Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suggs blames blackout on Commish; says Goodell chummy with Elway

amfootball

Suggs would be like the Porter guy of the Steelers, just more obnoxious and will make it a big deal even if a call here or there goes in favor of the Broncos or Pats stating that Goodell wants one of them to win. Hey, you got your calls or non-calls and got your Lombardi, why do you still keep whining?

Well he is not totally wrong IMO. The league would LOVE to see Manning have an Elway ending IMO....

And secondly yeah the SB blackout was extremely fishy timing. So the 49ers are getting blown out of the water and then all of a sudden the lights go out? I wasn't born  yesterday....

People before the blackout may have been losing interest in the game and in some cases possibly changing the channel. And then all of a sudden the lights to back on and the 49ers dip into a new gear and we have this exciting almost comeback win by SF.

The NFL is all about MONEY. And a lot of money is put into the SB and a lot of money is put into commercials. They want you to pay attention to the entire game and to watch all those SB commercials too.

Of course many will think I sound crazy but so be it. I also think the SB blackout was a joke.

Well he is not totally wrong IMO. The league would LOVE to see Manning have an Elway ending IMO....

And secondly yeah the SB blackout was extremely fishy timing. So the 49ers are getting blown out of the water and then all of a sudden the lights go out? I wasn't born  yesterday....

People before the blackout may have been losing interest in the game and in some cases possibly changing the channel. And then all of a sudden the lights to back on and the 49ers dip into a new gear and we have this exciting almost comeback win by SF.

The NFL is all about MONEY. And a lot of money is put into the SB and a lot of money is put into commercials. They want you to pay attention to the entire game and to watch all those SB commercials too.

Of course many will think I sound crazy but so be it. I also think the SB blackout was a joke.

Hey now, people don't want you to conjure up conspiracy theories. How come Jerome Bettis and Ray Lewis got their swan song SBs, how come the Saints and their Katrina story got the refs to look the other side on roughing the passer penalties on Favre and provide bogus PI calls against the Vikes' D in the dome? Naaah...the NFL does not like feel good stories.

Hey now, people don't want you to conjure up conspiracy theories. How come Jerome Bettis and Ray Lewis got their swan song SBs, how come the Saints and their Katrina story got the refs to look the other side on roughing the passer penalties on Favre and provide bogus PI calls against the Vikes' D in the dome? Naaah...the NFL does not like feel good stories.

More people need to just embrace their conspiracy juices at times... ;)

Two holes though in recent years:

1) Katrina happened years before the Saints won the SB but they were the feel good story all through 2006 anyway. And they certainly did not seem to like the Saints last year after hammering them with bounty gate. They literally IMO took a year away from Brees' prime with keeping out Sean Payton.

2) The Steelers could have been a close second in terms of choices in 2005. I think the Colts were first and we even got the calls I felt in the divisional round. But, we blew it.

So even if you are the favorite of the league you still have to cash in and win the game in the end too.

That blackout was the best timing ever. lmao And no doubt the SB at that point was a bust with the blowout and people were losing interest. In fact that recent commercial with Flacco/Kaep and the blackout reference is even funnier since they are still throwing it our faces.

Overall I wonder when the next big star will announce it's his final year. When/if that happens in order to beat him/his team you will have to play your butts off....and if their is a disaster or crisis of some sort in a city they may get the support as well to make a deep run. :)

Money and attention.....they want it in the league.

It's so strange because I respect the Ravens for the way they play, but has there ever been a whinier team in the NFL? Dannnnnngggg, they even complain when they win! 

Exactly GoPats! You won the SB. Generally, conspiracy theories only gain traction when a team loses T-sizzle. Would he be making this same argument about Goodell if Denver won the SB last season? What's the problem? For a leader on defense, Suggs seems obsessed with finding fault with everybody else except him. What, would you rather give your ring & team trophy back to the 49ers? Crazy just crazy.  :facepalm:

More people need to just embrace their conspiracy juices at times... ;)

2) The Steelers could have been a close second in terms of choices in 2005. I think the Colts were first and we even got the calls I felt in the divisional round. But, we blew it.

Overturning that Polamalu INT was one of the most pathetic displays of officiating I have ever witnessed. That was god awful. It was a clear int, then fumble, then recovery by PIT.

We deserved to lose that game and, thanks to domestic violence and a vandershank, we did.

" I thought, your commissioner is supposed to be neutral," Suggs said. "He ain't supposed to be on one side or the other; he's supposed to be in the box. I saw him on their sideline and I was like, huh, I know who he's going for. I think he definitely has his favorites."

Um, Genius...I use the term loosely Mr. Suggs....Is Roger Goodell being sequestered on a high profile murder trial as a member of a jury? Is Roger Goodell a judge ruling on a case with a clear conflict of interest personally or financially? Nope. According to your logic, the NFL Commissioner is not supposed to be friendly toward any teammate, front office executive, or owner simply because & I am inferring here that Roger Goodell refused to talk to you & probably fined you heavily for a tackle this season or a previous one. Grow up please. Thank you. 

Hey, do you believe these negative comments about the NFL Commissioner will help or hurt you the next time the league reviews a questionable hit? Not very smart Mr. Suggs...

So, the Commissioner is prohibited from liking any team or organization then? All complements are blind favortism...Please...

"He who has the gold makes the rules." Translation: The Commissioner has all the power. You have none. You would be best served financially to remain silent & not shrink your bank account. 

Overturning that Polamalu INT was one of the most pathetic displays of officiating I have ever witnessed. That was god awful. It was a clear int, then fumble, then recovery by PIT.

We deserved to lose that game and, thanks to domestic violence and a vandershank, we did.

As time goes on I don't feel so bad that we blew that season. Like you just said.....that was possibly one of the worst calls we have ever seen. And it happened to help THE COLTS. It was pathetic.

