Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griff Whalen waived

HtownColt

I  overstated his impact I get that but Brazill played in 16 games last year and had all of 1 catch for 11 yards, you also dont have have good numbers to show that you can find the hole in the zone, Its no secret Luck locks into targets and dont always see the wide open player, Now thats not an overreaction thats just the truth,.if your able to go back and watch Rewind you can see Whalen wide open inside the 20 vs the Raiders late in the game, I would be more exact about the particular play if Rewind was working for me right now

That's the truth according to you and some forum coaches....but I never hear that from far more qualified critics.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

you might want to re-check those numbers. Off the top of my head I remember him having a 40 yard td vs Detroit

yeah...off the top of my head Brazill had like 15 catches for 140 yards and 1 td.

you might want to re-check those numbers. Off the top of my head I remember him having a 40 yard td vs Detroit

:facepalm: mixed up, he actually had 11 catches for 186 yards in 2012, Hey we all make some dumb posts on occasion....Carry on nothing to see here

He had 2 receptions on 3 targets. One of them went for a first down. Those stats don't say he was good at anything. He was doing decent on ST. The Colts can get that production from pretty much anyone (Brazill is a much better ST player). Don't be dramatic and overstate his impact.

And that one first down came because of an obvious illegal pick set by Reggie the refs missed.

I dont even pay attention to him unless someone posts something he said here on the forum, Im not on twitter 24/7. Heck up till yesterday its been at least 2 months before I checked twitter

I didn't say u did. Point was, I wasn't referring to reporters/sports personalities when I said people far more qualified.

I didn't say u did. Point was, I wasn't referring to reporters/sports personalities when I said people far more qualified.

when I made the comment I made it from the All 22.......it can be seen if you DVR'd the game to I believe, My point being, I know he is not the most athletically gifted wr or tall or the fastest but he showed good hands and was crafty getting open, part of that is defensive players accounting for our more explosive players, Im not overreacting I dont think, I just think we could have waived someone else, But I expect Whalen to be back either way

So what the heck is the story with Reed...he was gonna be cut before we traded for him...he does not seem like anything special and has not done anything...why does he keep surviving cuts/waivers?...gotta be big pals with Pagano from Baltimore Ravens days...maybe Pagano feels he owes him something.

I  overstated his impact I get that but Brazill played in 16 games last year and had all of 1 catch for 11 yards, you also dont have have good numbers to show that you can find the hole in the zone, Its no secret Luck locks into targets and dont always see the wide open player, Now thats not an overreaction thats just the truth,.if your able to go back and watch Rewind you can see Whalen wide open inside the 20 vs the Raiders late in the game, I would be more exact about the particular play if Rewind was working for me right now

Agreed, and I remember the play. He is a fine WR to fill out the bottom of the roster and does know how to work a zone but I think Brazill just has way more upside. Brazill actually had 12 catches last year for 186 yards and a TD, including the 42 yard TD catch during the Lions comeback. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15033/lavon-brazill

Brazill also was a very solid ST contributor last year and made a handful of awesome plays as a gunner.

Guest TeamLoloJones

ugh

horrible idea

Really? How is that a horrible idea?  You give up a backup qb that (hopefully) never plays meaningful snaps for one of the most talented WRs in the entire league.

Really? How is that a horrible idea?  You give up a backup qb that (hopefully) never plays meaningful snaps for one of the most talented WRs in the entire league.

britt is a complete *

there is a reason he is on the block.  the titans don't want him.  why should we?

keep that trash away from this team

I think he was more like 11 for 146 and a TD

So what the heck is the story with Reed...he was gonna be cut before we traded for him...he does not seem like anything special and has not done anything...why does he keep surviving cuts/waivers?...gotta be big pals with Pagano from Baltimore Ravens days...maybe Pagano feels he owes him something.

Oh yes, that must be it.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Why would the Colts want a player who was booed by the fans and benched in the 4 Q?  Kenny Who?

Heyward-Bey has had that happen to him.

Guest TeamLoloJones

He's out 4-6 weeks, designated to return is at least 8 weeks, no way Werner gets put on that

Yeah...I was just throwing the idea out there.  But you never know what coaches will deem necessary.

Hughes = a potential need depending on Havili.

Whalen = our now 4th string wr who doesn't play st nor is a need.

I agree with your first point.

However, Whalen was in on coverage for at least one KO.  It was against the 49ers, the first time they tackled the returner at the 10ish yard line. 

I like Whalen, but the dude seems slow for NFL standards. 

I agree with your first point.

However, Whalen was in on coverage for at least one KO. It was against the 49ers, the first time they tackled the returner at the 10ish yard line.

I like Whalen, but the dude seems slow for NFL standards.

Oh didn't even notice he was out there. He does, but seems to make up with it with smarts. But he suffers from a numbers game. Reggie, DHB, Ty, Brazil all day any day over Whalen. And I even like him.