Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what they are now asking themslves in Denver and their instant reactions

bayone

2 articles Excerpts

Denver asks are we the Broncos or the Peyton Mannings?

start to long article Title reminds Me of Peyton's Colts

the Denver Broncos have a very important question to ask themselves.

Is everyone accountable?

Right now top to bottom I don't get that sense. One of John Fox's most famous quotes about Peyton is that "he raises all boats." What I've seen week after week now is a brand of football whereby "we better score a lot of points" in order to win.

Peyton Manning has been used like a giant band aid to cover the issues the Broncos have right now, and perhaps the players themselves have been fooled by a record setting pace to believe that they can get it done every week no matter what.

The only thing more dangerous than laziness is an aura of invincibility.

Now that it's done and over with a loss is the best thing that could have happened to our team. Why? Because we are not at that championship level yet. Not this team. Hopefully a hard fought loss on the road against an AFC contender is enough to snap the Broncos back to reality.

End of article - 52 guys and Peyton Manning? Or the Denver Broncos?  ((   Mathis too says this at end of second article  ))

Denvers instant Reactions to Colt game
Excerpts

Word is.... #Broncos gave Hillman and Holliday game balls... But they dropped them.

------------------------------------------

- This offensive line is now officially a sieve. No push up front. A handful of 3rd and 1's and failures to convert on all of them.

- Ronnie Hillman has a problem. A fumbling problem.

Peyton Manning has an audible problem. An "I'm going to call a draw up the middle with fumbling running backs and a patchwork offensive line" problem.

- Peyton Manning has an audible problem. An "I'm going to call a draw up the middle with fumbling running backs and a patchwork offensive line after torching the secondary all the way down the field" problem.

- Peyton Manning has an injury problem. He's not in the injury report, and it won't be talked about, but last week after getting hit low he was shaky with his accuracy and he started off the game with shaky accuracy.

(( note I said that last week, in Jacksonville (+27 1/2) @ Denver (10-13-13) topic

comment 27 , http://forums.colts.com/topic/21609-jacksonville-27-12-denver-10-13-13/ ))

Then got hit in the arm by Mathis and couldn't get any cheddar on the ball. This is something to keep an eye on going forward.

The Defense

Champ going down sucked, but so did his play before he did.

- Del Rio STILL insists on playing zone coverage. DRC sucks at it, Harris sucks at it.

- Del Rio put two DE's in coverage against TE's.

The Coaching

- Fox Ball killed today. Early in the game near midfield with a 4th and 1 we punted. Later in the game with Decker looking like he secured a catch and touched the pile-on for a TD he failed to challenge. ((( I cant argue that 1, but if decker didnt stretch he could of secured it easy at the 1 )))

- Gase has two backup Tackles, a reserve guard playing center, and a backup guard seeing starting action for the first time. Do you think we see some 12 personnel? Nope. It took more than three quarters for the Broncos to find their groove in 11 personnel. You think those extra tightends could have helped with the rush and in the running game?

Robert Mathis said something telling at the end. "Over here we're a team, over there it's 52 guys and Peyton Manning"

If Denver players see it this way, they better get their butt to work.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/10/20/4860876/denver-broncos-vs-indianapolis-colts-instant-reactions/in/4618791

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Colts exposed everything on Denver that we had been seeing all season - sloppy play, penalities, turnovers in the run game and a team unable to play physical football which seems to the norm for Manning-led teams for some reason. They should be asking themselves a lot of questions as the division is not a guarantee right now much less a Super Bowl...

I'll wager you an avatar bet that they do. KC are average. They'll come back to the pack soon....

Not arguing that Denver doesn't have an excellent chance over KC, but KC is quite a bit better than average.  Their defense will give Peyton fits too, especially with Denver's offensive line problems.  They're going to play Denver the same way we did.  I do question whether the KC offense has the firepower to put up the points needed even with a stellar defense though.

Mathis has it right.. but think about this Robert... whats your excuse while Peyton was in Indy? Cause whats happening in Denver happened in Indy for years. Now Robert, you are being held accountable and dont have Peyton to bail you out all the time. The Colts defense actually has to play to win instead of relying on Peyton to score upwards of 30+ points per game to win.

