Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm calling it now. Trent will

tfunky14

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who would believe that this will be Trent's last game as a Colt can not be taken seriously. A lot of you folks have no idea how you sound, bunch of know-it-alls, brilliant! Donald Brown? Anyone? The last thing you expect happens regularly in the NFL, to pretend that you can sum up this kids career as a bust beyond improvement is absurd.

Trent Richardson will have a very good game Saturday. He will come out with a purpose to hammer the Patriots defense.

I see a 80 yard rush game and 2 TDs. (1 a screen pass)

Make note: Brown will chip in 50 yards as well.

I hope he does but after fumbling on Saturday in the playoffs I am guessing his touches are going to be limited.  Coaches know you just can't fumble the ball in the playoffs and you really can't do it the way he did.  High School coaches teach you not to change arms with the ball when you are in traffic.  At this point though I'll believe it when I see it from Trent this year.  I think he'll get better with a full off-season in our system but till then I don't think the light is going to all of the sudden come on after it's been off all year.  It would be awesome if it does though and I am sure not going to complain if it does. 

I hope he does but after fumbling on Saturday in the playoffs I am guessing his touches are going to be limited.  Coaches know you just can't fumble the ball in the playoffs and you really can't do it the way he did.  High School coaches teach you not to change arms with the ball when you are in traffic.  At this point though I'll believe it when I see it from Trent this year.  I think he'll get better with a full off-season in our system but till then I don't think the light is going to all of the sudden come on after it's been off all year.  It would be awesome if it does though and I am sure not going to complain if it does. 

Co-signed

10 carries-29 yards

I will be pleasantly surprised if we ever see anything out of this guy.  Either a) he hasn't been 100% all season or b) he just isn't that good

I think he's okay if he's playing second fiddle to a better than average back.  We'll be alright though.  We have #12.

Realistically Richardson will do nothing, just as he has done all season.

The Browns are still laughing at the trade, maybe a little less loudly since we made it this far and the pick has become late in the 1st.

They knew he was mediocre at best, you dont drop a 3rd overall pick on a guy then trade him a year later for a pick that you know will be at the very earliest the 20th pick, if he is any good.

They had no idea who would be coming out in the draft or free agency, but they went ahead and got rid of their running back. They knew what he was.

He will be here a couple more years as a reminder of what not to trade for, then he may get a chance to be a backup somewhere else, but he will never be more then that.

He has had no flashes or exciting plays, he dances around until he is sure the defensive line is ready to stop him then he moves forward.

Yes the offensive line sucks, but if you know they suck and you know that holes are few and far between then dont spend your time river dancing behind the line, just plow forward and go for it.

I really hope Trent will break out soon, and if he doesn't this game vs. the 29th ranked rush defense, I don't know when he will. But no, I doubt it. I see 8 carries for 30 yds. Maybe a screen which could be good since NE has backup LBs all over the place. On the other hand, I see DB going for 75 on 15 carries and catching 2 for 30.

The Browns are still laughing at the trade, maybe a little less loudly since we made it this far and the pick has become late in the 1st.

They knew he was mediocre at best, you dont drop a 3rd overall pick on a guy then trade him a year later for a pick that you know will be at the very earliest the 20th pick, if he is any good.

They had no idea who would be coming out in the draft or free agency, but they went ahead and got rid of their running back. They knew what he was.

He will be here a couple more years as a reminder of what not to trade for, then he may get a chance to be a backup somewhere else, but he will never be more then that.

He has had no flashes or exciting plays, he dances around until he is sure the defensive line is ready to stop him then he moves forward.

Yes the offensive line sucks, but if you know they suck and you know that holes are few and far between then dont spend your time river dancing behind the line, just plow forward and go for it.

sure

Please don't throw away downs and drives giving the ball to Richardson.  Relying on Richardson has been the biggest problem with this offense in 2013, and it's my biggest fear heading into this game.

There is no tomorrow - Brown can play practically every down like Edge did, like he did last week. 

The whole he needed the off season argument is invalid IMO. He has been on the team long enough. If you can pull receivers off the practice squad and they can contribute then he should also be able to by now.

Its not the playbook, he knows when he is supposed to run and when he is supposed to block or head out for a pass.

