Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heard on the news that the team signed a LB..anybody know who?

xXBOXADDICTx

Seriously though, thought I heard he's from Maryland?  ANYBODY?

per mike chappell's twitter its lb Darin Drakeford to the PS

Woo Hoo The Colts are now the SB favorites.  I've heard that he runs as fast as Devin Hester, hits like Mike Singletary and understands the game like Brian Urlacher, he also has hands like Reggie Wayne for those INTs.  Hopefully it only takes him a week to get acclimated to the D so he can take position of the very over-rated McNary and send Conner packing.

Woo Hoo The Colts are now the SB favorites.  I've heard that he runs as fast as Devin Hester, hits like Mike Singletary and understands the game like Brian Urlacher, he also has hands like Reggie Wayne for those INTs.  Hopefully it only takes him a week to get acclimated to the D so he can take position of the very over-rated McNary and send Conner packing.

I like your post but I don't think we have seen enough of McNary to say he is over-rated. On downs he plays, he has played exceptionally well.

wow...

guy hears something about Colts on WTHR, asks a question about a Colts signing, ON a Colts message board...

& he gets this...

I like your post but I don't think we have seen enough of McNary to say he is over-rated. On downs he plays, he has played exceptionally well.

I don't think he is either, I would say he has played well (not exceptionally well). just trying to make this thread like others we have seen about practice squad players.

I disagree both on the Post and on his comments on McNary and Connor... Not sure if THAT part was sarcastic but I think your gonna see some excellent play out of Connor these last few weeks + post season. I scratched my head wondering why Pat was starting over him in the first place, and think he could flourish beside freeman. Great Coverage linebacker+tackler

Sounds like the defensive version of Da'Rick Rodgers

Seemed a little over the top with the snarky sarcasm for a guy asking a simple question...

He quoted the xboxaddict, so I just assumed...

No the sarcasm was not directed at the OP.  It was meant as a joke to so many fo the threads about not only Rogers, but Whalen's had a few. McNary had a few.  And then it was also directed at all the posters that expected huge, unrealistic results from a player and are ready to dump that played when they do not meat the huge, unrealistic expectations.  I am truly sorry that you have no sense of humor.  (I'm kidding don't get your buck showalter in a twist).

I disagree both on the Post and on his comments on McNary and Connor... Not sure if THAT part was sarcastic but I think your gonna see some excellent play out of Connor these last few weeks + post season. I scratched my head wondering why Pat was starting over him in the first place, and think he could flourish beside freeman. Great Coverage linebacker+tackler

The part was sarcastic, but Conner is not very good.  He's a liability in coverage and haslimited range in run defense.  But I still don't follow the theory of dumping a player that good provide some adequate play during the season.

No the sarcasm was not directed at the OP.  It was meant as a joke to so many fo the threads about not only Rogers, but Whalen's had a few. McNary had a few.  And then it was also directed at all the posters that expected huge, unrealistic results from a player and are ready to dump that played when they do not meat the huge, unrealistic expectations.  I am truly sorry that you have no sense of humor.  (I'm kidding don't get your buck showalter in a twist).

OOOPS...Gotcha, & I agree that the multiple threads claiming guys like Rogers as the next Calvin Johnson/Dez Bryant etc. got humorous to say the least, & I've gotten plenty snarky with some posters making ridiculous claims prematurely...

Although I do hope any & all Colt players can reach have breakout games & become highly productive playmakers, some of the threads have been a bit premature, and then on the flip side some fans do bail on other players in a heartbeat...

Guess I've just seen some posters get jumped on unnecessarily, but my reading comp. was obviously off on this one, ooops...

It's all good, & I like jokes, so I promise in the future I'll get the joke ;)

OOOPS...Gotcha, & I agree that the multiple threads claiming guys like Rogers as the next Calvin Johnson/Dez Bryant etc. got humorous to say the least, & I've gotten plenty snarky with some posters making ridiculous claims prematurely...

Although I do hope any & all Colt players can reach have breakout games & become highly productive playmakers, some of the threads have been a bit premature, and then on the flip side some fans do bail on other players in a heartbeat...

Guess I've just seen some posters get jumped on unnecessarily, but my reading comp. was obviously off on this one, ooops...

It's all good, & I like jokes, so I promise in the future I'll get the joke ;)

The bolded part I agree and that was the purpose of my sarcasm.  But perhaps my wife is correct... and I am not as funny as I think I am.

100% agreed.

Actually, you misheard, what they said was that he runs as fast as Brian Urlacher, understands the game like Mike Singletary, hits like Reggie Wayne, and has hands like Devin Hester.

Is he supposed to be the next coming of Da'Rick Rogers?

Woo Hoo The Colts are now the SB favorites. I've heard that he runs as fast as Devin Hester, hits like Mike Singletary and understands the game like Brian Urlacher, he also has hands like Reggie Wayne for those INTs. Hopefully it only takes him a week to get acclimated to the D so he can take position of the very over-rated McNary and send Conner packing.

I've heard that also. They also said he has the the heart of Mr. Miyagi and the voice of Frank Sinatra as well. I'm sure he already knows the D and will primarily play OLB, DE, ILB and NT at the same time. He will push the Colts to dominance.

Now I'm sad!!

what ever happened to Mike Hart and Roy Hall?

I know they must be in the hall of fame but does anyone know what their up to in life these days?

From Wiki, for what it's worth, Mike Hart is presently the RB coach at Eastern Michigan U.

Roy Hall signed with the Saints, and the Lions, but didn't make the cut with either.

Presently listed as a WR for the Omaha Nighthawks of the UFL.

Ohhhh I see what you dd there..very clever Mr. Messageboard comedian....   :facepalm: