Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How about 'dem Chefs?

ColtsBlueFL

Who would have thought the AFC West was going to have two great teams this year?

Looks like the Chargers & the Raiders are not going to have a shot at the playoffs this year.

I thought Alex would do well with Reid, and I knew KC had a closet full of Pro Bowl caliber players, yet I'm still still stoked for those Chef's fans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmgice3ieZ4

They won't be going to no Super Bowl as long as Andy Reid is the coach. That is a fact.

It's ironic that you would say this for multiple reasons - one already pointed out by jvan.

The other is the fact that the man is living proof of what many of us already believe, that football is the ONE sport where a coach can make a material difference on wins and loses. The other current proof is of course YOUR OWN TEAM. For you to take the opportunity to suggest that they will ultimately fail because of him makes no sense.

Reid's a good coach and the Chiefs are a bit scary at this point. Whether they can get past the top teams without a top QB is the question.

It's ironic that you would say this for multiple reasons - one already pointed out by jvan.

The other is the fact that the man is living proof of what many of us already believe, that football is the ONE sport where a coach can make a material difference on wins and loses. The other current proof is of course YOUR OWN TEAM. For you to take the opportunity to suggest that they will ultimately fail because of him makes no sense.

Reid's a good coach and the Chiefs are a bit scary at this point. Whether they can get past the top teams without a top QB is the question.

Reid has that defense rated #1 in advanced metrics 1/4th of the way through the regular season. With the offense also looking pretty sharp with Alex Smith under center, the Chiefs would likely be far flung favorites to win their division if they didn't have to share one with the Broncos. That's a wildcard team minimum, and if they get through the first round, they could make a playoff run. KC is scary yo, and the biggest major change they made was adding Andy Reid and giving him the reins of both the roster and playcalling.

If there's only a little dropoff as the season goes on, and he doesn't win coach of the year, it would be a crime. 

This. ^ ^ ^    As for the bolded part, the Chiefs Team is good enough to win, A. Smith is good enough to get points, and he wil NOT throw it away with an untimely pick or fumble.  He likely will not overcome the best playoff teams D if down late.  But can his team get and hold one, yes. I think they can

Reid has that defense rated #1 in advanced metrics 1/4th of the way through the regular season. With the offense also looking pretty sharp with Alex Smith under center, the Chiefs would likely be far flung favorites to win their division if they didn't have to share one with the Broncos. That's a wildcard team minimum, and if they get through the first round, they could make a playoff run. KC is scary yo, and the biggest major change they made was adding Andy Reid and giving him the reins of both the roster and playcalling.

If there's only a little dropoff as the season goes on, and he doesn't win coach of the year, it would be a crime. 

Consider this my official proclamation of being on the wagon, sippin the served drinks btw.

Consider this my official proclamation of being on the wagon, sippin the served drinks btw.

What the Eagles dont seem to get is Andy Reid was not the real problem, They are 1-3 with a good head coach, He is creative offensively, he seems to be a players coach, yet like I said they are 1-3...why? Look no further then who they have behind Center, Vick has shown very little progress from a QB skill point since coming into the league, He does have 5 td passes and only 2 int's but he takes way to many sacks,

What the Eagles dont seem to get is Andy Reid was not the real problem, They are 1-3 with a good head coach, He is creative offensively, he seems to be a players coach, yet like I said they are 1-3...why? Look no further then who they have behind Center, Vick has shown very little progress from a QB skill point since coming into the league, He does have 5 td passes and only 2 int's but he takes way to many sacks,

I think Johnny Football would be a good fit for Chip Kelly's O.

Guest TeamLoloJones

the chiefs are extremely talented. give them a top tier qb and they would be superbowl favorites

in other words, i would sell on alex smith

If Flacco can win a Superbowl so can Alex Smith.

Alex Smith is not good...come on Sky, you know that.

Alex Smith? Come on man

I'd take most NFL QBs over Alex.

I'd take Matt Hassellbeck over Alex..

Id take Matt Schaub over Alex..I'd take Carson Palmer over Alex.

His teams carry him...don't read stats..watch him play

Alex Smith doesnt wow, but hes mistake free, unlike many of the guys you mentioned. Also taking Fitzpatrick to do ANYTHING against the KC defense is silly.

Youre too caught up in the QB league hype to see that this is a game where QB play is largely irrelevant. Alex Smith makes less mistakes and has the better defense to support him. Thats all that KC needs to win.

I called them to be 13-3 this season.  Now that may still be high, but i am in no way surprised by them doing so well.  I still call them winning more than 10 games probably  11, very good chance for 12.  And i have the forum posts to prove i called it.

The other is the fact that the man is living proof of what many of us already believe, that football is the ONE sport where a coach can make a material difference on wins and loses.

Which is why Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady, because we all know its Belichick that deserves the praise. Pretty sad when Peyton can take a team with Jim Caldwell to the Superbowl. Hope Jim enjoyed all those boogers he picked in the film room.

Alex Smith is not good...come on Sky, you know that.

Alex Smith? Come on man

I'd take most NFL QBs over Alex.

I'd take Matt Hassellbeck over Alex..

Id take Matt Schaub over Alex..I'd take Carson Palmer over Alex.

His teams carry him...don't read stats..watch him play

KC had such a terrific defense and running game last year that many couldn't figure out how they won so few games. The blame went to the QB and the coaches, and both have been significantly updated. Not surprising that they are now a winning team.

Smith may not be "the guy" to win a game by himself, but he doesn't have to. And their schedule looks to be easier than Tenns - I'm not sure what you are alluding to.

The linchpin for both teams may well be their head to head matchup and both of their games with SD. Essentially, we have to see how those three rank 1-3. If one dominates those matchups they may make the playoffs, if one losses all they have virtually no chance. Until those matchup's occur, it's a bit premature to assume which of the three is better. However losing your starting QB is USUALLY a major problem. Fitzgerald has had moments of inspiration, but he's also more than capable of losing a game - or ten - without much assistance. I watched Peyton play KC last year, and it seems unlikely that Fitzgerald is going to carve them up.

The linchpin for both teams may well be their head to head matchup and both of their games with SD. Essentially, we have to see how those three rank 1-3.

Whoops - forgot that TN already squeezed past SD (at home with their starting QB). They have a head up in that "race", but there's a long way to go.

There have been a few super bowl winners who didn't have great or even average QBs. Ravens- Dilfer / Bucs-Johnson / Redskins-Rypien / Raiders-Plunkett / Bears-McMahon . These QBs may have had good games but were not considered top QBs by any means.