Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos at Pats SNF game thread (mega merge)

Jules

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will say Brady definately outplayed Peyton. While the running was working...it wasn't allowing Peyton to get into a rythem throwing the ball like Tom was able to do. Sometimes you can run the ball too much...I know it sounded stupid but when you get in 3rd and 5 and more after a coupe short runs and throwing into the wind...it just didn't allow Peyton to get comfortable. It was an exciting game that was for sure. Good win for the Pats...makes next sunday for the Broncos really important...especially with all the injuries they suffered.

It was like neither team wanted to win the game. First the Pats didn't show up in the first half then the Broncos in the second. Finally in OT when neither could move the ball the Broncos decided to give them the gift that keeps giving. I hope the SB isn't played this poorly.

Nah. The Super Bowl will be in near blizzard conditions... and will insure they never have another outside it a cold weather climate.

The guy has the worst luck. We've seen it time and time again for the Colts. He's a great player, but something about him makes the defense worse around him. Maybe the Broncos should have signed and played Tim Tebow for the 3rd-4th Q's, then their defense would have magically performed.

That defensive secondary was a shell of its former shelf....the front 4 played really really good....but when you lose your 1 corner and starting safeties they had no answer after that. In OT the defense played great...and on another drive in the fourth..so they just played a terrible 3rd quarter and that was helped by a couple terrible turnovers and short fields....they really played ok...I'd give them a B overall....afterall they caused those turnovers in the first half. I just think Denver should have let Peyton open it up when he was with the wind....in the second and third quarter....the run was working but it wasn't going to put points on the board...and Peyton had no rythem.

I will say Brady definately outplayed Peyton. While the running was working...it wasn't allowing Peyton to get into a rythem throwing the ball like Tom was able to do. Sometimes you can run the ball too much...I know it sounded stupid but when you get in 3rd and 5 and more after a coupe short runs and throwing into the wind...it just didn't allow Peyton to get comfortable. It was an exciting game that was for sure. Good win for the Pats...makes next sunday for the Broncos really important...especially with all the injuries they suffered.

The key is how the Chiefs will recover with injuries to Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. If one of them misses the Broncos game, Broncos will stand a good chance, IMO.

Patriots are just that hard to beat at home, period. Reminded me actually of the Eli Manning Alex Smith NFCCG where no one really got in FG position in OT till a special teams turnover forced by the Giants (or coughed up by the 49ers, just like Denver did) gave the game winning FG.

The key is how the Chiefs will recover with injuries to Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. If one of them misses the Broncos game, Broncos will stand a good chance, IMO.

Patriots are just that hard to beat at home, period. Reminded me actually of the Eli Manning Alex Smith NFCCG where no one really got in FG position in OT till a special teams turnover forced by the Giants (or coughed up by the 49ers, just like Denver did) gave the game winning FG.

You kinda had the feeling that a turnover of some sorts was going to win it either late in the game or OT.

You kinda had the feeling that a turnover of some sorts was going to win it either late in the game or OT.

Got to feel bad for Peyton though. I can't imagine a Colts team with Freeney and Mathis would have let a 24-0 lead evaporate at Foxboro, no way. That was one thing that the Dungy built team did well, hold a lead.

Did the Broncos force a turnover in the 2nd half and OT? I might have missed it if it happened.

I have a bad feeling NE is going to be the first seed now.

Long season. Ravens on the road will be their next biggest test and if the Ravens are hungry and in contention for a playoff spot, they are mighty hard to beat at home and are the type of team that can give the Pats fits, IMO.

Besides, losing late in the season for a few bumps on the road has been a good thing for SB champs most of the time. Rarely, do you see teams that have won their last 8 or 9 games going into the playoffs win the SB.

So, this makes Peyton 0-5 in games where starting temp. is less than 34, is that what that crazy stat is? Like he is 0-5 in last 5 playoff games where he has given his team a 4th qtr. lead?

Denver certainly had their chances to win the game in the first half, but left too many points on the board.

Brady did outplay Peyton tonight. Mostly in part because Peyton and Moreno had a Dilfer/McGahee relationship that was working so well. Not well enough it seems since every time another RB got the ball they screwed it up.

Denver seriously needs to find a #2 back who can, if nothing else, just hold on to the frickin' football. NE needs a #1 back who can do it.

Great game overall, both teams need to work on those turnovers. For Denver the solution is if it's not Moreno running, don't run it. At some point they need to figure out that Montee can't hold on to the Ball. The rookie what's his face (Anderson?) needs to go back to obscurity. After the drop and fumble he shouldn't see the light of day in a big game again.

True to typical Peyton led team form, they found a stupid head scratching way to lose in the end. Some how, some way. Of course it will be all Peyton's fault even though at worst he was a non factor either way. Looked average/just handed the ball off and threw short ones as expected.

Both teams will probably meet in the AFC title game. Of course I wouldn't put it past the Broncos (or zebras, or both) to screw it up in the divisional round again assuming they get a bye.

Unbelievable game!! Still don't believe Pats came back and won it after playing a terrible first quarter. This is not only the game of the season but maybe game of this rivalry.

There will never be a rivalry like this again, I just don't see one looming. Rodgers and Brees do not meet enough times consistently because they can't win their divisions consistently every year. That is why I feel that this is a unique rivalry that has to be enjoyed when it happens.

There will never be a rivalry like this again, I just don't see one looming. Rodgers and Brees do not meet enough times consistently because they can't win their divisions consistently every year. That is why I feel that this is a unique rivalry that has to be enjoyed when it happens.

Yes. Best rivalry I have ever witnessed in 35 years of watching the NFL. Just love the way Brady and Manning command their teams and fight to the end. And both are just great sportsmen and spokesmen for the league.

What a stat line from Brady. Not only did he significantly outplay Manning, Endelman outplayed Welker (who saw that coming?) to the tune of 9 catches, 110 yards, and two TDs. Welker had 4 catches for 31 and no TDs.

Brady's arm strength is underrated.......He threw well in that 3rd Q when the wind was in his face...

Gotta give Tom Brady credit...

They played Monday night....and were down 24-0........

......Brady brought them back....you've got to give him credit

I still don't believe it.

Brady has always been that guy. Best competitor I have ever seen. Don't know what he said at halftime but he had that whole team believing they could still win.

How about Bill's call to defer in OT? Has the ever happened? What guts to make that call.

Sadly there just aren't a whole lot of great QB's, and the very good young ones with potential won't meet all that often.

Even so, I can't imagine seeing Luck or, say, Wilson in the same league as PM, TB, Rodgers or even Brees. It's possible, but a hell of a long way to go. I think at best they'll be around RIvers/Romo's level. Of all the current young QB's I can confidently say Luck has the best shot, but it's a long one.