Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

10 quarters two TDs given up

GoColts8818

The Colts defense is finally put the D in InDy!  The Colts have given a total of 20 points in those last 10 quarters.  If we keep playing like that this team will go places.  Also I know four of those came against the Jags but six came against Miami who is unbeaten and the defending NFC Champion 49ers. 

We ended the last four games of last season by giving up one TD per game.  Sure, we gave up a lot of yards, but it tells me that we had something going and it was going in the right direction.  Looks like it's continuing in that direction and getting better.

Personally, I don't think we'll ever see another dominant D in the NFL, the rules just don't allow it.  The winning combination is a good D (which I think we are) and an O that can hold the ball, and be effective on the ground or in the air.

Big test next week.  The Seahawks didn't light the world on fire today.  They can be beat.

We ended the last four games of last season by giving up one TD per game.  Sure, we gave up a lot of yards, but it tells me that we had something going and it was going in the right direction.  Looks like it's continuing in that direction and getting better.

Personally, I don't think we'll ever see another dominant D in the NFL, the rules just don't allow it.  The winning combination is a good D (which I think we are) and an O that can hold the ball, and be effective on the ground or in the air.

Big test next week.  The Seahawks didn't light the world on fire today.  They can be beat.

That would be a big get because it would give us a common opponent win over a team that beat the Texans.  Might be important for tie breakers down the road. 

That would be a big get because it would give us a common opponent win over a team that beat the Texans.  Might be important for tie breakers down the road. 

Confidence should be high.  I wonder if Seattle will go home and then travel to Indy.  I'll take any advantage we can get.

The Colts defense is finally put the D in InDy!  The Colts have given a total of 20 points in those last 10 quarters.  If we keep playing like that this team will go places.  Also I know four of those came against the Jags but six came against Miami who is unbeaten and the defending NFC Champion 49ers.

It's only week 4..

Let's see what we do against Seattle, Denver and Houston before we go overboard here.

It's only week 4..

Let's see what we do against Seattle, Denver and Houston before we go overboard here.

Even the best Ds don't always look great against the best teams in the league.

Our problem was looking bad playing good teams. AND horrible bad teams.

Definitely a better unit here then we are used to.

It's only week 4..

As fans, we can think whatever we want. As long as the players aren't looking ahead, we'll be OK. Why do people constantly tell other fans to temper their enthusiasm? It doesn't matter what we think.

As fans, we can think whatever we want. As long as the players aren't looking ahead, we'll be OK. Why do people constantly tell other fans to temper their enthusiasm? It doesn't matter what we think.

because sometimes fans can develop unrealistic expectations based on a very small sample size and then bash them when they don't live up to those expecations.  I don't think I am doing that here.  I don't think the defense is going to go the next 10 quarters and do the samething because we will be playing better teams but as someone else pointed out this defense used to not have runs like this vs. bad teams in the past.  The fact that they did is a sign at least to me that they are getting better and deserved a pat on the back on a really good couple of weeks. 

It's only week 4..

Agreed, one thing is for sure we are a more physical bunch on D.  Not to mention we played without RJF and Laundry.  Next week will be very telling.  If we bring this physicality on defense vs. Seattle, they aren't running the ball on us.  The biggest question I have is, can we run the ball on them?  Thats a real test.  

Agreed, one thing is for sure we are a more physical bunch on D.  Not to mention we played without RJF and Laundry.  Next week will be very telling.  If we bring this physicality on defense vs. Seattle, they aren't running the ball on us.  The biggest question I have is, can we run the ball on them?  Thats a real test.

Lynch will get his gains and Wilson will make great plays..

We need to put together long scoring drives and limit our mistakes..

And take full advantage of our opportunities..

Without the fans their is no nfl.

In some weird way we are the only ones who matter.

I said: "As fans, we can think whatever we want. As long as the players aren't looking ahead, we'll be OK. Why do people constantly tell other fans to temper their enthusiasm? It doesn't matter what we think."

Answer my question. I understand your point, but what does that have to do with what I said? Why should I have to temper my enthusiasm because some person tells me to? My giddiness towards the colts has nothing to do with how the team will perform.

I said: "As fans, we can think whatever we want. As long as the players aren't looking ahead, we'll be OK. Why do people constantly tell other fans to temper their enthusiasm? It doesn't matter what we think."

Answer my question. I understand your point, but what does that have to do with what I said? Why should I have to temper my enthusiasm because some person tells me to? My giddiness towards the colts has nothing to do with how the team will perform.

I stand corrected.

Totally misunderstood you there..

Guest TeamLoloJones

Not to nitpick...but isn't it 2 tds in 11 quarters? Dolphins scored 3 in the 2nd quarter.

Without the fans their is no nfl.

In some weird way we are the only ones who matter.

(This response is not at you, but at this idea)True. However, what gets missed with this point is the fact that there will always be fans and one fan as an individual gets confused about their actual worth to the NFL. I will pull out this analogy that I have used before....

It is true to state that Mcdonalds needs customers, but it is not true that they need ME. There is a line of people waiting for me to shut up so they can buy food if I stand there and complain about Mcdonalds. My point is, the NFL needs fans as a whole, but they don't need an individual fan, or even groups that are large and have strong opinions. Heck, if the Cowboy franchise, which is probably the largest group of fans in the league were to have their team taken away and they revolted with all their voice, the league would just keep trodding on, growing in popularity across the globe.

It is nice to make a statement that the NFL IS the fans, because it is true, but if your voice is outside of the mass or the central want of the NFL fan as a whole, your voice of any complaint or disappointment is akin to a tree falling in the forest and no one is around to hear it. Bill Gates needs people to buy computers with his product inside, but he doesn't need ME to buy one.