Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathon Martin Incident-Who Deserves the Blame?

PrincetonTiger

The Blame Game  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be blamed?

• Richie Incognito and Friends
    • Joe Philbin
    • Management
    • Jonathan Martin

What exactly happened?

An OT for the Dolphins was being hazed by teammates. There was an incident in the team cafeteria that was the last straw where he was invited to sit with thoae teammates, then as soon as he sat down, they all immediatly stood up and moved.

The guy threw his tray and immediatly left the facility and went to a treatment facility of some kind near where his parents live.

An OT for the Dolphins was being hazed by teammates. There was an incident in the team cafeteria that was the last straw where he was invited to sit with thoae teammates, then as soon as he sat down, they all immediatly stood up and moved.

The guy threw his tray and immediatly left the facility and went to a treatment facility of some kind near where his parents live.

"they all immediatly stood up and moved."

Where did you hear or read that, According to Rich Eisen and company its not really clear what happened beyond things or something was said to Martin and he walked out

"they all immediatly stood up and moved."

Where did you hear or read that, According to Rich Eisen and company its not really clear what happened beyond things or something was said to Martin and he walked out

It has been on several sites and ESPN reported today that several things have happened over the last 2 years including the incident about the Vegas trip.

It has been on several sites and ESPN reported today that several things have happened over the last 2 years including the incident about the Vegas trip.

Its work place hazing, plain and simple. If the league actually cared about being an example to young people, they would suspend the parties involved pending community service.

Its work place hazing, plain and simple. If the league actually cared about being an example to young people, they would suspend the parties involved pending community service.

He is a grown man that needs thicker skin or another line of employment. If he thinks this is bad, he would never make it in the military

He is a grown man that needs thicker skin or another line of employment. If he thinks this is bad, he would never make it in the military

The one article I read earlier said that he had been moving positions which added extra pressure to the young man... and the hazing may have been occurring since he was drafted.

Or we could stop blaming the victim and not make the strawman argument of what would fly in the military, when he is not in the military. You would expect proffessional entertainers to be proffessional towards coworkers and not be complete dicks.

The attitude that everyone just needs to deal with workplace and schoolyard bullies rather than blame the people being big enough jerks to force a man to walk out of a high paying job is ridiculous and the reason why we needed to pass laws making this type of thing illegal.

Or we could stop blaming the victim and not make the strawman argument of what would fly in the military, when he is not in the military. You would expect proffessional entertainers to be proffessional towards coworkers and not be complete dicks.

The attitude that everyone just needs to deal with workplace and schoolyard bullies rather than blame the people being big enough jerks to force a man to walk out of a high paying job is ridiculous and the reason why we needed to pass laws making this type of thing illegal.

Locker rooms are not a good place for those with thin skin.

And from what I've heard there hasn't been any physical bullying.

Have you ever been in a locker room in your life?

Im not the one comparing mafia style shakedowns like what is being reported is happening in Miami to military training. If youre implying thats the norm and just what is to be expected in both situations, I feel sorry for you and the things youve had to adjust to.

Have you ever been in a locker room in your life?

I spent many of season in locker rooms for various sports and bullying is bullying. Being in a locker room does not alleviate the fact these guys are scum.

Honestly, not surprised that people want to blame the victim given the nethanderthal thinking that sports create.

The blame goes on the bullies and ultimately management for fostering an environment that tolerates it.

Where is the option to blame everybody? Blame the poop holes that are bullying, blame the organization for fostering that environment and blame the rookies for allowing themselves to be victims. Blame everybody

They all play a part....that's for sure.

In this day and age....I wouldn't be surprised to see a situation like this settled with someone getting blown out of their shoes.

Then the league, the union, the media and everyone else will act appalled.

I spent many of season in locker rooms for various sports and bullying is bullying. Being in a locker room does not alleviate the fact these guys are scum.

Honestly, not surprised that people want to blame the victim given the nethanderthal thinking that sports create.

The blame goes on the bullies and ultimately management for fostering an environment that tolerates it.

Here is the bottom line. He is a grown man. If you don't like the situation, change it. He will now be shunned in any locker room he enters I hope he got his degree

Where is the option to blame everybody? Blame the poop holes that are bullying, blame the organization for fostering that environment and blame the rookies for allowing themselves to be victims. Blame everybody

I agree, while I in no way shape or form condone any kind of bullying from children or adults, Martin should have been a man and stood up to these guys. Yeah, he may have got his butt whooped, but at least they would know he wasn't going to take it. It's not like he's in prison and scared of being shanked in the shower, there's only so much they could do if he didn't give into their demands. They would have more respect for him if he stood his ground and defended himself. Incognito needs to grow the he// up too. There's absolutely no sense in millionaire's expecting others to pick up their tabs. Management and the coaching staff deserve blame also so really everybody in that locker room deserves blame. They should all be embarrassed for letting it get to this point.

I don't know Martin, but I would bet that someone who has made it to the NFL has always been "top of the food chain" in the locker room at levels prior to the NFL, and that he has probably done his share of hazing along the way.  He did not know how to handle it when he was no longer in that position.

He needed to man up and stand up for himself. Now, he not only looks soft to his team mates, but opponents as well.

I don't think anyone is blaming Martin or doesn't believe Incognito is a scumbag....but how the hell did Martin spend years in locker rooms and not know how how to deal with the situation? Unfortunately for Martin this is probably going to damage his career.

I don't think anyone is blaming Martin or doesn't believe Incognito is a scumbag....but how the hell did Martin spend years in locker rooms and not know how how to deal with the situation? Unfortunately for Martin this is probably going to damage his career.

Both parents are Harvard lawyers....and he went to Harvard-Westlake Prep in SoCal and then of course, Stanford.

The only hazing you'd probably get in those locker rooms would be if you only got a B in Calculus.

Both parents are Harvard lawyers....and he went to Harvard-Westlake Prep in SoCal and then of course, Stanford.

The only hazing you'd probably get in those locker rooms would be if you only got a B in Calculus.

Yeah, that probably explains it.