Had it not been for the Hillman fumble, I think Denver overtakes the game and wins. That fumble was the butchering of the game. Peyton was hit, hurried and sacked way, way too many times last night. 

I felt thing weren't being called appropriately on the Colts Defense. There was alot of holding and PI's that weren't called. The Broncos receivers were molested all game and the refs let it go, then call PI on Moreno???!!! That was bull in a crap basket.

Denver fans are saying, 'its not the defenses fault', but reality it is. When you allow 39 points.. it is mostly your fault. They cannot expect or rely on Peytons offense to score 40+ points per game in order to win. That game plan is just asinine and unfathomable. 

IMO, Peyton is and will always be the GOAT, always a Colt, and I will not root against him, for him to get hurt, ect. 

He has earned that through his play and his on and off the field class. No real fan would root against him, hope for him to get hurt or loose. He isnt the Enemy as others have put it. He is a Colt for life, therefore never the enemy. He is a QB. He is a class act. He deserves our upmost respect. 

The Colts exposed everything on Denver that we had been seeing all season - sloppy play, penalities, turnovers in the run game and a team unable to play physical football which seems to the norm for Manning-led teams for some reason. They should be asking themselves a lot of questions as the division is not a guarantee right now much less a Super Bowl...

True, but that game gives me much more hope for the future of the Colts, than cause to worry about Denver. That game shows that the Colts are a team to be reckoned with. The only thing that gives me cause for concern is Reggie's health. Let's give credit where credit is due, thE Colts beat the Broncos, the Broncos didn't just suddenly implode on their own.

Mathis has it right.. but think about this Robert... whats your excuse while Peyton was in Indy? Cause whats happening in Denver happened in Indy for years. Now Robert, you are being held accountable and dont have Peyton to bail you out all the time. The Colts defense actually has to play to win instead of relying on Peyton to score upwards of 30+ points per game to win.

Had it not been for the Hillman fumble, I think Denver overtakes the game and wins. That fumble was the butchering of the game. Peyton was hit, hurried and sacked way, way too many times last night. 

I felt thing weren't being called appropriately on the Colts Defense. There was alot of holding and PI's that weren't called. The Broncos receivers were molested all game and the refs let it go, then call PI on Moreno???!!! That was bull in a crap basket.

Denver fans are saying, 'its not the defenses fault', but reality it is. When you allow 39 points.. it is mostly your fault. They cannot expect or rely on Peytons offense to score 40+ points per game in order to win. That game plan is just asinine and unfathomable. 

IMO, Peyton is and will always be the GOAT, always a Colt, and I will not root against him, for him to get hurt, ect. 

He has earned that through his play and his on and off the field class. No real fan would root against him, hope for him to get hurt or loose. He isnt the Enemy as others have put it. He is a Colt for life, therefore never the enemy. He is a QB. He is a class act. He deserves our upmost respect. 

Denver had a bunch of TOs that lead to 12 points including two by Manning and a fumble that easily could have been a TD instead of a safety. To lay the whole game on the Denver D is not accurate or true. All three phases for Denver - O, D and special teams contributed to the loss against a rock solid Colts team.

The Colts exposed everything on Denver that we had been seeing all season - sloppy play, penalities, turnovers in the run game and a team unable to play physical football which seems to the norm for Manning-led teams for some reason. They should be asking themselves a lot of questions as the division is not a guarantee right now much less a Super Bowl...

I agree completely and I think it is not necessarily a bad thing for Manning's team to not take for granted a winning streak and 14-2 record. The only time a Manning-led team won the superbowl Manning did not play like he generally did and they had a 10-6 record, and the rest of the team stepped up.

True, but that game gives me much more hope for the future of the Colts, than cause to worry about Denver. That game shows that the Colts are a team to be reckoned with. The only thing that gives me cause for concern is Reggie's health. Let's give credit where credit is due, thE Colts beat the Broncos, the Broncos didn't just suddenly implode on their own.

With Wayne injured it really calls the end to Manning's era and the influence on Colts. Now it is all Luck and his generation. It will show if he is a very good or great QB by whether he can make the young receivers around him better. If they can somehow keep winning with other receivers despite all the injuries they will really be the future of NFL.