If we had gone on to win the game in OT and then won the SB we all would have heard about that call forever.

Uh, yeah. Goodell loves Elway so much. That's why the refs gave the Ravens a 21 point swing against Denver.

Suggs should sing the league's praises for making sure Ray Ray went out on top. It'll be the same thing for Peyton and Brady's last seasons.

Good point MOW. The league does appear to love compelling players like Lewis, Manning, & Brady that generate ratings. It's all about the TV viewing share, advertisers, & fan hysteria. 

The interesting question is this: If Manning had not made a fully recovery & his ratings plummeted, would the league abandon him like a hot potato? I wonder that myself...How quickly would the league play musical chairs to find his QB replacement?  

As time goes on I don't feel so bad that we blew that season. Like you just said.....that was possibly one of the worst calls we have ever seen. And it happened to help THE COLTS. It was pathetic.

If we had gone on to win the game in OT and then won the SB we all would have heard about that call forever.

Tell that to Patriots fans who seem to relish the edge Brady has over all contemporary QBs by virtue of a tuck rule SB and the house money that came along with it.  ;)

The league apparently always had a grudge with Al Davis, or was it Sept.11, 2001 that made it a feel good story when the Patriots won? Not sure.

INT or fumble or recovery, if you ask me personally, I'd take a SB with a call or two in my favor any day of the year. People that are not Colts fans are going to try and talk your SB win down one way or the other and it applies to us Colts fans too when someone other than the Colts win a SB :). So, I might as well take the SB and the whining from the opposition for years. I doubt the Steelers care about the Seahawks and Holmgren complaints about bogus PI call on offense taking away a TD.

Sometimes I think the Patriots are aliens sent from another planet disguised as a professional football team to torture and beat us forever. So yes they are here.

The real question is this: Are they toying with us like a chew toy or is this merely a cloak & dagger procedure for a full scale invasion? Hopefully, the aliens have no immunity/resistance to bacteria in our water. 

Didn't you ever see the film "War Of The Worlds" starring Tom Cruise? Just kidding! 

If Suggs wants to elaborate on a blackout theory & a rigged attempt to make Elway & Manning win the SB, I wanna hear this spine tingling tale from start to finish & tie it all the way back to Elway's rejection of INDY in the 1983 draft too. Hold Sugg's outlandish feet to the fire & entertain me man...

Get this crazy, delusional stuff in tape too. SW1 will supply the HD cameras, surround sound, & popcorn too.  :lol:  :funny:  lmao

Transformers can blow anytime anywhere. It happens & if enough go at once, entire city blocks are without power for 20 minutes to an hour & a half easy...

Jules, if you wanna talk conspiracy, let's go back to the 2005 SB at Ford Field & horrible zebra calls....Just pathetic....And Seattle lost. You don't see Matt Hasselbeck moaning & groaning do ya? 

Here's got a better case than Suggs does about unfair treatment IMO, but SW1 will drop it...Still ticks me off to this day, but I digress...

Suggs would be like the Porter guy of the Steelers, just more obnoxious and will make it a big deal even if a call here or there goes in favor of the Broncos or Pats stating that Goodell wants one of them to win. Hey, you got your calls or non-calls and got your Lombardi, why do you still keep whining?

Great comparison with Joey Porter Chad72! Another cry baby. Both talented players who loved fake outrage or manufactured controversy that they themselves created. Well said!  :thmup:

Uh, yeah. Goodell loves Elway so much. That's why the refs gave the Ravens a 21 point swing against Denver.

Suggs should sing the league's praises for making sure Ray Ray went out on top. It'll be the same thing for Peyton and Brady's last seasons.

If the NFL office was controlling things, the Ravens would never have won in Denver. Manning coming back after four neck surgeries, playing for John Elway, and winning the SB would have been a far bigger story than a washed up blowhard like Ray Lewis.

Ironically, I'm not sure that conspiracy is any more far fetched than a number of things that have actually happened in the NFL. 

I'm not saying I buy it or I don't, but at least for this one there's enough of a financial incentive for pulling it off that the motivation would be there. Of course, motivation alone doesn't prove guilt. Would it really surprise me to hear 20 years down the line that it was planned? Nah. Would it surprise me if it were just an accident? Again, nah.

The real question is this: Are they toying with us like a chew toy or is this merely a cloak & dagger procedure for a full scale invasion? Hopefully, the aliens have no immunity/resistance to bacteria in our water. 

Didn't you ever see the film "War Of The Worlds" starring Tom Cruise? Just kidding! 

I like the Southpark theory. That we Earthlings would make a terrific intergalactic reality television show. 

Sometimes I think the Patriots are aliens sent from another planet disguised as a professional football team to torture and beat us forever. So yes they are here.

You two...

Knock this conversation off, right now, or I dial up the Mother Ship and tell them to not bother using the probe warmer before they pick you up. And it's cold out there in space, so...

Hush now.

;)

Speaking of Suggs, caught this earlier today. At around 1:20 he starts talking about the Patriots and Brady.

"I don't like his hair." 

LOL...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4750155/suggs-not-fan-of-bradys-hair-smug-attitude

I know he was asked a lot of questions, but man... does that guy ever obsess over New England and its quarterback. It's almost flattering when you're so far inside someone's head like that.

If the NFL office was controlling things, the Ravens would never have won in Denver. Manning coming back after four neck surgeries, playing for John Elway, and winning the SB would have been a far bigger story than a washed up blowhard like Ray Lewis.

That washed up blowhard has two Super Bowl rings and will go down as the greatest linebacker of all time. If you don't think his retirement announcement helped the Raven's win last year, you don't know football. The Lewis and Suggs comments are silly, but not without humor.