Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the key is stopping shane vareen...

MaoBerry

Actually fumbles do knock a RB's talent

What good is your talent if you can't do rule #1 of all skill players on offense? Take care of the ball. Talent means nothing if you can't hold onto the ball

Just like Gronk, talented TE. But what good is his talent when he's always hurt?

Listen to your self, you don't sound smart.  So when Peyton Manning was out with a neck injury, he has no talent.  When Adrian Peterson was out that entire season with a torn ACL I guess that automatically made him the worst RB in football.  Gronk when he is healthy is the best TE in football.  Being hurt has nothing to do with having or not having talent, it does have to do with availability but injuries are a part of the game.  And speaking of fumbles, guys like Adrian Peterson, Tiki Barber, Clinton Portis and others have all had fumbling issues even more severe but have recovered, didn't mean they weren't talented but you already knew that.

How do you feel about Richardson's ability to hang on to the ball? Or Luck's ability to not throw picks? Neither were very good just last week.

Trent Richardson has 2 fumbles I do believe as a Colt. How many does Ridley have?

And Andrew Luck cut his interceptions in half (literally) this season. And I'll take 3 picks with a playoff win anyday. You throw 3 picks, you're usually gonna lose. So for us to still win, (in dramatic fashion if I do say so myself) despite the turnovers is something I'll take. Turnovers are nothing more than mental mistakes

Listen to your self, you don't sound smart. So when Peyton Manning was out with a neck injury, he has no talent. When Adrian Peterson was out that entire season with a torn ACL I guess that automatically made him the worst RB in football. Gronk when he is healthy is the best TE in football. Being hurt has nothing to do with having or not having talent, it does have to do with availability but injuries are a part of the game. And speaking of fumbles, guys like Adrian Peterson, Tiki Barber, Clinton Portis and others have all had fumbling issues even more severe but have recovered, didn't mean they weren't talented but you already knew that.

Due to forum rules, it's required you not take personal shots at other posters at anytime.

Anyway, Peyton Manning missed ONE season (the dreadful 2-14 massacre). Gronk misses almost every season seems like. Talent does factor into injuries. Yes, he's a Top 3 TE when healthy. But that's the catch, will he be healthy?

You can't be a threat to defenses when you're playing cheerleader from the sidelines in street clothes. What's Tom Brady gonna say to defenses? "Hey you guy's better not blitz me or my TE in street clothes over there will catch on you when he finally gets healthy"

-____-

Trent Richardson has 2 fumbles I do believe as a Colt. How many does Ridley have?

And Andrew Luck cut his interceptions in half (literally) this season. And I'll take 3 picks with a playoff win anyday. You throw 3 picks, you're usually gonna lose. So for us to still win, (in dramatic fashion if I do say so myself) despite the turnovers is something I'll take. Turnovers are nothing more than mental mistakes

Ridley has not fumbled in a few games so not sure why you are predicting 2 fumbles. And yet your guy who put it on the ground without being touched is more sure handed? Luck has done a nice job all season with the TOs but threw three in the playoffs already. It is what it is but not sure why you are talking TOs when your team had 4 last week that should have cost them the game.

Ridley has not fumbled in a few games so not sure why you are predicting 2 fumbles. And yet your guy who put it on the ground without being touched is more sure handed? Luck has done a nice job all season with the TOs but threw three in the playoffs already. It is what it is but not sure why you are talking TOs when your team had 4 last week that should have cost them the game.

Should've could've would've but didn't

You still didn't answer the question. Trent Richardson has 2 fumbles. How many does Stevan Ridley have?

Oh stop it, you're giving their WR core too much credit

Danny "Made of Glass" Amendola

Aaron Dropson

Julian Edelman the best WR they have so put Vontae Davis on him and we can end all of this with a stacked box

You make it sound simple, but they didn't get to 12-4 by being an easy team to defend.  It's not going to be anywhere that easy, but I'm pretty sure our D isn't going to underestimate their receivers capabilities. 

They are a very good team on both sides of the ball even if their D is missing a few of their key pieces.  We really don't know how healthy Vontae is.  Knowing our D, we'll probably cover Edelman with a LB (or a DE).

You make it sound simple, but they didn't get to 12-4 by being an easy team to defend. It's not going to be anywhere that easy, but I'm pretty sure our D isn't going to underestimate their receivers capabilities.

They are a very good team on both sides of the ball even if their D is missing a few of their key pieces. We really don't know how healthy Vontae is. Knowing our D, we'll probably cover Edelman with a LB (or a DE).