Denver had a bunch of TOs that lead to 12 points including two by Manning and a fumble that easily could have been a TD instead of a safety. To lay the whole game on the Denver D is not accurate or true. All three phases for Denver - O, D and special teams contributed to the loss against a rock solid Colts team.

This sounds like the many pivotal Manning playoff losses against Ravens (blown safety coverage), Steelers(shanked field goal), Chargers(failed short yardage conversion and Harrison's fumble), and Pats (too many in the early age) ...

The new Colts look much similar to those superbowl-winning physical teams in Ravens, Steelers, and Pats now.

These are issues we've seen all season. Dallas, Jacksonville, and now in Indy. Peyton is carrying them...but how far. Each man needs to be accountable. It was funny because I thought last night I was watching NE play the Colts...and Denver was the Colts. Team didn't protect him...turnovers resulting in direct pts...put on and taken off the board. They beat themselves...and the Colts said why don't we help you. Colts are so up and down I don't know wether to get excited yet or not. We play like last night I don't know many teams that can beat us. Excited to see a championship type performance last night....just hope we can sustain this.

The very worst kind of post game analysis. Picking a few 'near things or bad calls' for one side, and ignoring the very same things for the other team. The best team by far, won, and the Colts had the better QB play...ON THE DAY.

Or the Colts O, D and ST contributed to the win. Losing teams lose because the other teams play better, which also contributes to their own downfall. 

One thing for sure, the Colts are getting no credit whatsoever for beating Denver.

Everything is all centered on Manning and Denver and how they lost. None of the media wants to say "Wow, we were wrong, those boys in Indy are a lot better than we thought they were" no it's just a fluke like last year, they got lucky, Manning choked blah blah blah. They act as if the team they pick just can't lose. Reminds me how they shocked they were that the Saints beat the Colts in the Super Bowl, um yes we really were not all that bad as people said we were that season, we had to prove how we weren't "lucky" to be there.

There I said it, the Colts were the better team and the talking heads on ESPN should know this. 

Sports media is like soap opera land and this is one of 100 reasons I quit watching ESPN. They act the same way when the Heat get upset. It's just so OMG these guys can't lose! The other guys got lucky, they are not all that good, it won't happen again! We say so! The Colts won, and they are acting surprised. How about give the little guy some credit that they constantly pick on and say they are better than people give them credit for. All last year they constantly said how bad they were even though they won 11 games, now they take out the holy Denver Broncos that they all think are a Super Bowl team and they still can't get any respect for it. Sickening

The writer in Bayone's link mentioned something that seemed painfully obvious to me last night...

Manning seemed to have no zip on the ball, zero, after taking that hit on the safety. It's not like he was launching lasers around prior to that either. His game is so cerebral now, more so than ever, but at some point (when it's windy, snowy, or both) I wonder if that lack of arm strength is going to be an issue. 

I remember this play too that was mentioned:

Later in the game with Decker looking like he secured a catch and touched the pile-on for a TD he failed to challenge.

That was a good non-challenge, actually... Decker didn't maintain possession, which you still have to do on a catch. If he had carried it in after possessing it, then it would have been a TD. But he came down with the ball, stretched it out, and couldn't hold onto it as he went to the ground. Incomplete pass, and a good call.

I was really impressed with the Colts last night but wished I had seen them finish a little stronger. They had opportunities to open up a huge lead but let Denver hang around a little. Good learning lesson for a young, up-and-coming team. 

Not arguing that Denver doesn't have an excellent chance over KC, but KC is quite a bit better than average.  Their defense will give Peyton fits too, especially with Denver's offensive line problems.  They're going to play Denver the same way we did.  I do question whether the KC offense has the firepower to put up the points needed even with a stellar defense though.

Thus 'average'. I had a txt read out about the Bears on the UK NFL show just before our SB win.........'great Defense, but you need a decent Offense to bring it home'.........rinse and repeat.

Manning seemed to have no zip on the ball, zero, after taking that hit on the safety. It's not like he was launching lasers around prior to that either. His game is so cerebral now, more so than ever, but at some point (when it's windy, snowy, or both) I wonder if that lack of arm strength is going to be an issue. 