The Colts are my team so I would love Richardson to prove me long, but for now I think he is a major bust.

The only way I think Richardson gets any yards in this game is if the patriots have a huge lead and they focus on containing the passing game to keep the colts from coming back. If they leave one linebacker to stop the run, Richardson will dance until the guy gets there.

The whole he needed the off season argument is invalid IMO. He has been on the team long enough. If you can pull receivers off the practice squad and they can contribute then he should also be able to by now.

Its not the playbook, he knows when he is supposed to run and when he is supposed to block or head out for a pass.

The Colts are my team so I would love Richardson to prove me long, but for now I think he is a major bust.

The only way I think Richardson gets any yards in this game is if the patriots have a huge lead and they focus on containing the passing game to keep the colts from coming back. If they leave one linebacker to stop the run, Richardson will dance until the guy gets there.

I'll bet you have been a big Donald Brown fan...since mid season this year.

Anybody who thinks Richardson is good should ask themselves realistically what pick could the colts trade him for if they tried to move him ? I think a 4th would be way too high expectations. I would say maybe a 6th. Maybe.

How do you really feel about Trent?

It would be to our benefit as colts fans for both Trent and Donald to run good. Hoping the guy fails is just flat out stupid and anyone who thinks that way is a waste of good air. And would love nothing more than to throat punch them.

Talk about from one extreme to the other

As fans wanting our players to fail does that to a guy. Enough us enough. I will go vigilante punisher style! ;)

I dont him to fail but holes have been there....but not consistently, Very frustrating, Ladanian Tomlinson broke down some game footage of him earlier in the season on a Monday night game, He brought up there is not just one reason why he has not really worked out to this point

I dont him to fail but holes have been there....but not consistently, Very frustrating, Ladanian Tomlinson broke down some game footage of him earlier in the season on a Monday night game, He brought up there is not just one reason why he has not really worked out to this point

I agree, he needs to get his mojo back big time. No argument there. But wanting him to fail so you can puff your little nerd chest just so you can say told you so really pisses me off. And that was directed at you Gavin. Speaking in general.

I'll bet you have been a big Donald Brown fan...since mid season this year.

So if I think Richardson stinks it up I must love Brown ? The Browns thought Richardson was a bust too, plus they are named the Browns so they must really love Donald Brown ... Aliens.

With no offsets.

Quite simply, Trent Richardson won't be released at any point during his rookie contract. Not unless he goes all Aaron Hernandez or something...

The Colts management are not masochists, they will not keep a runner for 2 more years when he doesn't produce! I firmly believe they will trade him for a very low draft choice, that's if any team would want him! And if they can't get a low draft choice for him, he will be cut, no sense keeping this total bust for 2 more years!

The Colts management are not masochists, they will not keep a runner for 2 more years when he doesn't produce! I firmly believe they will trade him for a very low draft choice, that's if any team would want him! And if they can't get a low draft choice for him, he will be cut, no sense keeping this total bust for 2 more years!

The thing is once they build up the OL in the off season he will most likely be able to produce average numbers.  They will not trade him for a late pick after one partial season, because the chance he does break out next year is more valuable than the draft pick we would be able to get for him.

It would be to our benefit as colts fans for both Trent and Donald to run good. Hoping the guy fails is just flat out stupid and anyone who thinks that way is a waste of good air. And would love nothing more than to throat punch them.

I don't think people want him to do bad, but at this point his ineffectiveness is nauseating.  I think most regular posters know I despise the the Richardson trade .... but, I would love if TR had a break out game and ran for 200+ and 3-4 TDs, because that most likely means we just steam rolled the Pats.  But, I just don't see TR being that player .... ever.

I don't think people want him to do bad, but at this point his ineffectiveness is nauseating. I think most regular posters know I despise the the Richardson trade .... but, I would love if TR had a break out game and ran for 200+ and 3-4 TDs, because that most likely means we just steam rolled the Pats. But, I just don't see TR being that player .... ever.

I know he is struggling. I know you and many on here didn't like the trade. There are some though that just come off as wanting him to fail. I hope for our sake he turns it around. Don't want to waste that 1st on him. I think he's still young enough and early in his career to turn it around.