Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Case Keenum will start for the Texans sunday.

Dustin

They need Schaub to get healthy fast if they want to salvage the season. That said we could be 4-3 after this week (i hope not but very possible) so the division won't get too far out of hand but Schaub is good enough to win with that defense and running game....just keep the throws between the numbers.

They need Schaub to get healthy fast if they want to salvage the season. That said we could be 4-3 after this week (i hope not but very possible) so the division won't get too far out of hand but Schaub is good enough to win with that defense and running game....just keep the throws between the numbers.

No he's not. Dude, I could throw farther than him right now.

No he's not. Dude, I could throw farther than him right now.

I don't know what you mean by that. He is the same qb that led them to the playoffs the last two years...his confidence is very shakey but if they get him into some easier throws and plays...keep them between the numbers instead of those on the outside...build his confidence up he will come back making those later in the season. I know people will laugh but I bet the Texans will give us a battle for the division still if Schaub gets healthy.

I don't know what you mean by that. He is the same qb that led them to the playoffs the last two years...his confidence is very shakey but if they get him into some easier throws and plays...keep them between the numbers instead of those on the outside...build his confidence up he will come back making those later in the season. I know people will laugh but I bet the Texans will give us a battle for the division still if Schaub gets healthy.

His arm is gone and his mechanics are shot. Watch the games again.

His arm is gone and his mechanics are shot. Watch the games again.

Oh I'm not watching the tapes again...that would be cruel and unusual punishment...like me asking you to watch tapes from our year with Painter. I am saying he is very much good enough to win...some poor decisions..some poor passes..some lack of confindence...but he is talented enough for that team....Yates and co are not. Just my little opinion....no skin in the game so I don't mind.

Oh I'm not watching the tapes again...that would be cruel and unusual punishment...like me asking you to watch tapes from our year with Painter. I am saying he is very much good enough to win...some poor decisions..some poor passes..some lack of confindence...but he is talented enough for that team....Yates and co are not. Just my little opinion....no skin in the game so I don't mind.

I'm telling you, he no longer has the arm to make the throws. It's blatantly obvious. His mechanics have slowed and the ball speed has slowed.

Don't take Keenum lightly, this kid can play. I liked him a lot at Houston. He was always in control of everything. That could be a game.

It sucks that his first game will be against the best defense in the nfl (imo) as a road game.  But I really liked what I saw of him in preseason over the last couple of years.  Will be interesting.

He gives them the best chance to win...I agree..

..and you only need to manage the game

You don't need to score 42 to beat KC

Yep...and as long as our D gets pressure on the game manager on the other side we should be able to compete in this one.

Yep...and as long as our D gets pressure on the game manager on the other side we should be able to compete in this one.

I think you guys win this 1 and get back on track because Watt and Cushing are very angry and will expose Alex Smith for the fraud he is....Run the ball, and play action...It does hurt not having Owen Daniels for this one though...

I think you guys win this 1 and get back on track because Watt and Cushing are very angry and will expose Alex Smith for the fraud he is....Run the ball, and play action...It does hurt not having Owen Daniels for this one though...

Yeah, it does. He was the second most-targeted guy for receptions on the team this year if I'm not mistaken. The Chiefs have been facing some horrid teams with the exception of maybe Tennessee or Dallas and while I think Alex is definitely an upgrade to Cassel, he still isn't a game-changer yet. That secondary of theirs though is the key....and thank goodness Keenum knows how to improvise with his legs, but that means we will have to get some nice blocks on Justin Houston and co. And it will also definitely come down to Cush and our other guys...we have to stop Charles first and foremost. If that happens then I think Smith will be off in the passing game. But we will see.

I think KC wins this one in a blow out. No offense Quiz or Vance. But there is a reason why this guy is 3rd string. No way he is able to compete on the road in KC of all places and beats the best defense in the league. And the Texan defense did not look great against lousy St. Louis. This has beat down all over it.

I think KC wins this one in a blow out. No offense Quiz or Vance. But there is a reason why this guy is 3rd string. No way he is able to compete on the road in KC of all places and beats the best defense in the league. And the Texan defense did not look great against lousy St. Louis. This has beat down all over it.

Wasn't Tom still the backup in his second year on the Patriots? ;)

Not saying he's the next Brady...just wondering if people said "there's a reason why Tom Brady is the backup" when he came in for Bledsoe

It sucks that his first game will be against the best defense in the nfl (imo) as a road game.  But I really liked what I saw of him in preseason over the last couple of years.  Will be interesting.

Not only that, Arrowhead Stadium last week broke the record for loudest crowd noise, set by the Seahawks in their playoff game against the Saints. If Keenum had any struggles in practice, they will be magnified 20-fold in this game. The Chief fans are so pumped at having a still undefeated team after last season's debacle, that they will put out a ton of noise every home game they can, at least until they lose a game. Plus, Andy Reid is a defensive mastermind and will exploit Keenum's inexperience to the fullest.

Not only that, Arrowhead Stadium last week broke the record for loudest crowd noise, set by the Seahawks in their playoff game against the Saints. If Keenum had any struggles in practice, they will be magnified 20-fold in this game. The Chief fans are so pumped at having a still undefeated team after last season's debacle, that they will put out a ton of noise every home game they can, at least until they lose a game. Plus, Andy Reid is a defensive mastermind and will exploit Keenum's inexperience to the fullest.

