Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Erik Walden suspended 1 game for headbutt on Delanie Walker

Coltswarriors

I would differ.

Head butting a guy with no helmet is much worse than punching someone's knee..when you consider knee vs. head

Completely disagree.  Head butting the way Walden did was not going to cause much in the way of an injury.  What Vickerson did could have caused significant damage, possibly causing a season ending injury.  Which many on this board would probably be happy about.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only outraged because the D seemed to be losing composure, and the drive was a penalty driven march down the field.  It's the type of play/action that in a critical spot will lose you a game. So the less it surfaces, the better.

Yeah, he poured fuel on the fire. I didn't like either of the previous calls against our defense. I don't think Mathis hit Fitzpatrick in the head, even though I understand why it was called (the rulebook encourages refs to err on the side of caution when it comes to roughing/unnecessary roughness). The call on Vaughn was bogus. But Walden's penalty came after all that, making everything worse.

I would differ.

Head butting a guy with no helmet is much worse than punching someone's knee..when you consider knee vs. head

How much game time did Walker miss for the tap to the face he got, and how much game time did Satele miss due to the forearm to the knee?

I'll answer that for you, one missed no time at all...the other did.  Guess which one?  Wasn't the head which you feel was worse.

Completely disagree.  Head butting the way Walden did was not going to cause much in the way of an injury.  What Vickerson did could have caused significant damage, possibly causing a season ending injury.  Which many on this board would probably be happy about.

again..you cant compare sitruations..no 2 situtaions are the same

Head butting someone when you are helmeted and they aren't is obscene from a pro sports standpoint

How much game time did Walker miss for the tap to the face he got, and how much game time did Satele miss due to the forearm to the knee?

I'll answer that for you, one missed no time at all...the other did.  Guess which one?  Wasn't the head which you feel was worse.

You cant compare two incidents of misbehavior..the NFL doesnt

..Hitting anybody in the head with a weapon is extreme

again..you cant compare sitruations..no 2 situtaions are the same

Head butting someone when you are helmeted and they aren't is obscene from a pro sports standpoint

Disagree again, there is nothing wrong with comparing these two situations they are both on the field actions by players. Both actions are uncalled for and unsportsmanlike.  But the NFL is arbitrary in the way they dole out punishment.

Walker was coming at walden snack talking the he time. Walden gave him more of a get outta my face boy tap. To even humor that that was a head butt is hilarious.

Love all the holier than thou posts. Glad so many colts fans are such saints and all high and mighty.

Oh, it was just a "get outta my face boy tap", how could I have confused that with a headbutt? Thanks for the clarification, buddy.

Oh, it was just a "get outta my face boy tap", how could I have confused that with a headbutt? Thanks for the clarification, buddy.

Yeah, I think if he would of literally head butted him in the face the dude would have flown back and been bleeding. Buddy....

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 19, 2013 - name calling
Hidden by Nadine, November 19, 2013 - name calling

You people trying to defend Walden are *.  Walden even said he was in the wrong and called the act selfish.  It was a dick move!  Whenever you take a guy's helmet off then headbutt him afterwards, you are the Dick of the Game.  Period.  Walden should have been ejected.  But he wasn't, so the suspension is fair.  I would not be surprised if it got reduced to just a fine though considering that Walden has a pretty clean track record.  We'll see.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 19, 2013 - name calling
Hidden by Nadine, November 19, 2013 - name calling

You people trying to defend Walden are *. Walden even said he was in the wrong and called the act selfish. It was a dick move! Whenever you take a guy's helmet off then headbutt him afterwards, you are the Dick of the Game. Period. Walden should have been ejected. But he wasn't, so the suspension is fair. I would not be surprised if it got reduced to just a fine though considering that Walden has a pretty clean track record. We'll see.

Nobody was defending walden, *. Maybe the ones calling him a thug and going over the top over saying cut him and spewing their venom at him cause he lost his cool are the *. Well them and you for calling people *.

