Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

STATS PLAYERS OR TEAM PLAYERS

OLD FAN MAN

the colts don't have a team of players who lead in stats, like most of the other playoff teams. what we have is  team players who will give up making a personal stat in order to help the team win. it might mean making a block to get a first down so another player shines, or giving 100% on every play even when it means no stat is counted.imo stats are for the media to talk about. give me team players who just want to win as a team an don't care about personal stats. THOUGHTS

I agree completely.  That's why you see a guy like DHB willing to play special teams and make tackles there and contribute however he can rather than stubbornly saying he is a WR or nothing.  Or a guy like T-Rich who says he cares more about the wins than about padding his own stats.  I think everyone on the team feels that way and I think it's thanks in large part to the culture Pagano, Grigson, and Irsay have grown and maintained here.

I think this is hogwash. We do have 'stat' players. Luck has several records, Mathis was the Sack Leader, TY Hilton, and DBH most drops. We are trying to be too cute too push the 'lovable we' angle.

We don't have 'stat' players because they are not as good as others. We do have a great team ethos, but let's not over think this.

T.Y.........Bit of a self promoter after his td catches, Perhaps I am looking at it wrong but he sure knows his intials well

I'm pretty sure Ty called himself a team player after his 2 catch 24 yard game against the bengals. We've never seen him complain about anything. Just because a guy has a unique TD celebration doesn't mean he's not a team player.

Hey I like him and he is turning into a fine wr...and like I said I may be taking his T.Y. celebration wrong but it seems like self promotion to me

It's just his thing. He's done it since college. Tons of players have signature celebrations. 

Gronk has his spike, Cruz does his salsa dance, Graham does his dunk, TY does his TY thing. Heck, Tavon Austin does the same thing except he does a TA.

Calling him a "me" player because he has a signature endzone dance is a stretch of ridiculous proportions.

I'm pretty sure Ty called himself a team player after his 2 catch 24 yard game against the bengals. We've never seen him complain about anything. Just because a guy has a unique TD celebration doesn't mean he's not a team player.

What Im saying is if that would have been a WR on another team some us would like see that celebration in a different light, It comes with the territory of being for your home team to defend your players on the team whether perception of them is right or wrong, Granted like I said I might see that celebration wrong

T.Y.........Bit of a self promoter after his td catches, Perhaps I am looking at it wrong but he sure knows his intials well

Are you kidding me? A lot of players throught the history of the NFL had their own TD dance. When have you ever heard TY talk about himself? TY is always giving Luck, Reggie and others praise and credit for his success.

Guest TeamLoloJones

What Im saying is if that would have been a WR on another team some us would like see that celebration in a different light, It comes with the territory of being for your home team to defend your players on the team whether perception of them is right or wrong, Granted like I said I might see that celebration wrong

Come on man.  Even Luck has a signature TD celebration.

Come on man.  Even Luck has a signature TD celebration.

Maybe Im just used to the Harrison hand it to the refs and act like ya been there before approach, Its interesting to see fans reactions though when a player from another team celebrates a td sometimes, some get all bent out of shape, I mean when T.Y. gets a TD and does his celebration I dont think it as self promotion in the moment but I could see how it can be seen as that way, If that was someone like TO its seen as self promotion when he celebrated, Now Im not comparing the TO drama to TY just the idea of different ways people can see something as self promoting, Nothing more nothing less, Like I say, I got nothing on TY, I think in the years to come he will continue to develop into a hell of a wr who I will enjoy watching for years to come

Guest TeamLoloJones

Maybe Im just used to the Harrison hand it to the refs and act like ya been there before approach, Its interesting to see fans reactions though when a player from another team celebrates a td sometimes, some get all bent out of shape, I mean when T.Y. gets a TD and does his celebration I dont think it as self promotion in the moment but I could see how it can be seen as that way, If that was someone like TO its seen as self promotion when he celebrated, Now Im not comparing the TO drama to TY just the idea of different ways people can see something as self promoting, Nothing more nothing less, Like I say, I got nothing on TY, I thinkin the years to come he will continue to develop into a hell of a wr who I will enjoy watching for years to come

I get what you're saying, and I would agree with you, if Hilton showed even a spec of diva attitude besides his TD celebration.  But he hasn't.  He seems to be just as big of a team guy as Luck and Wayne.

I get what you're saying, and I would agree with you, if Hilton showed even a spec of diva attitude besides his TD celebration.  But he hasn't.  He seems to be just as big of a team guy as Luck and Wayne.

Probably, I think Im just getting to old for the celebration stuff, know what I mean

Probably, I think Im just getting to old for the celebration stuff, know what I mean

I think you could say this about Garçon. I don't get the same "me" feeling from TY for some reason. The point of it is to get the crowd involved with him (they are all supposed to be doing it in the end zone seats like they did at FIU). The Garçon point to his name on his back is all about him. I love the been there before attitude, but I have to love Luck's spike as well. It's the one time the fans see his true intensity.

I think you could say this about Garçon. I don't get the same "me" feeling from TY for some reason. The point of it is to get the crowd involved with him (they are all supposed to be doing it in the end zone seats like they did at FIU). The Garçon point to his name on his back is all about him. I love the been there before attitude, but I have to love Luck's spike as well. It's the one time the fans see his true intensity.

I love the spike

give me team players who just want to win as a team an don't care about personal stats

If this is true maybe some of the endless what will Da'Rick do, what will Whalen do, or what will T-Rich do posters could take a cue from the Colt players. Maybe that was called for the first week those guys played but seriously every week? 

The way we beat the Pats is that all the receivers make plays when they get the chance, all the backs make a play when they get the chance......that's all the players should care about and that's all the fans should care about.

After the recent study I'm happy to know that our men can at least spell...

That's not actually proof they can spell. It's more like proof that they know some of the letters of the alphabet. If they were out there spelling Eugene after every Hilton touchdown, then we'd have something to talk about.