I'm not saying it's simple, but we have faced better WR cores this season than New England's. I think we have the players to match up against them across the board

And yeah look for Manusky to have Freeman covering Edelman out wide haha

You're a patriots fan aren't you?

Ridley will fumble, count on it. Ridley is the 3rd best RB on the roster behind Vereen & Blount. I'm predicting 2 fumbles and a benching from Ridley on Saturday

This would never happen, because if Ridley fumbles once, he will be done for the night and will probably not touch the ball again until training camp, win or lose. There is no leeway for him, barring injuries within the game. Belichick benched him after he fumbled in three straight games (and I believe he's got 4 on the season, or at least has lost 4) when they played the Texans. Since coming back, he's been better about ball security. Not saying it can't happen, of course. It just won't happen twice.  ;)

Ridley isn't really a #3 though as you stated before. He and Blount generally alternate series. They both finished with 700+ yards, so if Blount didn't put up almost 200 in week 17, Ridley would have easily led the team. I hold my breath every time he touches the ball, lol... he runs very hard and has a lot of talent, but obviously needs to fix the fumbling thing long-term. That does happen in the NFL... Kevin Faulk is a perfect example (and Ridley actually called Faulk the week after he was a healthy scratch, probably more for mental advice than football advice). 

This would never happen, because if Ridley fumbles once, he will be done for the night and will probably not touch the ball again until training camp, win or lose. There is no leeway for him, barring injuries within the game. Belichick benched him after he fumbled in three straight games (and I believe he's got 4 on the season, or at least has lost 4) when they played the Texans. Since coming back, he's been better about ball security. Not saying it can't happen, of course. It just won't happen twice. ;)

Ridley isn't really a #3 though as you stated before. He and Blount generally alternate series. They both finished with 700+ yards, so if Blount didn't put up almost 200 in week 17, Ridley would have easily led the team. I hold my breath every time he touches the ball, lol... he runs very hard and has a lot of talent, but obviously needs to fix the fumbling thing long-term. That does happen in the NFL... Kevin Faulk is a perfect example (and Ridley actually called Faulk the week after he was a healthy scratch, probably more for mental advice than football advice).

haha you're right. One fumble and he probably will get benched

I can't say this with absolutely certainty off the top of my head, but would bet that - under Belichick - the Patriots have never lost a game where the opponent had four turnovers. Maybe I'm wrong but no such instances come to mind. 

The Patriots are not the Chiefs. Make mistakes and they will make you pay for it. 

You still didn't answer the question. Trent Richardson has 2 fumbles. How many does Stevan Ridley have?

But your point is about TOs, right? Your team had four in the playoffs just a few days ago. I am not sure why you are talking like the Pats will turn it over when your team just did multiple times in perfect dome conditions.

I can't say this with absolutely certainty off the top of my head, but would bet that - under Belichick - the Patriots have never lost a game where the opponent had four turnovers. Maybe I'm wrong but no such instances come to mind. 

The Patriots are not the Chiefs. Make mistakes and they will make you pay for it. 

That is probably true but also the Pats have four losses by a combined 18 points this season. They rarely ever beat themselves.

But your point is about TOs, right? Your team had four in the playoffs just a few days ago. I am not sure why you are talking like the Pats will turn it over when your team just did multiple times in perfect dome conditions.

My point is how can you bash Trent Richardson when Stevan Ridley gives the ball up like it's a Christmas gift?

My point is how can you bash Trent Richardson when Stevan Ridley gives the ball up like it's a Christmas gift?

You are kidding right? Didn't your GM given up a number one for TR and then benched him? I will take Ridley all day every day over the bust in the making you acquired.

That is probably true but also the Pats have four losses by a combined 18 points this season. They rarely ever beat themselves.

Was thinking about that.

The Patriots haven't had any "stinkers" in 2013... they were in every game.

But the Colts have more blowout wins. The Pats haven't really killed any teams, maybe just Pittsburgh and the Falcons? 

You are kidding right? Didn't your GM given up a number one for TR and then benched him? I will take Ridley all day every day over the bust in the making you acquired.

Last I checked Grigson isn't in charge of benching anybody.

And you're still beating around Ridley's ball troubles. Yes, Richardson was benched. But wasn't Ridley benched as well?

Richardson was benched due to lack of production seeing as how it's his 2nd offense or something like that and came during the middle of the season (not literally middle but you get the point)

But wasn't Ridley benched for fumble issues?

And you're still beating around Ridley's ball troubles. Yes, Richardson was benched. But wasn't Ridley benched as well?

