Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Football Outsiders: Colts have the best run blocking O-line through first two weeks.

Dustin

Two games...really??? Also according to the first two games the 49ers have one of the worst defenses in football and we all know that isn't true. I do think our OL is better but I doubt we are a top 5 running team...unless Trent goes beast mode I think we will be in the top half passing and rushing...probably 10-15 each...that isn't bad because it makes it very hard to defend but I believe we will run the ball a lot to set up play action. We aren't Houston yet...but that is exactly what we are trying to be really. Funny how 5-10 yrs ago everyone was trying to immulate us...now we are immulating SF and Houston. lol

yep. Didn't see that. But that's only like 2-3 plays so it doesn't really effect it.

yeah.

I don't follow stats other than if someone quotes the reg NFL stats which are bogus... I counter with FO. So when I saw the topic FO has colts no 1 at R block I went huh?? Had to check that out lol. Its the stuff run that gets you up there which is a good stat. Open field not good unlike NE:)  Maybe that's why Grigson went out and got a good RB :)

Two games...really??? Also according to the first two games the 49ers have one of the worst defenses in football and we all know that isn't true. I do think our OL is better but I doubt we are a top 5 running team...unless Trent goes beast mode I think we will be in the top half passing and rushing...probably 10-15 each...that isn't bad because it makes it very hard to defend but I believe we will run the ball a lot to set up play action. We aren't Houston yet...but that is exactly what we are trying to be really. Funny how 5-10 yrs ago everyone was trying to immulate us...now we are immulating SF and Houston. lol

That's "emulate."

That, or we're trying to "immolate" Houston.  Which I'd be in favor of.

Not really gonna matter. No one really runs on the 49ers. Hopefully Pep Hamilton sticks to his logic he made in the off-season where he said we'll attack the defense's weakness.

I'm hoping we pass to set the run up and not vice versa tomorrow

I'm taking a wait and see approach on this one.  People used the same logic when it came to the Dolphins as well.

I would agree if it were last years team because we had a heck of a time running on Miami in 2012.  That was one

thing I noticed with this 2013 Colts team in that Miami game last week.  We had some pretty good running lanes

most of the time in that game.  That told me that our team had gotten better in that area..

I certainly know the Niners are stout, but I'm not going to say we can't run on them until they prove it to us.

I'm taking a wait and see approach on this one. People used the same logic when it came to the Dolphins as well.

I would agree if it were last years team because we had a heck of a time running on Miami in 2012. That was one

thing I noticed with this 2013 Colts team in that Miami game last week. We had some pretty good running lanes

most of the time in that game. That told me that our team had gotten better in that area..

I certainly know the Niners are stout, but I'm not going to say we can't run on them until they prove it to us.

Im not saying it "can't" be done cause we've all seen teams actually do it. I'm just giving their defense credit where it's due. Its possible to run on any team, but the 49ers are harder too run on then other teams is what I was saying

Of course this hardly passes the eye test.

ESPN stats show us virtually tied for 6th in rush yards.

We have 260 yards with Andrew having 76 of them.

Worth a laugh tho as a Homer tracker.

Andrew will continue to run a lot as our pass protection fails and he breaks off from staring down his primary receiver.

I really don't get some fans here sometimes.  It's like some just want to be unhappy.  Someone posts something that says hey these guys said we are good at something and the reaction from several here? To tear it apart and talk about how we really aren't that good and if you think we are good at something you are just kidding yourself.  I think some might want to look up the word fan in the dictionary because it's one thing to not be a homer it's another to criticize EVERYTHING the team does or is said about them if it's nice. 

Not really gonna matter. No one really runs on the 49ers. Hopefully Pep Hamilton sticks to his logic he made in the off-season where he said we'll attack the defense's weakness.

I'm hoping we pass to set the run up and not vice versa tomorrow

Lynch ran for 98 yards and two touchdowns and our O-line run blocks better than theirs... Let's just see what happens. I think the two backs aren't that far apart in skill although Lynch is more seasoned... and seems determined to embarrass the Niners every chance he gets.

I'm taking a wait and see approach on this one.  People used the same logic when it came to the Dolphins as well.

I would agree if it were last years team because we had a heck of a time running on Miami in 2012.  That was one

thing I noticed with this 2013 Colts team in that Miami game last week.  We had some pretty good running lanes

most of the time in that game.  That told me that our team had gotten better in that area..

Great call Krunk....I didn't really think we were a top 10 running team but I may change my mind as 3 games is a trend. We are starting to see more proof that we can consistantly run. I will be honest I didn't think we would be so good with it today...I thought we would have a little success but not this much. Great job INDY!! I will eat my words because I thought it would be a close game but I didn't think winning on the road in SF we could do. I love how now.....we can run the ball in short yardage and on the goal line....I mean wow...Luck, Richardson, Bradshaw....all can get in the endzone...something we haven't been able to do well in so many years I can't even recall. We always would get stacked up in obvious short yardage run situations and now...we are winning those....that is soo awesome.

Sometimes, these rankings don't mean anything. But this is a significant improvement for our team. We haven't had anything resembling a balanced offense since 2007.

Yep. I remember last season they were dead last and 2nd to last in stuffed rate for most of the year.... Now? 4th with only 13%.

Progress.

Edit: They ended up ranked 30th with 25%.