Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Soooo... how do we keep our #2 seed?

bap1331

Yep, we hold the tie breakers over NE at this juncture, so we just have to match their record down the stretch. Most importantly, they need to beat Cincinatti and Houston to keep those tiebreaker leads.

I didnt know we hold the tiebraker? havent we lost more games vs AFC oponents? or im lost?

I didnt know we hold the tiebraker? havent we lost more games vs AFC oponents? or im lost?

No. Indianapolis is 5-2 in the AFC, New England is 4-2. Indy has that tiebreaker by better win % at this time.

If both teams win out, that would be even, and the next tiebreaker would be record against common opponents. Both teams currently have 1 loss in that one, but still have games left to play. For Indy that would be Houston and Cincy.

If both teams win out in that regard, it would also be tied, and the next tie breaker is strength of victory. Colts win that one flat out regardless of remaining outcome.

tl; dr: Colts control their own destiny for the 2 seed.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Maybe keeping the seed will motivate us to make sure we win the rest of our games. Or at the same time, wild card would be better? Wild card has won every super bowl for the past 5 years. What do we do?!

Just win baby!

Maybe keeping the seed will motivate us to make sure we win the rest of our games. Or at the same time, wild card would be better? Wild card has won every super bowl for the past 5 years. What do we do?!

Teams playing WC weekend have won the last 3 SBs.  The Saints and Steelers had byes for the two SBs before. 

To answer your question, we just keep winning.  Besides, some folks believe we have a bye anyway since we play Jax in week 17.

Because fan focus is irrelevant to team focus, and playoff scenarios are a more interesting discussion than the Cardinals right now.

I guess Lolly and I are not normal fans.  In fact some say my name is Abby....Abby Normal.  :)

I always look at the next game because you are one loss closer to 'not' making the playoffs when you lose.  I picked Arizona on Sunday due to the crowd and how Arians has that team believing they can win every week.  Colts fans, agree or not, you KNOW I am rooting on the Colts as always!!!

Just like all division games seem to be tight games....you have to be ready every week.  St Louis proved that one....

:colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

I guess Lolly and I are not normal fans.  In fact some say my name is Abby....Abby Normal.   :)

I always look at the next game because you are one loss closer to 'not' making the playoffs when you lose.  I picked Arizona on Sunday due to the crowd and how Arians has that team believing they can win every week.  Colts fans, agree or not, you KNOW I am rooting on the Colts as always!!!

Just like all division games seem to be tight games....you have to be ready every week.  St Louis proved that one....

:colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

I'm with Brent. 

We all saw how looking past an opponent can get us in trouble. St. Louis game was or game to lose because we were focused on the Titans. I don't want us to be focused on playoffs already and start looking past teams. 

I'm with Brent. 

We all saw how looking past an opponent can get us in trouble. St. Louis game was or game to lose because we were focused on the Titans. I don't want us to be focused on playoffs already and start looking past teams. 

LIKE!  Just ran out....will come ack later :)

Jacksonville proved it to the Titans....you make mistakes in the NFL...you can love any game.  Arizona has won 6 games....I cannot wait until Sunday!!!