Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hats off to Davis and Butler

dw49

i've been a bit down on this team lately and I have to say that today our two CB's bounced back in a big way from a recent bad play. Both guys were just outstanding today. Also thought that Werner and McNary are starting to make this LB group look good for 2014.

Vontae is kind of streaky. There was a point earlier in the season I would have nominated him for DPOY. Then he went kinda soft and I started having jacob lacey flashbacks. Today he was back at the DPOY level.

Butler is a decent corner. At times. At times, we'd be better off with just 10 playing defense.

Vontae is kind of streaky. There was a point earlier in the season I would have nominated him for DPOY. Then he went kinda soft and I started having jacob lacey flashbacks. Today he was back at the DPOY level.

Butler is a decent corner. At times. At times, we'd be better off with just 10 playing defense.

Yeah .. it started with Houston and hopefully ended with them also. Stop and goes , a few bad coverages and some perfect throws the previous 5 weeks.

Yeah his last x amount of games worried me a bit.  I almost wonder if he is/was playing hobbled?  He did play great today though and can be a lock down defender when he's on his game. 

Yeah his last x amount of games worried me a bit.  I almost wonder if he is/was playing hobbled?  He did play great today though and can be a lock down defender when he's on his game. 

I honestly think he was playing through that groin injury he left Denver briefly for.

I'd say butler is the best in the secondary >.> he sometimes gets outmatched but at the same time he has a nose for the ball. Davis has been burnt more than butler...but overall great defensive combo hopefully toler comes back and solidifies our def

like uno, i challenge. Show me the numbers that davis gets beat more than butler. Account for the more snaps davis plays.