Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 10/21 "Broncos Game"

sb41champs

Got a little choked up when 18 took off his helmet waved at fans in LOS...

Peyton sets the standard by what it means to be a class act in all of the sports world, he has done absolutely everything the way it should be done, it is just a shame the way things went down with him & the Colts, as far as him playing & finishing his career with one team the way he wanted to, so it is sad that that aspect did not pan out for him, but you must move on...

Anyways, as soon as the whistle blew it was Blue Horseshoe all the way!!!

It was great to see, definitely an emotionally moving moment. Not something that brings a tear to my eye, but last night was a galvanizing moment for me. I've somewhat compartmentalized my angst and reservation about the decision to let Manning go and move on. After last night, that angst is gone. Exorcised, so to speak. 

Irsay is a brilliant NFL owner. He had the guts to make what is, historically, one of the most difficult franchising decisions ever. ...and it was clearly brilliantly executed. 

Just picking Andrew Luck wouldn't have been enough. We could EASILY be a 2-14 team again this year, as well as last year, if all Irsay was capable of was letting Manning go for Luck. But....Irsay installed incredible coaching and Front Office personnel, a winning streak of terrific decisions. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

It was great to see, definitely an emotionally moving moment. Not something that brings a tear to my eye, but last night was a galvanizing moment for me. I've somewhat compartmentalized my angst and reservation about the decision to let Manning go and move on. After last night, that angst is gone. Exorcised, so to speak. 

Irsay is a brilliant NFL owner. He had the guts to make what is, historically, one of the most difficult franchising decisions ever. ...and it was clearly brilliantly executed. 

Just picking Andrew Luck wouldn't have been enough. We could EASILY be a 2-14 team again this year, as well as last year, if all Irsay was capable of was letting Manning go for Luck. But....Irsay installed incredible coaching and Front Office personnel, a winning streak of terrific decisions. 

I'm convinced we have the best Coach, GM, Owner, and Quarterback we could have to turn this thing into a DYNASTY.

Very well said, I love what they are doing here and never liked what they did during the Manning years.  I used to get ripped for putting down Dungy and Pollian.  Colts would have won many SB's if Grigson and Pagano were running things then.  They are building the monster.