Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 benched; Cousins to start.

Dustin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I saw this coming. However IMO Shanahan should have benched him a year earlier in the PO, to avoid a more serious injury, that still has negative effect on RG III's performance. I believe his situation was mistreated, and they've focused on possible short-term benefits instead of long-term interests of RG and the franchise. And reportedly RG was rushing back from injury to avoid loosing hist starting job. 

Yea this is really mind boggling really. RGIII hype over officially?? Well no doubt that it reaffirms to me why Luck was a better choice, he's got more intangibles than RG does for sure and it's been pretty obvious to me since before they both even took their first official snaps in the NFL.

Tough place for the 'skins fans to be for sure.

Somehow I saw this coming. However IMO Shanahan should have benched him a year earlier in the PO, to avoid a more serious injury, that still has negative effect on RG III's performance. I believe his situation was mistreated, and they've focused on possible short-term benefits instead of long-term interests of RG and the franchise. And reportedly RG was rushing back from injury to avoid loosing hist starting job. 

I'm with you 100%.  I was in disbelief watching him play in that game. I don't think RG3, Kap or Luck are going to live up to the lofty expectations put upon them over the coarse of their careers.

I am anxious to see Cousins to be honest. If he plays well then he could be looking at a trade to a team in desperate need of a QB. Hello Houston.

Skins should have leveraged this last year when more teams where looking for QB's.  There are a lot of QB's in the draft that could potentially be starters.

I don't see Houston trading for Cousins.

However I am excited to see what he can do.  If he looks like a potential starter it's another feather in the cap for the 2012 QB class who can now add Nick Foles into the mix.  

I am anxious to see Cousins to be honest. If he plays well then he could be looking at a trade to a team in desperate need of a QB. Hello Houston.

Hell no. Houston will draft QB. If he gets traded (and thats a big if considering his miniscule contract has no bearing on Washington's cap), it would be to a team that needs a QB but is out of the running for the top guys. Jacksonville, Oakland, Arizona, Cleveland, and maybe Pittsburgh if they move on from Big Ben. One of those teams will sign Cutler, one would love to trade for a shot at Cousins or RG3 if Cousins shows something.

I'm with you 100%.  I was in disbelief watching him play in that game. I don't think RG3, Kap or Luck are going to live up to the lofty expectations put upon them over the coarse of their careers.

I think Luck will be all-NFL ....he's just a rare guy

Kap is still a work in  progress.....I haven't seen enough to know//

But Luck and Wilson...you can see they do things that cant be adjusted to

Hell no. Houston will draft QB. If he gets traded (and thats a big if considering his miniscule contract has no bearing on Washington's cap), it would be to a team that needs a QB but is out of the running for the top guys. Jacksonville, Oakland, Arizona, Cleveland, and maybe Pittsburgh if they move on from Big Ben. One of those teams will sign Cutler, one would love to trade for a shot at Cousins or RG3 if Cousins shows something.

Probably but if Cousins shows he has the goods then trade a 2 for him like they did for Schaub and use the overall #1 on another player or trade down and get a boat load of picks.

Yea this is really mind boggling really. RGIII hype over officially?? Well no doubt that it reaffirms to me why Luck was a better choice, he's got more intangibles than RG does for sure and it's been pretty obvious to me since before they both even took their first official snaps in the NFL.

Tough place for the 'skins fans to be for sure.

Lucks having a similar year statistically, they are not that far apart

Guest TeamLoloJones

Luck has 7 more TDs, 4 less INTS, and 6 less fumbles.

Get your stats out of here....since when are facts part of the forum experience?

If you would sit your injured starters after you clinch everything

...then you probably should sit an injured starter once you are mathematically eliminated.

Its only a big deal because its Robert and he's a bit of a diva

Agreed, except for the diva part.

I'm all for the Luck is better side of the argument, but I don't really see RGIII as a diva by his own doing.

I see that as more a product of the circus that is the media & the Redskins.

Same would have happened if RGIII was a Jet.

I don't disregard RGIII, is disdain the pedestal placed under him consistently.

It often puts him in a bad light.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm all for the Luck is better side of the argument, but I don't really see RGIII as a diva by his own doing.

I blame Skip Bayless...

RG3 is having a bad year. Luck is having a so so year. Stats are a funny thing but there is no denying that nothing hurts more than an INT. You can't recover an INT and they almost always cost points.

I would somewhat agree with you, but he's to blame for falling into temptation.  He's the one that did subway commercials before he'd even taken a snap of NFL football.  

What do you expect when you build a team around a spread offense QB.  Spread offense QB's are fundamentally flawed to play in the NFL due to risk of injury and not being able to have the passing skills to run a traditional drop back pass system.

Shanahan is benching RG3 in some ways out of spite.  To spite RG3 who he wished the Redskins never drafted and to spite Snyder who is RG3's guy.  Shanahan didn't want to give up draft picks to select RG3.  He wanted to use the draft to rebuild but Snyder over ruled him.

Right but what I mean is for a QB whos been asked to throw a lot more for the first time in his career instead of using his legs 1.6 times less per game average his stats are similar from a pure QB standpoint

If you would sit your injured starters after you clinch everything

...then you probably should sit an injured starter once you are mathematically eliminated.

Its only a big deal because its Robert and he's a bit of a diva

So let me make sure I have this right. He's healthy enough to start game one. After starting 13 games , he's now deemed to be "hurt " after sustaining no new injuries. The reports I heard was they want to AVOID any injuries that will interfere with the offseason stuff.

Lot different than what you have now posted twice.