Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congrats also to the Chiefs on a great game and season

Jules

I never do this but that was one heckuva game by the Chiefs too even though they lost. At times they did just about everything right.  I would not feel too bad if any Chiefs fans are lurking here. You all will be back next year even stronger after such a strong turnaround this season.

Chiefs, for all their talent, have holes that playoff teams like the Broncos, Chargers and Colts have exposed. Yep, they are good enough to contend for playoff spots in the weak AFC but they won't threaten Broncos or Chargers for the division title next year, not with the AFC West playing the NFC West. The cream rises to the top and the Broncos and Chargers will be the cream of the AFC West next year, IMO.

Chiefs, for all their talent, have holes that playoff teams like the Broncos, Chargers and Colts have exposed. Yep, they are good enough to contend for playoff spots in the weak AFC but they won't threaten Broncos or Chargers for the division title next year, not with the AFC West playing the NFC West. The cream rises to the top and the Broncos and Chargers will be the cream of the AFC West next year, IMO.

True but I also am being nice. :) I feel so happy tonight!

But, Alex Smith DID wow me at times......holy moly...... :woah: I was not even thinking much about him before this game and ugh.....

I agree...it was a good game...very tough game to lose. I was just on the Chiefs boards...can't believe some jackwagons are actually blaming the refs for costing them the game saying it is a conspiracy by the league.  lol  I mean really?? Thats the best you got?? You were up by 28 points.

But to the decent Chiefs fans keep the faith your team had a great turnaround this year.

But, Alex Smith DID wow me at times......holy moly...... :woah: I was not even thinking much about him before this game and ugh.....

Yep, explains why Alex Smith was a good fit for the 49ers but then, he is that "play it safe" guy that won't lose you games but if he has to win games for you with throws on the run or with his legs, I still think Kaepernick's ceiling is higher. Just my personal opinion.

Plus, I also wonder how much of Alex Smith's abilities being shown is on his OC keeping Alex from throwing more. Once they opened it up for him with the Chiefs in the second part of the season, I almost now feel like maybe Harbaugh might have held him back on offense??? Just a thought that occurred to me.

Yep, explains why Alex Smith was a good fit for the 49ers but then, he is that "play it safe" guy that won't lose you games but if he has to win games for you with throws on the run or with his legs, I still think Kaepernick's ceiling is higher. Just my personal opinion.

Plus, I also wonder how much of Alex Smith's abilities being shown is on his OC keeping Alex from throwing more. Once they opened it up for him with the Chiefs in the second part of the season, I almost now feel like maybe Harbaugh might have held him back on offense??? Just a thought that occurred to me.

That's what I was thinking about. People always mention how Alex is a game manager, how he plays "not to lose" instead of to win, etc. But when KC's defense struggled this season, I thought he did extremely well. And tonight, well, he really did impress me, especially with the throws downfield.

I feel the same way. Alex Smith played as well as anyone could possibly play. In a losing performance, he ironically manages to prove any critic who's ever commented on his "Game manager" status wrong...TO ALL CHIEFS FANS- you deserved better than that. I give my team full props for the epic comeback, but the clock management, the coaching and the plethora of injuries were extremely unfortunate. You guys have a very solid team and one that surprised the heck out of me watching this game. You guys are SOLID. You deserve your record despite whatever division you played in. You guys have a lot of depth and anyone who takes the Chiefs lightly next year should do some thinking before they speak...

I was impressed with their game plan, and the toughness and talent on the field for sure, it opened my eyes and I have more respect for the Chiefs now....I am thankful their game plan had them manage the clock in the second half like it was all knotted at zero too, but RB injuries might have dictated that.....but still they kept the time they needed short and sweet for us in the second half......

But, Alex Smith DID wow me at times......holy moly...... :woah: I was not even thinking much about him before this game and ugh.....

His mobility shocked me... maybe I need to go back to watch some games, but I didn't think he was that quick.

I agree...it was a good game...very tough game to lose. I was just on the Chiefs boards...can't believe some jackwagons are actually blaming the refs for costing them the game saying it is a conspiracy by the league.  lol  I mean really?? Thats the best you got?? You were up by 28 points.

But to the decent Chiefs fans keep the faith your team had a great turnaround this year.

Well I have seen some of the same things said on this forum when the Colts have lost a game so that is probably a normal thing for some of the fans to say. They are disappointed but I think considering that they lost 4 of their starters to injuries they played a good game. :)

Well I have seen some of the same things said on this forum when the Colts have lost a game so that is probably a normal thing for some of the fans to say. They are disappointed but I think considering that they lost 4 of their starters to injuries they played a good game. :)

Yeah... so have I but at least this board had a penalty or two to cry about. What in the world were Chief fans looking at. They only had two penalties (encroachment and IG) and both were obvious calls. 

Classy topic, OP. Andy Reid surely had a lot of wrinkles in his game plan that worked very well. Our physicality paid dividends throughout the game however, and contributed to our victory. Poor old Rodney Harrison (he was mad that we won, but couldn't officially say it on camera) stated that the Chiefs' coaches messed up or whatever but when you have backups in there things can happen. Especially when the depth of talent isn't there yet. Y'all played a heckuva game K.C. Hats off to ya.