Richardson was benched due to lack of production seeing as how it's his 2nd offense or something like that and came during the middle of the season (not literally middle but you get the point)

But wasn't Ridley benched for fumble issues?

Ridley was benched one game. TR has been backing up Donald Brown for how long? Fumble issues are correctible as Ridley has shown the last few games, a lack of talent is not. Even the Browns knew he was a bust ...

Ridley was benched one game. TR has been backing up Donald Brown for how long? Fumble issues are correctible as Ridley has shown the last few games, a lack of talent is not. Even the Browns knew he was a bust ...

Obviously they aren't fixable cause he has 9 fumbles over 2 seasons with 20 rush TD's

Almost half, when do you think he'll fix them? We're not getting any younger you know :dunno:

And Trent Richardson didn't just run for 950 yards with 11 TD's last season? As a rookie? Yeah, he's definitely a bust. Idk what we were thinking trading for such a bum. Man, I'm about to call Nick Saban and tell him not to let anymore of his RB's enter the NFL draft

Obviously they aren't fixable cause he has 9 fumbles over 2 seasons with 20 rush TD's

Almost half, when do you think he'll fix them? We're not getting any younger you know :dunno:

And Trent Richardson didn't just run for 950 yards with 11 TD's last season? As a rookie? Yeah, he's definitely a bust. Idk what we were thinking trading for such a bum. Man, I'm about to call Nick Saban and tell him not to let anymore of his RB's enter the NFL draft

If you are happy with TR and his 3 yards per carry more power to you. I expect a heavy dose of Brown on Saturday and the Pats to run Blount in the rain as he was a beast in the cold rain just 10 days ago ...

If you are happy with TR and his 3 yards per carry more power to you. I expect a heavy dose of Brown on Saturday and the Pats to run Blount in the rain as he was a beast in the cold rain just 10 days ago ...

I'll take 3 yards per carry with good ball security over Ridley's YPC and fumble issues

I guarantee at LEAST 78% of your fanbase cringe when Ridley touches the ball

I'll take 3 yards per carry with good ball security over Ridley's YPC and fumble issues

I guarantee at LEAST 78% of your fanbase cringe when Ridley touches the ball

You can take it but it got him benched.

And it is a good thing the fanbase does not play in the game. lol.  I am sure there will be some nervous nellies in your base when Luck drops back.

I have full faith and trust in Bill and all his decisions. The Pats will be more than ready for this game.

You can take it but it got him benched.

And it is a good thing the fanbase does not play in the game. lol. I am sure there will be some nervous nellies in your base when Luck drops back.

I have full faith and trust in Bill and all his decisions. The Pats will be more than ready for this game.

Drops back in general or drops back against the Pats defense?

Vince Wilfork is out. And other notable player's are out. Ninkovinch (spellcheck) is probably y'all best pass rusher

And Ty Hilton will be open right off the snap cause Talib isn't covering him. He didn't ice up like Steve Smith told him too. He'll need it Saturday though

Drops back in general or drops back against the Pats defense?

Vince Wilfork is out. And other notable player's are out. Ninkovinch (spellcheck) is probably y'all best pass rusher

And Ty Hilton will be open right off the snap cause Talib isn't covering him. He didn't ice up like Steve Smith told him too. He'll need it Saturday though

You really have not watched much of the Pats this year, have you? I am sure it will all go down just like you said... wow.

You really have not watched much of the Pats this year, have you? I am sure it will all go down just like you said... wow.

Never said it would go the way I said it. But what I'm saying is y'all aren't the powerhouse you use to be with the 2 headed TE or Wes Welker.

It's easier to knock off the Patriots this year than in previous years. That's what I'm saying. Not saying it's easy to beat the Pats especially up in Foxboro but it's easier now than it has been in the past few years

Never said it would go the way I said it. But what I'm saying is y'all aren't the powerhouse you use to be with the 2 headed TE or Wes Welker.

It's easier to knock off the Patriots this year than in previous years. That's what I'm saying. Not saying it's easy to beat the Pats especially up in Foxboro but it's easier now than it has been in the past few years

Yep. Pats are less lethal but more balanced IMO. Better secondary then recent seasons and more unpredictable on O as well. I think the two teams are pretty even and it will come down to who plays the sounder football and converts the big plays.

I agree Ridley has fumble problems. How many touches did Richardson have last week and how many did he fumble?  Nice trade, BTW. Didn't your drunk owner say a monster trade was coming and whole NFL world will come into halt?

What a joke of a franchise!  Soon, Luck will learn that Colts tradition is one and done and will become a regular champion and playoff chump.

