Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts: New emerging power?

danlhart87

I would say so. I could only imagine how tough the Colts would be if 100% healthy.........................................yikes..........

You could say that for any team though.  Imagine the Broncos if they had both starting tackles.  Imagine the Seahawks if all of their OL were healthy.  It hasn't really slowed him down, but Jimmy Graham is injured too.

I like how they say we are a "new emerging power". LOL

Just because the media has not paid the Colts much attention until now; we are a New emerging power? These kinds of statements seem to be made to validate the media not the team, as if they (the media) have the final say in who is a good team. 

For once; I wish someone would call it like it really is, and say that the Colts are better than we all thought they would be. 

Maybe my thought process is a little ticky-tacky; however, I have noticed this trend for about 10 years or so with the media. Back in the day, they used to just call it like it is. Maybe I am just getting old too. :)

I like how they say we are a "new emerging power". LOL

Just because the media has not paid the Colts much attention until now; we are a New emerging power? These kinds of statements seem to be made to validate the media not the team, as if they (the media) have the final say in who is a good team.

For once; I wish someone would call it like it really is, and say that the Colts are better than we all thought they would be.

Maybe my thought process is a little ticky-tacky; however, I have noticed this trend for about 10 years or so with the media. Back in the day, they used to just call it like it is. Maybe I am just getting old too. :)

Stop thinking with your head and think with your wallet when analyzing these things. Everything will become much easier to understand.

Unless you are pulling someone from someone elses roster in his place, this seems an over estimation.

If Curtis Painter was our starting QB then I cannot see a game we would have won this year.

That said; we might have won 3 games with Roethlisberger. 

Luck is not carrying this team like Peyton had too, but he is making a huge impact on the win and loss column.

You could say that for any team though. Imagine the Broncos if they had both starting tackles. Imagine the Seahawks if all of their OL were healthy. It hasn't really slowed him down, but Jimmy Graham is injured too.

haha yeah or possibly Greenbay, that being said I do think the Colts are an up and coming powerhouse. They are an incredible team for being so young, inexperienced and with all the injuries on the offensive side of the ball. The injuries though however may tend to make other people step up and play better which in the long run may make them a better team. All philosophical I know right, but this team isn't going away anytime soon :).

The old Colts were compltely built around Manning. That's the reason for his 1 and only SB. I have no doubt with this new group we can win a couple even more in the future!

So, if Luck only wins 1 ring, what will you say then danlhart87? Every NFL GM puts weapons around the QB & attempts to provide him with a solid offensive line. I don't really grasp your point there to be honest with you. 

Is this a back handed shot at Peyton? Yes, INDY's future is indeed bright & we have moved beyond 18, but please don't dismiss his contributions to this franchise thank you. If I misinterpreted what you said, I apologize. Please feel free to expand & elaborate on your position. 

So, if Luck only wins 1 ring, what will you say then danlhart87? Every NFL GM puts weapons around the QB & attempts to provide him with a solid offensive line. I don't really grasp your point there to be honest with you.

Is this a back handed shot at Peyton? Yes, INDY's future is indeed bright & we have moved beyond 18, but please don't dismiss his contributions to this franchise thank you. If I misinterpreted what you said, I apologize. Please feel free to expand & elaborate on your position.

Hes infatuated with the current regime and roster, and rarely admits any flaw in the talent level. He drinks the koolaid off of his speed blue shaded glasses.

Colts have the best future because of 1 person!

Andrew Luck

Plain and Simple folks

We are elite with him

You could make the exact same argument about Peyton Manning in 2005, 2006, & 2009. Yes, I will grant you that GM Ryan Grigson has selected bulk & athleticism as opposed to skinny speed offensive weapons as opposed to what Bill Polian liked to do. I will concede that point completely. 

Hes infatuated with the current regime and roster, and rarely admits any flaw in the talent level. He drinks the koolaid off of his speed blue shaded glasses.

I admit this team has bigger holes than WR.

You seem to think WR is the only problem this team has.

ILB and OG are far greater needs especially coming 2014

Colts rarely helped Manning. The effort to improve the D (Toler Davis Landry Redding) and OL (Cherilus Thomas) will all pay dividends. I know Peyton did great but the poor guy got no help. Luck has help.

We'll have Thomas back and a year under thortons belt. Might be looking good at the g spot.

Guard is fine for now once some guys clear IR. Center is another tale. Angerer is fine at ILB, and Freeman is a boss.

WR is a glaring, gaping wound that has been bandaged by a guy who is incapable of seperation. Theres a difference between not seeing problems at all, and recognizing complete derth of talent beyond a gem in the rough.

You could make the exact same argument about Peyton Manning in 2005, 2006, & 2009. Yes, I will grant you that GM Ryan Grigson has selected bulk & athleticism as opposed to skinny speed offensive weapons as opposed to what Bill Polian liked to do. I will concede that point completely.

Have you finally stopped referring to yourself in the third person? Because it is really grating. Athletes do it and its annoying; for a poster on a fan forum to do it....yeesh

That said, cmgww appreciates your input and comments on here, lol

Guard is fine for now once some guys clear IR. Center is another tale. Angerer is fine at ILB, and Freeman is a boss.

WR is a glaring, gaping wound that has been bandaged by a guy who is incapable of seperation. Theres a difference between not seeing problems at all, and recognizing complete derth of talent beyond a gem in the rough.

I want Alex Mack.

Have you finally stopped referring to yourself in the third person? Because it is really grating. Athletes do it and its annoying; for a poster on a fan forum to do it....yeesh

That said, cmgww appreciates your input and comments on here, lol

It depends whether or not I am in sarcastic overdrive or not. You don't have to like it or even enjoy it for that matter. It's like a zit on a person's face: You see it & you have 2 options: Ignore it or pop it & go about your daily business. I just do things that entertain me & I don't really care what other people think. Thank you for the complement in 3rd person though cmgww. SW1 gets a kick out of that.  haha

Colts rarely helped Manning. The effort to improve the D (Toler Davis Landry Redding) and OL (Cherilus Thomas) will all pay dividends. I know Peyton did great but the poor guy got no help. Luck has help.

True danlhart87. So just for clarification purposes, your issue is more with then GM Bill Polian & his son than Peyton Manning himself. On offense, Bill always gave 18 weapons, but I will admit that on defense Bill sometimes fell short in giving Manning the stout intimidators beyond DE's  to get him the ball. No argument there. Thanks for the additional feedback.  ;)

It depends whether or not I am in sarcastic overdrive or not. You don't have to like it or even enjoy it for that matter. It's like a zit on a person's face: You see it & you have 2 options: Ignore it or pop it & go about your daily business. I just do things that entertain me & I don't really care what other people think. Thank you for the complement in 3rd person though cmgww. SW1 gets a kick out of that. haha

Dude that's gross :D

"New Emerging Power"...That headline made me chuckle...Genghis Khan...The Ottoman Empire...The Roman Empire...The Indianapolis Colts...Just pillage, plunder, & conquer...A new dynasty is born? Not quite there yet..

In all three phases....Offense, defense, and special teams brother!  I think you know where the old LB stand on Special Teams! (This past week was awful however :))

With the Pacers, Colts, & IU my heart is going to take a heavy hit this year............ Good stuff though.

Stay positive buddy.....the more we are part of the 7th man in basketball (Sith men play :)) and 12th man in football, we will root until the cows come home.  I have the barn....but ain't got no cows."  Go Colts, Pacers, and IU!!!  :)