I was really impressed with the Colts last night but wished I had seen them finish a little stronger. They had opportunities to open up a huge lead but let Denver hang around a little. Good learning lesson for a young, up-and-coming team. 

Agree on both these points. Honestly I wish we could have held the lead better but that's what Denver did last year too at times. Failed comebacks vs. Atlanta, NE, Houston......the Colts are a young team who can also be stupid and are going to be even younger now without Wayne.

I am not saying I am not impressed with Denver but I don't know why they are suddenly going to ask if they are the Broncos or the Mannings. They were the Tebows in 2011 and now are the Mannings. Its how it is. Does anyone think Manning is truly going to commit to a power running game either and not pass as much with all those WRs out there?

I hate to say it but Welker looked a bit old to me too last night.

Look, I don't want to bash Denver too much. They are still one of the best teams in football but I felt more satisfied personally when we beat SF. I felt like we beat a more physical well balanced squad who I could realistically see winning the Super Bowl.

I don't get it at times. You take out this Denver passing game and whats so great about them?

Still in the AFC the Pats scare me the most. Yeah they lost a few already and looked bad in those games but I know how they operate in the playoffs. They could take Jane Fonda and Michelle Obama and put them at WR and I would think we would get burned.

With Wayne injured it really calls the end to Manning's era and the influence on Colts. Now it is all Luck and his generation. It will show if he is a very good or great QB by whether he can make the young receivers around him better. If they can somehow keep winning with other receivers despite all the injuries they will really be the future of NFL.

I thought the same thing today. It was almost like last night was full closure on the Peyton influenced era in Indy.

I thought the same thing today. It was almost like last night was full closure on the Peyton influenced era in Indy.

I noticed how Peyton was looking over (presumably at Reggie while he was crumpled up on the field) and seemed very concerned about his friend/former teammate. Kind of poignant moment. 

Thus 'average'. I had a txt read out about the Bears on the UK NFL show just before our SB win.........'great Defense, but you need a decent Offense to bring it home'.........rinse and repeat.

Elite defense + average offense that doesn't turn the ball over much and has an elite running back doesn't work out to just average.  Come playoff time I'm more concerned about playing the Chiefs than I am the Broncos again.  Especially if the Broncos game is at LOS again.

Agree on both these points. Honestly I wish we could have held the lead better but that's what Denver did last year too at times. Failed comebacks vs. Atlanta, NE, Houston......the Colts are a young team who can also be stupid and are going to be even younger now without Wayne.

I am not saying I am not impressed with Denver but I don't know why they are suddenly going to ask if they are the Broncos or the Mannings. They were the Tebows in 2011 and now are the Mannings. Its how it is. Does anyone think Manning is truly going to commit to a power running game either and not pass as much with all those WRs out there?

Look, I don't want to bash Denver too much. They are still one of the best teams in football but I felt more satisfied personally when we beat SF. I felt like we beat a more physical well balanced squad who I could realistically see winning the Super Bowl.

I don't get it at times. You take out this Denver passing game and whats so great about them?

Still in the AFC the Pats scare me the most. Yeah they lost a few already and looked bad in those games but I know how they operate in the playoffs. They could take Jane Fonda and Michelle Obama and put them at WR and I would think we would get burned.

Colts beat Denver plain and simple. But its one game. We won't know the answer to all until the end of the season.

But with a Colts real defense one can see the difference it makes.

While your optimism of the Pats is well received I don't see it.

Losing the middle layers in any sport is drastic, especially if they are the best at it.

Wilfork,Mayo, and Talib are our middle layers. Technically a corner isn't middle but he's better than our safety. In baseball terms its like losing your catcher, shortstop and right fielder.

While NE will continue to scrap and may get in the playoffs, I had thought they could go deep before losing Mayo. Still- BB is the best at replacements.

But I would trade Gronk's comeback to get back Mayo,Talib, and Wilfork.  Even just Mayo and Talib. Teams are just going to attack the middle now.

