Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Incognito Sexually Harrassed a Female Volunteer at the Dolphins' Annual Golf Tournament

OffensivelyPC

Yet another turn of events in the story. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9944012/police-report-filed-richie-incognito-alleged-molestation-2012-no-charges

Summary italicized so you can know the difference between the story and my words.

He was acting inappropriate towards her, took a golf club and rubbed it against her * and stomach.  He'd lean up against her butt and dance saying "Let it Rain!  Let it Rain!" and then dumped a bottled water in her face.  When he refused to apologize, she told police.

She hasn't discussed the story with anyone because she signed a confidentiality agreement.

I am going to go ahead and make the assumption, though I cannot confirm it, that after police got involved, she got paid a settlement to keep quiet.  Otherwise there wouldn't be any confidentiality agreement. 

Also, this happened last year, BEFORE he was elected to his leadership role.  Not really sure what Miami considers a leader, but it looks to me like the Dolphins have anything but a leader on their team.  Philbin has been one of those coaches that keeps his distance, it seems.  And I heard Mike Golic say it best, something to the effect that "if you don't have a leader on your team, who do you pick?  The biggest, loudest guy.  That's the Dolphins."

(Note for the mods: Didn't see this story up anywhere, but if it is, please merge)

Gee....what a surprise.

Ireland - Fire him.

Philbin - Fire him.

Incognito's team mates/defenders who knew of this - shove TV mike's in their faces for the next month so they can defend him.

Incognito - out of the NFL for good.

Jonathan Martin - demand a release and or trade out of that pig trough.

Owner Steven Ross - lawyer up and get the checkbook ready dude.

Maybe the volunteer should have punched Incognito in the face, just like Ireland (allegedly) suggested to Martin's agent. 

I don't think anyone in this whole story is completely clean/honest... I think Martin's got some dirt on his own hands too. But one thing's pretty clear to me, and that's that Richie Incognito is not a good human being. I understand his teammates and former teammates are basically trying to exonerate him, but everything we know about him indicates that he has no ability to judge right from wrong. 

Maybe the volunteer should have punched Incognito in the face, just like Ireland (allegedly) suggested to Martin's agent. 

I don't think anyone in this whole story is completely clean/honest... I think Martin's got some dirt on his own hands too. But one thing's pretty clear to me, and that's that Richie Incognito is not a good human being. I understand his teammates and former teammates are basically trying to exonerate him, but everything we know about him indicates that he has no ability to judge right from wrong. 

Yeah, that much I can 100% agree with. 

Disgusting.   I have to wonder now,  how MANY more stories will emerge about this person, now that his true identity has been exposed.

Gramz, quite likely, a lot.  The TMZ's of the world are big money in these days of social media.  They get paid well, and Pay people huge sums to get at the cloaked stories.  The harassed female couldn't talk, but nothing can stop TMZ and their ilk from digging in and paying folks not under constraints to talk - to fess up and give up the secrets.  The the trail gets hotter and hotter.  And this locker room culture/it was in fun is bogus argument.  It is not the context of intent of an action or conversation, it is all about the way it was received.   If it looks bad, but all parties says it was just jocularity; then that is one thing.  But if the targeted party says it hurt and belittled them, physically and/or emotionally, then it is ever bit as bad as it looks. No matter how many teammates will try to cover for you.

At some point, there could be people who currently are firmly behind Richie today have some things about them begin to be uncovered.  At that point, their support will be replaced with defense mechanisms concerning their own future.

Don't think for a moment the league doesn't know how this is affecting the the female fan base, one they have been aggressively targeting in recent years.  I find it telling we have heard very few comments on this from our fairer gender, and what has been opined is short and harsh toward the Incident, the player in questions antics, and discordant with the culture in large and the pinning of blame on the 'victim' - the {supposedly} 'weaker' guy.

