Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How are the Texans going to defend us?

Coltsfanman1953

Why are you assuming someone has to get doubled ???

This. There is no reciever on the Colts roster consistent enough for a double team.

Unless they fear Hilton going off on them again, it will likely be single coverage and stacked boxes that dare the recievers to make a play.

That's not Wade Phillips M.O not even a little bit

It will be this week....They'll game plan us

...our best player is Andrew ..we're a conservative team so they'll sit back until its 3rd and long..

They'll spy Andrew becauser he likes to pick up key first downs with scrambles..

they dont want to attack and give us an opening..losing Reggie is impact-ful to say the least

Low scoring game

Wrong, we're a bit questionable at RB..despite my man Donald Brown

You take no chances..be conservative defensive and don't dare Andrew to beat you..

,,.,..Without Reggie and Bradshaw and D. Allen...we're not going to be that hard to defend going forward

Did you miss the part about Wade Phillips?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Which receiver will have a big game in order for us to win?

TRich out of the backfield and Fleener, with Cushing out the middle of the field should be open.

look as long as JJ Watt is healthy, that defense is always a threat. Watt has been part of the big reason why the Texans defense has been so good these last couple of years. the way our pass protection breaks down sometimes could cause for some sacks by Watt. plus that kid Keenum he can play very well, i expect this to be a really close game, possibly going down to the final seconds. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Brian Cushing was out last year. Yes it hurts their defense, but they have shown they can manage without him

But with Cushing out, that is without question the weak point of their defense.  They have a great D-line and two good outside corners.  We will need to take advantage of the middle.

But with Cushing out, that is without question the weak point of their defense. They have a great D-line and two good outside corners. We will need to take advantage of the middle.

After their defensive line, their whole defense is a weak point. None of their CB's (except maybe Joseph) can run with our WR's. Sure Ed Reed is back there, but we can still take a few deep shots now that our 1st three WR's are burners

look as long as JJ Watt is healthy, that defense is always a threat. Watt has been part of the big reason why the Texans defense has been so good these last couple of years. the way our pass protection breaks down sometimes could cause for some sacks by Watt. plus that kid Keenum he can play very well, i expect this to be a really close game, possibly going down to the final seconds.

We took JJ Watt out of the game last year in round 2 @LOS. We can do it again this year. Especially now that Cherilus is guarding him

After their defensive line, their whole defense is a weak point. None of their CB's (except maybe Joseph) can run with our WR's. Sure Ed Reed is back there, but we can still take a few deep shots now that our 1st three WR's are burners

Looks old man Reed is still trying to adjust/get healthy.  14 tackles no ints, 0 passes defended, nothing else.  Plus he gets to play Luck who is better, with a lesser defense than last year.  He also said that look Luck is really good at disguising his plays as well (something to that extent anyway)

I do believe in true Phillips fashion he will blitz often, I just see alot of screens, check downs and short passing and let our wrs get yac

Wrong, we're a bit questionable at RB..despite my man Donald Brown

You take no chances..be conservative defensive and don't dare Andrew to beat you..

,,.,..Without Reggie and Bradshaw and D. Allen...we're not going to be that hard to defend going forward

Questionable at rb besides your man Brown? Laugh out loud!

Btw, I'm surprised you haven't had a stroke yet with all the worrying you do. The week leading up to Denver was comical.

Who gets double teamed? I thinkd TY get Doubled and that Fleener will show up big time.

Why would they double anyone , they gonna go single high or zero coverage and come after our below average oline , getting watt one on one coverage which he will most likey dominate , leading to a lot of pressure on luck , this is gonna be a def game colts win 20-13

Brian Cushing was out last year. Yes it hurts their defense, but they have shown they can manage without him

The Texans haven't shown they can do much of anything so far this yr.. The Texans have been a fraud for yrs. now. They have a couple good players and everybody else is average to below average. In all honesty, the Colts should absolutely pound the Texans into submission, but in the NFL ya just never know. Any given Sunday, ya know!

My money is on heavy pressure to get in Lucks face. Dial up screens / passes out of the backfield and draw run plays. This will not be a pretty game and this will be an opportunity for TR to show us that he wasn't a mistake. (I don't think he was but many here do. Discussed at nauseum.)

The Texans haven't shown they can do much of anything so far this yr.. The Texans have been a fraud for yrs. now. They have a couple good players and everybody else is average to below average. In all honesty, the Colts should absolutely pound the Texans into submission, but in the NFL ya just never know. Any given Sunday, ya know!

I was trying to be nice about it but since you put it so harshly I give up lol