I noticed how Peyton was looking over (presumably at Reggie while he was crumpled up on the field) and seemed very concerned about his friend/former teammate. Kind of poignant moment. 

Yeah it was sad. It really put a damper on the big night. People made a big deal at times over the Champ vs. Reggie matchup before the game and both aging great ones got hurt.

And I hate to go back to NE but you guys are getting mauled at times with injuries too. On defense, seems we have been healthy there and ours are on offense.

I won't be stunned though if we meet up in the playoffs assuming we both win our strange divisions. Had a gut feeling since last year we were meant to play you guys and the Ray Lewis retirement party ruined it all lol. I have a bad feeling we lose to you guys in the divisional or AFCCG but you never know.......lets see if anyone is still left on our teams in January LOL.

Young #12 vs. veteran #12 would be an amazing playoff game.

Colts beat Denver plain and simple. But its one game. We won't know the answer to all until the end of the season.

But with a Colts real defense one can see the difference it makes.

While your optimism of the Pats is well received I don't see it.

Losing the middle layers in any sport is drastic, especially if they are the best at it.

Wilfork,Mayo, and Talib are our middle layers. Technically a corner isn't middle but he's better than our safety. In baseball terms its like losing your catcher, shortstop and right fielder.

While NE will continue to scrap and may get in the playoffs, I had thought they could go deep before losing Mayo. Still- BB is the best at replacements.

But I would trade Gronk's comeback to get back Mayo,Talib, and Wilfork.  Even just Mayo and Talib. Teams are just going to attack the middle now.

You lost Talib?

You guys are on defense what we are on offense LOL.

Our D needs to stay healthy for us to have a shot at anything right now IMO. I think we have a gutsy D but if we lose Mathis or Vontae it may be lights out......

You lost Talib?

You guys are on defense what we are on offense LOL.

Our D needs to stay healthy for us to have a shot at anything right now IMO. I think we have a gutsy D but if we lose Mathis or Vontae it may be lights out......

Talib-leg injury. He will be back though but with Mayo and Wilfork out for the year............and you know how I feel about defense late in the year and playoffs :) So like I said I'd rather lose Gronk for the year. We were doing ok without him with the defense at the time.

Yeah you can't lose Mathis or Vontae...even if he does prepare for Tom Brady lol.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/vontae-davis-prepared-hard-tom-brady-video/208088

The writer in Bayone's link mentioned something that seemed painfully obvious to me last night...

Later in the game with Decker looking like he secured a catch and touched the pile-on for a TD he failed to challenge.

That was a good non-challenge, actually... Decker didn't maintain possession, which you still have to do on a catch. If he had carried it in after possessing it, then it would have been a TD. But he came down with the ball, stretched it out, and couldn't hold onto it as he went to the ground. Incomplete pass, and a good call.

That Decker play...I actually thought he caught it and performed a football move. He crossed the goal line before losing it after hitting the ground. It wasn't like he jumped and caught it and having to hang on to it while going to the ground. He caught it on the run...turned and put it out...it was a big call because it held Denver to 3 after they shot themselves in the foot again with penalties. That said the Colts made more plays and deserved to win...so I was happy. A team can't make so many mistakes and still win against a good team. Jacksonville..yes....Colts...oh no. We saw this last year Holiday gives and taketh away a lot. Like his dropped punts that set up points last year...I think against you guys. Thats a hard momentum shift when that happens. Fumbles on the 1 when your set up to score....Peyton had his turnovers though they were hard to blame him on...Mathis just blew by Clark and slammed Peyton....that happened so fast no way Peyton could have reacted....and Waldon hitting his arm....the game just fell perfect for us and we took advantage. I thought Peyton looked very exhausted and the pounding he took the last two weeks he is feeling....that bye can't come soon enough for his team. Hopefully having the bye this week will give us time to prepare for life without Wayne...thats a hard one to overcome.

1  quick comment first chance to read responces to my OP

Aagree what u say on Peytons arm , 

but when u say lack of zip before the mathis hit n hope u also read

Peyton Manning has an injury problem. He's not in the injury report, and it won't be talked about, but last week after getting hit low he was shaky with his accuracy and he started off the game with shaky accuracy.

