Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts player tweet...(Bob Sanders)

bap1331

I saw on Twitter one of the Colts players tweeted to bring Bob Sanders back. I think it was Robert Mathis. I checked today and I think they deleted it. Lol. I wouldn't mind. Just to try as a backup. He was the master of interceptions...

1) my guess is that you completely misinterpreted the tweet.

2) he has been out of the league for at least a couple of years and did not have the most sustainable track record when he was playing

3) when he did play, he was never the master of interceptions. That was not his strength.

FWIW, he has not yet officially retired. You'd think he would be by now, but as far as I know he hasn't submitted his papers to the NFL. Since he hasn't tried to latch on to a team since getting cut by SD, I am guessing he just hasn't felt overly compelled to officially retire. But maybe I missed the news.

Bob Sanders is one of the most game-changing players I've ever seen and is one of my all-time favorite Colts. It's painful to think about how unlucky he was.....if it wasn't for injuries,  it'd still be him and 41 back there. 

Miss ya Bob. Hope life is treating you well. 

Unfortunately, I don't think Bob will play another game in the NFL despite having much fewer games played than a regular 32 year old player.  However, I wouldn't mind seeing him back as a coach or scout.  I'm not sure if he has a lot to offer in those areas, but I would love to see him back with the Colts in some way