Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From us to you: thank you

21isSuperman

Coming into this week, our forums were really busy.  We had several new members registering each day.  Many new threads were being made each day with people voicing their opinions on the upcoming matchup, and that's awesome.  That's the entire point of the forums: voice your opinion and discuss things with others.  However, there were multiple occasions where we had some issues.  Name-calling, personal shots, Denver/Peyton fans getting into arguments with Colts fans, people questioning each other's fanhood, etc.  Thus, as you all know, the mod team took a few precautions to help things run smoothly this week with as few issues as possible.

The week was an emotional one, with Peyton's return and all the noise that went along with it.  Irsay made his comments that rubbed some people the wrong way, Skip Bayless and the media added to the fire by trying to make Irsay seem like he hates Peyton, Polian coming in and taking his shots, all sorts of ridiculous claims.  Overall, it was an eventful week, both in the media and on the forums.

Going into gameday, there was a lot going on.  Everyone was excited about the game.  As the mods noted, we were being a little bit stricter this week and knew we had to pay extra careful attention Sunday night.  Regardless of how the game went, there would be some people who would be upset.  Gamedays are usually emotional times anyway (one good play and you think the game is yours, one bad play and you think all is lost), but that was amplified this week.  So we all did our best to ensure that the forums operated smoothly.  On that note, thanks are in order.  

Last night, our forums were very busy (the gameday forum went to 46 pages!) and we had tons of people on here, which again is awesome!  But everyone acted in such a way that the mods barely had to do anything.  Issues were handled in a mature, responsible, and constructive fashion; discussions were productive; and things like trolling and baiting were minimal.  So from all of the mods to all of you, regardless of who you cheer for, thank you!  The Colts winning certainly helped keep the turmoil to a minimum, but a lot of credit goes out to you folks as well.  

To all of our veteran members who follow the rules, keep on coming to the forums.  The discussions we have here are awesome and I always learn new things.  To all of our newer members, welcome to the boards.  We hope you enjoy our forums and all that goes on within them.  Regardless of who you cheer for, we welcome you to our online community and hope you will stay here with us.  And once again, to everyone who came out last night, followed the rules, acted maturely, and enjoyed a great game, thank you!  All the best for the rest of the football season.

This forum is awesome, I will admit that I have broken a rule or two occasionally and have taken my lumps the best I could.  Every Mod has been nothing but fair to me, and the overwhelming majority of the posters are great people.  I come here every day, usually don't always comment, but thanks everybody for making this the best forum I've ever been on.  GO COLTS!!!!!

Coming into this week, our forums were really busy. We had several new members registering each day. Many new threads were being made each day with people voicing their opinions on the upcoming matchup, and that's awesome. That's the entire point of the forums: voice your opinion and discuss things with others. However, there were multiple occasions where we had some issues. Name-calling, personal shots, Denver/Peyton fans getting into arguments with Colts fans, people questioning each other's fanhood, etc. Thus, as you all know, the mod team took a few precautions to help things run smoothly this week with as few issues as possible.

The week was an emotional one, with Peyton's return and all the noise that went along with it. Irsay made his comments that rubbed some people the wrong way, Skip Bayless and the media added to the fire by trying to make Irsay seem like he hates Peyton, Polian coming in and taking his shots, all sorts of ridiculous claims. Overall, it was an eventful week, both in the media and on the forums.

Going into gameday, there was a lot going on. Everyone was excited about the game. As the mods noted, we were being a little bit stricter this week and knew we had to pay extra careful attention Sunday night. Regardless of how the game went, there would be some people who would be upset. Gamedays are usually emotional times anyway (one good play and you think the game is yours, one bad play and you think all is lost), but that was amplified this week. So we all did our best to ensure that the forums operated smoothly. On that note, thanks are in order.

Last night, our forums were very busy (the gameday forum went to 46 pages!) and we had tons of people on here, which again is awesome! But everyone acted in such a way that the mods barely had to do anything. Issues were handled in a mature, responsible, and constructive fashion; discussions were productive; and things like trolling and baiting were minimal. So from all of the mods to all of you, regardless of who you cheer for, thank you! The Colts winning certainly helped keep the turmoil to a minimum, but a lot of credit goes out to you folks as well.

To all of our veteran members who follow the rules, keep on coming to the forums. The discussions we have here are awesome and I always learn new things. To all of our newer members, welcome to the boards. We hope you enjoy our forums and all that goes on within them. Regardless of who you cheer for, we welcome you to our online community and hope you will stay here with us. And once again, to everyone who came out last night, followed the rules, acted maturely, and enjoyed a great game, thank you! All the best for the rest of the football season.

Do you know how many trolls and bandwagons registered? Lol

I would like to add that the people who hung out in the chat room during the game were great too!

Thanks guys!

Now you have to admit that the Colts leading and winning the game had a lot to do with any negativity during the session. Had the Colts got down and lost this game the whole attitude and comments more than likely wouldn't have been all that great. I am glad to hear everything went down very positive. I didn't join the chat because I was so burned out from all of the media and a lot of negative comments all week leading up to this game. A win always makes all feel good but if the Broncos would have won this game it would have started the whole Manning-Luck debate all over again and that is an old and useless topic that we all have hashed out too many time already.