(( note I said that last week too , in Jacksonville (+27 1/2) @ Denver (10-13-13) topic

comment 27 , http://forums.colts....enver-10-13-13/ ))

Then got hit in the arm by Mathis and couldn't get any cheddar on the ball. This is something to keep an eye on going forward.

so it really was as i observed the 5 early Jaxsonville hits , though not sacked , with guy 's taking him to ground & laying on him  that i postulated last week and so does this author , that is when he got initially hurt

If he cant rehab after next week when face Washington  and have a bye after that to rest, then team is in deep trouble

may still be if play in bitter cold  anyway even if he gets better

But earlier in season he had more zip , great touch, both short and deep and layed balls in right where his guys could make the catch

he was sacked 5 times going into game and 4 last night, this make shift OL beter improve or he is going to get really hurt

=============================

Feel g for your pat in juries are many , and 2 stars on IR at least Talkib will be better and should be ready for DT 

Thats all time i have, 1 cooment is it so if quote me dont expect a reply my friend

Elite defense + average offense that doesn't turn the ball over much and has an elite running back doesn't work out to just average.  Come playoff time I'm more concerned about playing the Chiefs than I am the Broncos again.  Especially if the Broncos game is at LOS again.

A good defense, once they play a few top offenses, and continue to perform, I'll worry. I just don't see Alex Smith leading a deep play-off run. But my opinion is worthless.....

The very worst kind of post game analysis. Picking a few 'near things or bad calls' for one side, and ignoring the very same things for the other team. The best team by far, won, and the Colts had the better QB play...ON THE DAY.

Thats pretty rude bravehearcolt. rude indeed. I broke down plays that were detrimental to the Broncos losing. If you want a full game break down analysis, I can do that as well. 

as far as I'm concerned Denver's offense is by far superior to the colts. Injuries are taking a toll, to argue it is not is homeristic. 

Denvers defense is one I cannot understand. Del Rio should know 7 games into the season playing zone soft is not working. Woodyard out hurt more than some may realize. He is the Defensive team captain. 

I reminisced today to see the same issues from the Colts during the Manning era. Poor O Line, Defense lacking serious contention, and Peyton having to press passes where he should not be. It is Polian Indy all over again. 

I feel for Peyton. Guy just cant catch a break.

I see the bandwagon Peyton loves have jumped ship. I still sit here and wont leave it. I'm loyal if anything. 

My feeling is that Luck has time. Peyton does not, which is why I am pulling for him more. Guy gets alot of credit, but also way too much blame. 

Fail. Michelle Obama is a Linebacker....

Thats pretty rude bravehearcolt. rude indeed. I broke down plays that were detrimental to the Broncos losing. If you want a full game break down analysis, I can do that as well. 

as far as I'm concerned Denver's offense is by far superior to the colts. Injuries are taking a toll, to argue it is not is homeristic. 

Denvers defense is one I cannot understand. Del Rio should know 7 games into the season playing zone soft is not working. Woodyard out hurt more than some may realize. He is the Defensive team captain. 

I reminisced today to see the same issues from the Colts during the Manning era. Poor O Line, Defense lacking serious contention, and Peyton having to press passes where he should not be. It is Polian Indy all over again. 

I feel for Peyton. Guy just cant catch a break.

I see the bandwagon Peyton loves have jumped ship. I still sit here and wont leave it. I'm loyal if anything. 

My feeling is that Luck has time. Peyton does not, which is why I am pulling for him more. Guy gets alot of credit, but also way too much blame. 

Not meant to be rude, just factual. This is a Colts forum, I'm a Colt fan, I'm going to knock anti Colts statements, particularly if they are misguided. No personal offense meant though.

Are you a Denver fan, A Colt fan, or A Manning fan? Ah, nevermind, I already know the answer. Back to your post though, everygame has questionable calls or non-calls. The plain and simple fact is that the Colts outplayed the Bronco's pretty much from start to finish. I think the Bronco's were lucky it was even as close as it was at the end, because Peyton threw some terrible looking passes and at least 2 more should have been picked off by the Colts secondary. This game could have gotten ugly for the Bronco's.

Well it was a horrible game to watch.