His head flew back too. I got it on DVR. Walden may have held back a lot too (it appears), but this don't lie-

WaldenHit_zpsa54fc82b.jpg

I'm just saying. Dude isnt a thug, dirty player or any of that crap fans on here are trying to say. They were talking smack and getting under our guys skin. Walden lost his cool and now cost himself a game. Worse things have happened.

i'm really getting frustrated by some media (josh wilson of stampede blue) and some colts fans overreacting and calling for his release..

stupid move? yes.. a vicious attempt some (wilson) describing it to be? no..

the way it's described seems like he ripped walker's helmet of in order to hit him in the head..

if you saw the tape, you can see there are 3 divided actions;

1.ripping a helmet after the play (walden stops and stands still - the jawing starts)

2.walker walking towards walden and getting in his face

3.headbutt.

should he have done that? no.. but don't try to make it something it wasn't and don't be overrighteous..

If you think about it, it is more severe a punishment than If he had been ejected (by 2 quarters).

I agree. And the refs blew it.  That was the punishment (only) that should have happened.  And Walden isn't a thug, nor should he be cut.  He will grow from it.  Maybe he gets off on appeal, as ejection was the correct action and it wasn't taken.  but if he has to serve 1 game, so be it. We'll see.

Walden is an * so he deserves his suspension.  You just do not headbutt someone like that.

The guy could not keep his cool because someone was talking smack to him.  Hopefully he can learn from this and not hurt the team again like this.  he needs to learn and keep his cool while people run their mouth.  You think Reggie does not hear worse or that Peyton did not hear worse?  Just keep your cool and just point to the scoreboard.

Walden is an * so he deserves his suspension. You just do not headbutt someone like that.

The guy could not keep his cool because someone was talking smack to him. Hopefully he can learn from this and not hurt the team again like this. he needs to learn and keep his cool while people run their mouth. You think Reggie does not hear worse or that Peyton did not hear worse? Just keep your cool and just point to the scoreboard.

If he would have pointed to the scoreboard. It would have shown us losing.

If he would have pointed to the scoreboard. It would have shown us losing.

Then he should have just smiled and told the guy just wait.  I do not think he should be cut because that is just insane, but his reaction to some trash talking shows lack of maturity and hopefully this one game suspension and loss of money will wake him up.

Then he should have just smiled and told the guy just wait. I do not think he should be cut because that is just insane, but his reaction to some trash talking shows lack of maturity and hopefully this one game suspension and loss of money will wake him up.

Not really though. He doesn't have a history of this. And he lost his cool for a moment while playing a team that is notoriously dirty. Wasn't smart, but it wasn't that over the top. He was certainly under control the rest of the game, and took accountability for his actions after the game was over.

Heck even Andre Johnson lost his cool against the Titans, and he is not someone who "lacks maturity." Just a bad decision made in the heat of anger.

Anyone on this board who says that's never happened to them is a liar.

Not really though. He doesn't have a history of this. And he lost his cool for a moment while playing a team that is notoriously dirty. Wasn't smart, but it wasn't that over the top. He was certainly under control the rest of the game, and took accountability for his actions after the game was over.

Heck even Andre Johnson lost his cool against the Titans, and he is not someone who "lacks maturity." Just a bad decision made in the heat of anger.

Anyone on this board who says that's never happened to them is a liar.

It has happened to me in football, baseball, basketball, wrestling, and on the Colts forum......'it' happens!!!  I did say 'it.'  :)

It has happened to me in football, baseball, basketball, wrestling, and on the Colts forum......'it' happens!!! I did say 'it.' :)

Not only does it happen but I took my helmet off and swung it by the face mask into a guys face! Lol, guess I'm an *, thug, should be cut from life. Lol. I wonder if some of these people have ever played sports in their lives.

Not only does it happen but I took my helmet off and swung it by the face mask into a guys face! Lol, guess I'm an *, thug, should be cut from life. Lol. I wonder if some of these people have ever played sports in their lives.

