Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• "The manner in which the Dolphins have handled Tagovailoa’s first year in the NFL ― bringing him along slowly rather than thrusting him immediately into action ― has drawn praise from across the NFL."   “They should write an NFL self-help book on how to handle a rookie quarterback, and (Dolphins head coach) Brian Flores should author it,” said Gil Brandt, the Hall of Fame front office executive who spent nearly 30 years with the Dallas Cowboys.   Ryan Fitzpatrick, Miami’s starting quarterback for the team’s first six games, was also lauded for his handling of the situation.   “There’s not a better QB to learn from and grow under than Ryan Fitzpatrick,” wrote Schefter on social media. “There’s also not a better QB to helping out any QB who replaced him.”   Flores was not under pressure to bring Tua in before he was deemed ready. After a bizarre NFL preseason, Flores must feel Tagovailoa is now ready to be initiated as the Dolphins franchise QB.
    • No way any team will acquire Brissett with thoughts of him being their starter. He may hookup somewhere as a 2nd/3rd stringer and inherit the starting job due to injury. But that would only be temporary until the starter came back or until season ends.
    • Your initial post read: "I don't know. I kinda put him in the Kenny Anderson category. Great QB with stats to back it up, but no or little success in the post season. He'll get in, but not before Eli and Ben"   Kinda seems like stats mean something.  And your logic is totally flawed.  The HOF has a lot of factors and it is for individual players, not for teams.  Therefore, stats do matter.  If the HOF selection criteria was based mainly on playoff success, like you suggest in this post (contradicting your first post), then Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson and Jim McMahon all are more deserving of a HOF spot than Dan Marino.  You realize how smart you sound?   Yes, I understand it's a more pass happy league now.  In his 16 NFL seasons, Kenny Anderson was a top 10 QB in 4, maybe 5 of those years (~25%).  In his 14 seasons as a starter, Rivers has been top 10 in 12 or 13 of them  (>85%) - many of them in the top 5.   The case for Kenny Anderson to be a HOFer is a very long shot (maybe his 1 MVP year out of 16?? No).  The case for Rivers as a HOFer is a 100% sure shot, he is well-deserving of it.  Winning a SB would be icing on the cake.    
    • Ben is still playing so you can't say that with any reality.  I think Rivers gets in first ballet unlike some who don't.  The thing is players have to wait five years. Opinions change over that time.  A lot of fans don't realize that 48 members of the HOF vote on who gets in and when they get in.   
    • I think they'd jump on a 3rd if they could get it.  But I'm not sure the Boys could afford a backup at his rate.   Plus, we're still in win now mode (for now) so they'll want to keep him as insurance.
  • Members