Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chapman Is A Force

Dark Superman

He was one guy who stood out to me last night. He may not of had sexy numbers but for as big he is the guy is very explosive and has much quicker feet than I anticipated.

He's like a human wrecking ball and is always shoving his defender either backwards,to the side or keeping the push at a stalemate.

He's young and this was his first full year of playing since he missed his entire rookie season.

Keep improving and moving forward big guy.. He may very we'll be our Vince Wilfork of the future..

Yeah I like Chap too. But let's face it, when the QB starts scrambling, he is a liability. Too fat and slow to catch anyone. He needs to lose that big ol' belly and get into better shape or both knees will give out in a couple of years.

Yeah I like Chap too. But let's face it, when the QB starts scrambling, he is a liability. Too fat and slow to catch anyone. He needs to lose that big ol' belly and get into better shape or both knees will give out in a couple of years.

Clearly you didn't see him run down Smith in the KC game. The guy is a superb athlete

He was one guy who stood out to me last night. He may not of had sexy numbers but for as big he is the guy is very explosive and has much quicker feet than I anticipated.

He's like a human wrecking ball and is always shoving his defender either backwards,to the side or keeping the push at a stalemate.

He's young and this was his first full year of playing since he missed his entire rookie season.

Keep improving and moving forward big guy.. He may very we'll be our Vince Wilfork of the future..

I didn't notice him much

we got seriously run over

Chapman played ok at times but he's not creating double teams like NT's suppose to do. I still think we need a new starter at NT. Louis Nix would be great but he probably won't be there. Daniel Mccullers is 6'6 350 lbs could be there in the 3rd round. John Jenkins made a huge difference in the Saints run defense and Mccullers could do the same.

Seriously....give him time. He was a "rookie" this season! He will improve, get even stronger, and work on technique. Stop with the "we need so and so" FA crap. Chapman is developing nicely. He needs pieces around him on the line and some depth though

Chapman played ok at times but he's not creating double teams like NT's suppose to do. I still think we need a new starter at NT. Louis Nix would be great but he probably won't be there. Daniel Mccullers is 6'6 350 lbs could be there in the 3rd round. John Jenkins made a huge difference in the Saints run defense and Mccullers could do the same.

"Chapman played ok at times but he's not creating double teams like NT's suppose to do."

This is a huge myth, No NT will always draw a double team...Not a one...Its up to that NT to beat his man and for the ILB's behind him to be strong enough and use proper technique to get off blocks.....as well as not overpursuit....Because NT's will be blocked one on one alot more then people think no matter who they are...No NT in the game now or ever will always draw a double team......Jenkins made a difference cause he could consistently get off his block, separate and wrap up the ball carrier not because he always drew double teams

I got excited when he got deep and in Brady`s face.

His strength was supposedly off the charts at Bama.
Yes it will be interesting going forward what weight he chooses to play at.
 JMO but it looks like a double team might move him 2 yards but he maintains his shoulders forward extremely well and digs in.

Looks like a stud at doing his job.

Now we need Montori to come on strong in year two.

Vince Wilfork, Ngata consistently create double teams but i didn't say that a NT had to every play. Just not seeing the push from Chapman that i see from some of the top NT's. Good depth guy but i think we need a new NT.

"Chapman played ok at times but he's not creating double teams like NT's suppose to do."

This is a huge myth, No NT will always draw a double team...Not a one...Its up to that NT to beat his man and for the ILB's behind him to be strong enough and use proper technique to get off blocks.....as well as not overpursuit....Because NT's will be blocked one on one alot more then people think no matter who they are...No NT in the game now or ever will always draw a double team......Jenkins made a difference cause he could consistently get off his block, separate and wrap up the ball carrier not because he always drew double teams

17 times we gave up 4+ yards running

The other poster exaggerated, but the run fits were sound. Sloppy tackling was the reason we were giving up an extra 2-3 yards from time to time, but for the most part, we controlled the run game. Could have done better, but it wasn't that bad. They just wore us down, and then broke the big one.

Vince Wilfork, Ngata consistently create double teams but i didn't say that a NT had to every play. Just not seeing the push from Chapman that i see from some of the top NT's. Good depth guy but i think we need a new NT.

So a guy in his first year in the NFL isn't playing like the top players at his position?? MADNESS I tell ya. The guy is a BUM. get rid of him!!!

:facepalm:

There were several times in this game where pressure was applied and I saw #61 in Bradys face

and I thought it was Josh Chapman for some crazy reason, but it ended up being Jeris Pendleton.  I'm wondering if anyone here is giving some of the credit for Pendletons plays to Chapman when it was really Pendleton who

made the play.  I was a bit confused at times during the game!  Pendleton kind of intrigues me, seems he gets very good push on the pocket. Seems to be a pretty active player......

As a side note don't get me wrong, I like Chapman as well.

that‘s the mike‘s job...not his. The man does his duty.

There were several times in this game where pressure was applied and I saw #61 in Bradys face

and I thought it was Josh Chapman for some crazy reason, but it ended up being Jeris Pendleton.  I'm wondering if anyone here is giving some of the credit for Pendletons plays to Chapman when it was really Pendleton who

made the play.  I was a bit confused at times during the game!  Pendleton kind of intrigues me, seems he gets very good push on the pocket. Seems to be a pretty active player......

As a side note don't get me wrong, I like Chapman as well.

I've liked what I've seen so far from Pendleton considering I expected virtually nothing from him when he was signed.  However, what I've noticed is that he's primarily brought in when the Colts go to a 4 man front and Chapman has never been on the field in a 4 man front that I've seen.

So I don't know about other people but I have been able to distinguish between the 2 based on formations they usually play in...and of course they wear different numbers :P lol