year on the team and he played last year. He was drafted. And not a practice squad player.

I already had the practice squad issue with Brazill corrected. Scroll up if you missed it.

And I couldn't give a rip what you were talking about. I didn't quote you. You quoted me.

I was just commented on how decimated our receivers got this year.

I already had the practice squad issue with Brazill corrected. Scroll up if you missed it.

And I couldn't give a rip what you were talking about. I didn't quote you. You quoted me.

I was just commented on how decimated our receivers got this year.

If you don't care what I'm talking about, why waste my time with your reply?  Why is everyone so hostile on this board? 

Brown won't be on the team next year

So who are we going to roll with at RB?  Just Richardson and Ballard?  A guy coming off an ACL reconstruction and a guy that had negative rushing yard totals for the playoffs?

You don't know, for a fact, that Brown won't be back.  Unless I'm talking to Ryan Grigson.  I think Brown will be back because he was the only RB that consistently produced this year after Bradshaw went down. 

If you don't care what I'm talking about, why waste my time with your reply? Why is everyone so hostile on this board?

So who are we going to roll with at RB? Just Richardson and Ballard? A guy coming off an ACL reconstruction and a guy that had negative rushing yard totals for the playoffs?

You don't know, for a fact, that Brown won't be back. Unless I'm talking to Ryan Grigson. I think Brown will be back because he was the only RB that consistently produced this year after Bradshaw went down.

How was I wasting your time? Did I make you quote me?

I commented in a thread about our O. You quoted me. If you don't like what I'm saying ignore me.

Me wasting your time. Funny guy.

ya i am alibing for Landry. We had all those guys up to stop the run and Sheppard got blown out of that hole and gave a Free burst that Laron just couldn`t cover solidly. Sure he flew to grab the guy, a less than Ideal way to drop a 250 lb fast RB.

Sheppard sure improved the last month or so, but he is still just so so. Hopefully no more than our 5th ILB next year.

IMO Andrew went ahead and forced a bunch of longer throws where our receivers had gained no leverage on their man.

I know all QB`s are better with time to throw, I long for the day he quits forcing all these passes and looks around.

Well how about when Chapman goes to rest for 4-500 plays, or can`t go at all?

Yes we need at least one more tough inside player. Franklin was not much.

So we have Montori with a year experience coming back. Has the size and pretty athletic.lol

Pendleton looked decent at 6'2 340. Still need another one with hope for camp & injuries.

Luck was pressured early and often against the Patriots due to a crumbling offensive line. Although the second-year QB was sacked just three times, he was hit a total of 10 times throughout the game.

This same trend continued throughout the duration of the regular season. Even though Luck was only sacked 32 times in 2013, he was hit 107 times—the third most in the league.

Whether it's through the draft or free agency, the offensive line must be on the top of the Colts' to-do list starting now

Sorry.....

But we do NOT have the weapons that Denver does, and it's not close.     We are several bullets short.

Their WR's:   Thomas, Decker, Welker

Their TE:      Thomas (and they have a good 2nd TE)

Their RB's:   Moreno, Ball, Hillman   

Our weapons do NOT equal their weapons.    We need more.   Much more

Sorry.....

But we do NOT have the weapons that Denver does, and it's not close.     We are several bullets short.

Their WR's:   Thomas, Decker, Welker

Their TE:      Thomas (and they have a good 2nd TE)

Their RB's:   Moreno, Ball, Hillman   

Our weapons do NOT equal their weapons.    We need more.   Much more

I concur..WE NEED MUCH MUCH MORE