I understand New Era.....I am not allowed to say how thug-esque I was.  Basketball was just as bad as football.....and as a catcher in baseball I initiated the contact in home plate collisions so I did not get hurt and called brushback pitches in every game (inning :)) :)  I initiated contact when I ran over the catcher too....

I am so glad to be sooooo nice now......

8logmGx.gif

I understand New Era.....I am not allowed to say how thug-esque I was. Basketball was just as bad as football.....and as a catcher in baseball I initiated the contact in home plate collisions so I did not get hurt and called brushback pitches in every game (inning :)) :) I initiated contact when I ran over the catcher too....

I am so glad to be sooooo nice now......

8logmGx.gif

Heh, I can't believe half the crap I did when I was younger looking back now. Have come a looooong ways ;) was to short to play basketball 5'8. But I played football and ran track. My FB coach tried to get me to wrestle every year but never did. Looking back I wish I did. I grew up in martial arts and boxing and would have loved to get into MMA

Heh, I can't believe half the crap I did when I was younger looking back now. Have come a looooong ways ;) was to short to play basketball 5'8. But I played football and ran track. My FB coach tried to get me to wrestle every year but never did. Looking back I wish I did. I grew up in martial arts and boxing and would have loved to get into MMA

HA HA...my Pops (92 in December) won the boxing and wrestling championship in his division in WWII.  He was MMA before MMA...he taught me all he knew.  I did not wrestle in HS either, but beat the number 1 and 2 wrestlers on the team...I kind of felt good about that....

I better get....

:topic:  Sorry guys and gals....

i'm really getting frustrated by some media (josh wilson of stampede blue) and some colts fans overreacting and calling for his release..

stupid move? yes.. a vicious attempt some (wilson) describing it to be? no..

the way it's described seems like he ripped walker's helmet of in order to hit him in the head..

if you saw the tape, you can see there are 3 divided actions;

1.ripping a helmet after the play (walden stops and stands still - the jawing starts)

2.walker walking towards walden and getting in his face

3.headbutt.

should he have done that? no.. but don't try to make it something it wasn't and don't be overrighteous..

media is trying to blow it up so people will keep clicking those stupid links...ignore it, turn it off, they just weren't getting enough attention with the incognito story

Here he is....

funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing.gif

He does look ready to roll....but I think he was just trying to break it up....I would have to find more footage :)

I think he pulled Walden off, would like to see the longer footage too..just cracks me up all that going on and he is wandering off, then he sees it! LOL

I think he pulled Walden off, would like to see the longer footage too..just cracks me up all that going on and he is wandering off, then he sees it! LOL

HA HA!....almost a "Say What?" moment....so funny to see that reaction....I was watching the altercation more than the reaction....

Say what?

are-you-serious-o.gif

HA HA...my Pops (92 in December) won the boxing and wrestling championship in his division in WWII. He was MMA before MMA...he taught me all he knew. I did not wrestle in HS either, but beat the number 1 and 2 wrestlers on the team...I kind of felt good about that....

I better get....

:topic: Sorry guys and gals....

That's awesome! Yeah my pops was in Vietnam. He actually played football for the navy. Dude was a badass!

But back on topic. Sure he probably deserved a suspension. But other people have done the same or worse and didn't get suspended so whatever. He lost his cool, paid for it now time to move on.

That's awesome! Yeah my pops was in Vietnam. He actually played football for the navy. Dude was a badbutt!

But back on topic. Sure he probably deserved a suspension. But other people have done the same or worse and didn't get suspended so whatever. He lost his cool, paid for it now time to move on.

Yep....learn from it and set the edge the following week!!

Interesting.....still hope if there was a connect by Walker.....his hand is feeling the bite of the Darth Vader Football helmet...especially since he is not suspended too.  100 GFB...Is that you? :)

leather-football-helmet-facemask.jpg

Nope not me!  I wore short sleeves so I could get the feel of dirt on my arms!