I agree Ridley has fumble problems. How many touches did Richardson have last week and how many did he fumble? Nice trade, BTW. Didn't your drunk owner say a monster trade was coming and whole NFL world will come into halt?

What a joke of a franchise! Soon, Luck will learn that Colts tradition is one and done and will become a regular champion and playoff chump.

lmao lmao

Coming from the franchise that hasn't won a super bowl since they lost Adam V

And one & done? Aren't the Colts still in the playoffs after one game? Maybe I lost my mind. Tell me who's the teams left in the AFC if you don't mind there

its only tuesday and its started to get chippy!

All we need now is a Peyton vs Brady thre....

What would this forum be without a little pats vs colts chirping.

BTW Luck and Manning are GOATS and Brady just holds them!

:rock::monkeydance::banana:

Is Saturday here yet?

I thought it was Wednesday? Have you been slipping something extra in the apple juice I share with you guy's? haha

I agree Ridley has fumble problems. How many touches did Richardson have last week and how many did he fumble? Nice trade, BTW. Didn't your drunk owner say a monster trade was coming and whole NFL world will come into halt?

What a joke of a franchise! Soon, Luck will learn that Colts tradition is one and done and will become a regular champion and playoff chump.

Impossible for the Colts to go one and done. The Patriots on the other hand. ..

This will be a step by step process.  There is no such thing as the Key to winning the game is stopping this one "guy".  BB isn't stupid like most other teams.  If Vereen, Blount, and Ridley are grabbing 7 ypc at will, HE WILL NOT PULL A JASON GARRETT AND STOP RUNNING THE BALL.  He will gladly rush 100 yards whole drive and score.  

How I see the game plan for the Colts.  1.  Stop the 1st down running yardage early.  I don't care if it is Vereen, Blount or Ridley stop them, and make them work for every single yard. 2. Put pressure on the Pats offense by not wasting drives.  If you don't get points at least put them in horrid field position ALWAYS.  2. After the Pats become more, one dimensional pressure pressure pressure.  Need an aggressive D to make Brady and his young receivers adapt.  They are talented yes, but they do not have the experience to change on a dime. (imo).  3. Score! no matter what the Pats O does the Indy offense better come to play.  That means every single player as I'm assuming we will be seeing one of the #2 or #3 corners, a safety, and a zoned LB on Hilton all day.  Rogers has to be able to stretch the field and make a play and Fleener has to be able to take advantage of single coverage even though it might be Talib.  2TE sets will work wonders if we can successfully run the ball.

Those screens and short passes seem to be like Kryptonite to the Colts..

Although KC calls a lot of short and screen passes and we did okay (course they didn't have Charles) but there's no doubt that if we play the screens poorly, either by not recognizing them immediately by formation and tendencies or fail to tackle well, it will not go well for our D.

Although KC calls a lot of short and screen passes and we did okay (course they didn't have Charles) but there's no doubt that if we play the screens poorly, either by not recognizing them immediately by formation and tendencies or fail to tackle well, it will not go well for our D.

Thank goodness alandry is back.

How do you feel about Richardson's ability to hang on to the ball? Or Luck's ability to not throw picks? Neither were very good just last week.

I think Richardson's fumble was a result of him trying to do too much in his first NFL playoff game. It's the only fumble he lost all year, so I'll chalk it up to jitters. As far as Luck's picks, he more than made up for his mistakes.

I foresee a much cleaner game by the offense this week.

Its not about what you have been, its about capability.  A healthy Danny Amendola at full strength IS capable of being very explosive.  We've seen it in St. Louis and we've seen it during Patriot's preseason games.  Health has slowed him down.  Thompkins on the other hand has been hurt but is a threat.  He has had at least 3 100 yard 2 touchdown games during a time where he and Edelman were the team's only offense.  The kid got hurt a few weeks ago and hasn't really bounced back since, but you NEVER underestimate one's ability to heal and play well in the post season, especially with a bye and time to rest.  Teams not respecting capability as opposed to production have been burned in the past.   Cannot afford any suprises in the post season. 

I agree, but he hasn't been fully healthy and at full strength since week one and he won't be that way again until next year after he has surgery and gets a long lay off.

The key is stopping Blount if we can hold him to a low ypc average we have a good chance of winning. That will make the Patriots one dimensional and the defense can just pin their ears back and get after Brady. We have to get pressure up the middle because Brady likes to stand in the pocket, when he has to move he makes mistakes. Eventually the pass rush will get to him and the CB's will get a couple of INT's.