Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collie released

GoColts8818

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the colts will pick him up but he has played with Luck and guys in this offense all be it another system might be worth a sniff since the Pats released him today.

I love Austin Collie, but he's been released from the receiver starved Niners and Patriots. I don't think he's fully ready to be back on a squad yet. That's my take.

I love Austin Collie, but he's been released from the receiver starved Niners and Patriots. I don't think he's fully ready to be back on a squad yet. That's my take.

right I don't think he's the answer either but might be worth a try out. Frankly he's probably as good as anyone else on the free agent market at this point.

I love Austin Collie, but he's been released from the receiver starved Niners and Patriots. I don't think he's fully ready to be back on a squad yet. That's my take.

Imo there is no team as receiver starved than we are right now. .. We have a track star, huge play maker with inconsistent hands, and a bunch of tbd (to be determined).. I say we give him a shot or elevate Rodgers

Imo there is no team as receiver starved than we are right now. .. We have a track star, huge play maker with inconsistent hands, and a bunch of tbd (to be determined).. I say we give him a shot or elevate Rodgers

I would be for this.  Collie at least does seem to have consistent hands and we could probably get him for the NFL min.  

I love Austin Collie, but he's been released from the receiver starved Niners and Patriots. I don't think he's fully ready to be back on a squad yet. That's my take.

The Pats are no longer receiver starved. They hardly used him, and when they did, he made plays.

I firmly understand the Colts turning the page and not looking back, but I was just saying the other day that Collie coming back would make more sense than pretty much any available free agent receiver. We could definitely use veteran depth, but he can't play special teams. Probably not a lot of offensive reps for him, because you don't want to take time away from Brazill and Whalen for a stand-in vet who isn't in your long term plans. I'm a HUGE Austin Collie fan, and would applaud the decision to bring him back if it's made, but I doubt we do this, for several reasons.

I like Collie and would like him to be with the Colts but I am now conflicted because I wouldn't like them to release Whalen to make room for him. 

Release David Reed instead and put Vaughn back to returning kicks.  Reed had a decent game last time out...but.....not a fan.  

Why not a waiver pick up....or a tryout...as TK says he looked good against the Saints.

That would work although I do not like talking about people losing their jobs.

That's what sucks about the NFL.  But you can only have 53 people on your roster and you have to constantly shuffle the borderline players around.

Reed hasn't really done that much for us.  He's not really lined up much at WR and he's not shown himself to be exceptional at returning kicks either.  

Not sure what part of Peyton Manning making Collie what he was is being missed. Collie sucks. If he didn't he wouldn't keep getting cut.

"He's dead Jim!"

I can only say that he has always run superb routes, and I will have to disagree that he sucks BC. 

We all know he is not what he once was, but we are very thin.  Can we do it by committee?  Only if everyone shows up and has their A-Game.  For one night....it was not even close to an A Game by committee.

I can only say that he has always run superb routes, and I will have to disagree that he sucks BC. 

We all know he is not what he once was, but we are very thin.  Can we do it by committee?  Only if everyone shows up and has their A-Game.  For one night....it was not even close to an A Game by committee.

We already have a slot who runs superb routes.

We already have a slot who runs superb routes.

I agree with that one....:)

we need some help some way somehow....I am not totally against TY outside.....inside....all over the place.

Pep needs to be creative with our playmakers for sure in Reggie's absence. (Blocking would help too)  :)

I agree with that one.... :)

we need some help some way somehow....I am not totally against TY outside.....inside....all over the place.

Pep needs to be creative with our playmakers for sure in Reggie's absence. (Blocking would help too)   :)

Collie would bring nothing to us. Not sure how this notion even passes the initial impression filter.

So he wins the Saints game for them & they release him? If he doesn't make that 4th down catch, Pats lose. Man, NFL is a cold business :sigh:

Meh, I remember reading about a company that laid of a bunch of employees just before the holidays last year...that's cold.

yes, bring him back and bench DHB.  After he gets another concussion, we can release him but not before.  I think he will get hurt again because what are the chances of it based on where he catches most balls?  probably 98 percent.  But he can be an asset maybe, it will cost us a little money and knowing if he gets injured it could hurt the pocket book a tad (irsay can't fly in Rob Lowe for two games).  Let's do this thing!!!!!!

Collie would bring nothing to us. Not sure how this notion even passes the initial impression filter.

Maybe a cocktail would help my brain today????  I may not be on my game :)

On second thought, why don't we coach up Brazill and Whalen and get them COLTS READY?   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!