Andy Reid is a defensive mastermind?????????? Did you watch the Eagles defense last few years??? KC's defense has been good with Eric Berry and Tamba Hali and them boys it was their offense that was the problem and it will be their offense that will be their downfall this year when they actually have to play somebody....

Not only that, Arrowhead Stadium last week broke the record for loudest crowd noise, set by the Seahawks in their playoff game against the Saints. If Keenum had any struggles in practice, they will be magnified 20-fold in this game. The Chief fans are so pumped at having a still undefeated team after last season's debacle, that they will put out a ton of noise every home game they can, at least until they lose a game. Plus, Andy Reid is a defensive mastermind and will exploit Keenum's inexperience to the fullest.

Andy Reid coaches offense not defense.

Wasn't Tom still the backup in his second year on the Patriots? ;)

Not saying he's the next Brady...just wondering if people said "there's a reason why Tom Brady is the backup" when he came in for Bledsoe

Tom was the back up not third string. And he outplayed Bledsoe in the preseason but Bill didn't want to pull the hook on the franchise QB to start the season.

I know very little of this QB, maybe he does have something. I just highly doubt he will have much success againt that KC defense. And I would be saying the same thing about Brady, Manning, and Rodgers as well if they were playing them this week in KC. They are playing defense as well as Denver is playing offense. And KC is one of the hardest stadiums to win in because of the crowd which is like a college atmosphere. Also , Houston as a team seems lost at the moment. Not sure how that will help them against a KC team that is well coached and undefeated. Maybe the kid does have a rabbit in his hat but like I said this has blow out all over it.

Tom was the back up not third string. And he outplayed Bledsoe in the preseason but Bill didn't want to pull the hook on the franchise QB to start the season.

I know very little of this QB, maybe he does have something. I just highly doubt he will have much success againt that KC defense. And I would be saying the same thing about Brady, Manning, and Rodgers as well if they were playing them this week in KC. They are playing defense as well as Denver is playing offense. And KC is one of the hardest stadiums to win in because of the crowd which is like a college atmosphere. Also , Houston as a team seems lost at the moment. Not sure how that will help them against a KC team that is well coached and undefeated. Maybe the kid does have a rabbit in his hat but like I said this has blow out all over it.

First off, I didn't say Tom was third string I said he was the backup.

Secondly, Case outplayed both Schaub and Yates in preseason, and he was more impressive in TC than Yates was. Looking at preseason stats, Yates had a slight edge, but the plays Keenum made were far better than what Yates did. Also, Keenum was on the practice squad all last year and Yates has NFL playoff experience.

Schaub was the de facto starter going into the year and nothing was going to change that, barring injury. Yates was gifted the backup job because of his NFL experience over Case, nothing more.

And I think we'll lose no matter who we throw out there. But I've been wrong about a few things before.....

The Chefs defense is not what I would want to face in my first game out. I have a feeling K.C. might be cooking up another big game... certainly not another 10 sacks, but they are a gritty little team.

Bet the farm on them winning at home.

And I see what you did there??

First off, I didn't say Tom was third string I said he was the backup.

Secondly, Case outplayed both Schaub and Yates in preseason, and he was more impressive in TC than Yates was. Looking at preseason stats, Yates had a slight edge, but the plays Keenum made were far better than what Yates did. Also, Keenum was on the practice squad all last year and Yates has NFL playoff experience.

Schaub was the de facto starter going into the year and nothing was going to change that, barring injury. Yates was gifted the backup job because of his NFL experience over Case, nothing more.

And I think we'll lose no matter who we throw out there. But I've been wrong about a few things before.....

So Case is the second string? My bad then. I thought he was third.

To your latter point, that was my main point. I just think KC will be too tough to beat at home for a guy getting his first start. It could happen but I just think KC is playing some great football now and Houston is a bit lost. But like you said, stranger things have happened. I am rooting for the Texans as that would help the Pats. ;)

So Case is the second string? My bad then. I thought he was third.

To your latter point, that was my main point. I just think KC will be too tough to beat at home for a guy getting his first start. It could happen but I just think KC is playing some great football now and Houston is a bit lost. But like you said, stranger things have happened. I am rooting for the Texans as that would help the Pats. ;)

I didn't say "Wasn't Tom the backup, too?" I said "Wasn't Tom the backup". Basically neither he or Case was the starter for their teams at the start of the year which was what I was getting at.

I didn't say "Wasn't Tom the backup, too?" I said "Wasn't Tom the backup". Basically neither he or Case was the starter for their teams at the start of the year which was what I was getting at.

I lost you. Tom was second string which is a world of difference from third string. The back up is the guy that is ready to step in if the starter is injured or playing poorly. Third string is the emergency QB and still developing.

So is Case third string?

I lost you. Tom was second string which is a world of difference from third string. The back up is the guy that is ready to step in if the starter is injured or playing poorly. Third string is the emergency QB and still developing.

So is Case third string?

Like I said TJ was gifted the backup job because of his 2011 experience. Case played better all around in training camp and in preseason (even though Yates was ahead slightly statistically).

So Case WAS third string but only due to his lack of any NFL game experience outside of preseason.

Like I said TJ was gifted the backup job because of his 2011 experience. Case played better all around in training camp and in preseason (even though Yates was ahead slightly statistically).

So Case WAS third string but only due to his lack of any NFL game experience outside of preseason.

Thanks. I was confused. ;)   So TJ was benched or is he hurt?