One moment it was "Wooh Mathis crushed that guy" milliseconds later it's "darn Peyton got hammered."

All night it was like that.

However I'm glad we smacked Denver. Peyton played great, but his team was horrible. They needed this kind of loss to show them they can't make Peyton do it all. Hopefully they can pull it together, and give him the Super Bowl he deserves.

Also Hillman signed his death certificate last night. How he fumbles every time in the redzone is beyond me. And on top of that he had the ball recovered, but didn't recover it? How? Pull it into your stomach not your side you Jerk.

One thing for sure, the Colts are getting no credit whatsoever for beating Denver.

Everything is all centered on Manning and Denver and how they lost. None of the media wants to say "Wow, we were wrong, those boys in Indy are a lot better than we thought they were" no it's just a fluke like last year, they got lucky, Manning choked blah blah blah. They act as if the team they pick just can't lose. Reminds me how they shocked they were that the Saints beat the Colts in the Super Bowl, um yes we really were not all that bad as people said we were that season, we had to prove how we weren't "lucky" to be there.

There I said it, the Colts were the better team and the talking heads on ESPN should know this. 

Sports media is like soap opera land and this is one of 100 reasons I quit watching ESPN. They act the same way when the Heat get upset. It's just so OMG these guys can't lose! The other guys got lucky, they are not all that good, it won't happen again! We say so! The Colts won, and they are acting surprised. How about give the little guy some credit that they constantly pick on and say they are better than people give them credit for. All last year they constantly said how bad they were even though they won 11 games, now they take out the holy Denver Broncos that they all think are a Super Bowl team and they still can't get any respect for it. Sickening

That is unbelievably true. The Colts get no respect at all, I seen an ESPN guy say the Colts should be number 8 in the power rankings even after beating Denver simply because Wayne is now out. The Colts have beaten the best teams in football so far this season and are the only team to do so, and yet they still think were a fluke. If NE would have beaten Denver, ESPN would be wetting themselves all day running specials about it. They would probably be in the process of making a 30 for 30 episode about it.

Guest TeamLoloJones

That is unbelievably true. The Colts get no respect at all, I seen an ESPN guy say the Colts should be number 8 in the power rankings even after beating Denver simply because Wayne is now out. The Colts have beaten the best teams in football so far this season and are the only team to do so, and yet they still think were a fluke. If NE would have beaten Denver, ESPN would be wetting themselves all day running specials about it. They would probably be in the process of making a 30 for 30 episode about it.

The media must secretly want the Colts to win the Superbowl...because every time they doubt us we beat up the best teams in the league.  If they keep doubting we will keep proving them wrong.

Talib-leg injury. He will be back though but with Mayo and Wilfork out for the year............and you know how I feel about defense late in the year and playoffs :) So like I said I'd rather lose Gronk for the year. We were doing ok without him with the defense at the time.

Yeah you can't lose Mathis or Vontae...even if he does prepare for Tom Brady lol.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/vontae-davis-prepared-hard-tom-brady-video/208088

True about defense.....and I am getting into the defensive groove myself. ;) Our offense is young and people at times IMO need to be patient with the growing pains we will sometimes have there. I am not too concerned about it, Luck can handle it. But, he just turned 24 last month and I swear sometimes people want him to be an established HOF vet lol.

I like our D this year though. The occasional egg may be laid and especially vs. the run but if we can keep this unit in tact all year I think we have a shot.....

Yeah I feel for you guys losing Wilfork and Mayo. Ouch. I am sure you will win a lot of games but that's still a major ouch in talent. Your D was looking solid this year. It's still not too bad but then again I didn't watch the game vs. the Jets.

We beat SF, Seattle and Denver. lol what else do people want. We laid eggs vs. Miami/SD so there are some concerns at times with consistency but that's not unusual. And IMO SF is the most underrated team in football for a team who just nearly won the SB and IMO probably should have won. They had a rough start to the season with a tough schedule but are still awesome with a great HC.

Wayne is a tough loss but it's not like we lost Andrew or Robert Mathis. In the old days we used to say we could not live without Peyton/Freeney. Now it's Andrew/Robert IMO. I may throw Vontae in there now too.