Richie Incognito's resume is filled with nastiness, and growing.  Martin has almost no blemishes, that I know of.  In whom do you place your confidence and benefit of the doubt?  I'm sure TMZ and like  are hunting around and paying people for all kinds of stories.  If there's a fire somewhere, they'll throw gas on it. LOL

Anybody willing to blame the volunteer in this incident? No one? I wonder how the Dolphins players are going to defend these allegations.

somewhere along the lines of she was promiscuous and threaten to yell rape if he didnt pay her

somewhere along the lines of she was promiscuous and threaten to yell rape if he didnt pay her

Well, the promiscuous thing I get.  We weren't there, so we don't know anything about what transpired except what's in teh police report.  So to be fair to Richie (and it pains me to do it), its' very possible that the woman wasn't feeling sexually harrassed until he dumped a bottle of water on her face.  It's possible, but all we have to go off of is the police report.  And the way that it reads, it sounds like sexual harrassment at this point in time.  Unfortunately, there's a confidentiality agreement in place, so no one may be able to speak of it except the other Dolphins players or witnesses that were there.  And it seems clear to me that the Dolphins have Richie's back.

Martin is ready to really open Pandora's box. He hired high profile attorney David Cornwell.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-11-07/sports/sfl-jonathan-martin-hired-successful-sports-lawyer-to-represent-him-20131107_1_jonathan-martin-nflpa-demaurice-smith

http://www.gordonrees.com/lawyers/lawyerBiography.cfm?attyID=dcornwell

The ante has been raised and there is no turning back for either side now.  And it seems to be the tip of the iceberg and will get very ugly from here on out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1842090-statement-from-jonathan-martins-lawyer-is-just-first-glimpse-into-pandoras-box

This (Incognito antics) is serious stuff in Florida-

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9932264/florida-law-provide-big-payday-jonathan-martin-sue-miami-dolphins-richie-incognito

Martin could win 17 million dollars in Florida court.  Wow!

It's becoming more and more obvious by the day why the Dolphins have played such poor football after a fast start and with all their talent.  Really grinds my gears that the Colts lost to them.

Tannehill was most sacked QB before losing both Martin and Incognito.  What are they going to do now?  I think Tampa Bay Bucs take them.  One of the few times Tampa has a legit shot at a win, IMO.

And this is being brought up because?  This happened last year and was settled.  How does this pertains to what's going on now?  Yup good 'ol society.  This incident is a year old but now we care about it because of what is going on.  Not defending Incognito, but I guess his past already makes him guilty.

And of course it just happened to be Incognito who was gathering her affection. I don't think that excuse would fly very far either.

And this is being brought up because?  This happened last year and was settled.  How does this pertains to what's going on now?  Yup good 'ol society.  This incident is a year old but now we care about it because of what is going on.  Not defending Incognito, but I guess his past already makes him guilty.

Someone's past can demonstrate a pattern of behavior.  

And of course it just happened to be Incognito who was gathering her affection. I don't think that excuse would fly very far either.

you'd be surprised what you can twist in law. I took one law class and I felt dirty with all the stuff that can get twisted. course it also helps when you have tons of money

Yet another turn of events in the story. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9944012/police-report-filed-richie-incognito-alleged-molestation-2012-no-charges

Summary italicized so you can know the difference between the story and my words.

He was acting inappropriate towards her, took a golf club and rubbed it against her * and stomach.  He'd lean up against her butt and dance saying "Let it Rain!  Let it Rain!" and then dumped a bottled water in her face.  When he refused to apologize, she told police.

She hasn't discussed the story with anyone because she signed a confidentiality agreement.

I am going to go ahead and make the assumption, though I cannot confirm it, that after police got involved, she got paid a settlement to keep quiet.  Otherwise there wouldn't be any confidentiality agreement. 

Also, this happened last year, BEFORE he was elected to his leadership role.  Not really sure what Miami considers a leader, but it looks to me like the Dolphins have anything but a leader on their team.  Philbin has been one of those coaches that keeps his distance, it seems.  And I heard Mike Golic say it best, something to the effect that "if you don't have a leader on your team, who do you pick?  The biggest, loudest guy.  That's the Dolphins."

(Note for the mods: Didn't see this story up anywhere, but if it is, please merge)

Unless Incognito was doing this to Martin 

" He'd lean up against her butt and dance saying "Let it Rain!  Let it Rain!" and then dumped a bottled water in her face. "

This year old  story is irrelevant IMO unless your saying the Dolphins coaches probably should have known Incognito was a bad person DUH was'nt his time with the Rams proof enough of his bad character ? Coaches had security posted near him at home games he was not well thought of then & he still is'nt  .

But there should not be anyone surprised by a player who has up to this point going back to college been enabled by all those around him to be the way he is .

The Dolphins own this its there baby  .

The Moral of the story is they should have gotten a confidentiality agreement with Martin before he pulled his run away bride routine . :cheer2: