Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Lewis isn't convinced SB blackout was an accident

chad72

Did anyone read the article that come out recently where Flacco said he liked Ray's pre-game speeches but, for the most part, couldn't understand what he was saying about 90% of the time?

Yeah, that. Ray Lewis = crazy, people.

I did read that article. I am by far not a Raven fan but it was funny for Flacco to speak his mind on Lewis. I have to give him so kudos for even going there in Baltimore. I could write a book on why I dislike Lewis but those who feel that way don't need an explanation.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the blackout was intentional. In my years as a sports fan and studying sports history, it'd hardly be the most unbelievable thing that actually happened anyways. Just take this offseason for example: An owner getting his Super Bowl ring from the one they got caught cheating in gets his ring jacked by the Russian president? That belongs in a Seinfeld episode, but lo and behold, Vlad's got a nice fat piece of Patriot ice in his collection now.

And that's speaking purely on weird things that've happened and ignoring the elephant in the room, which is that sports gambling is a multi-billion dollar industry (illegal estimates peg it much higher) and any other possible conspiracy theories about rigging. The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense.

At first I thougt he was just crazy.. but now I see he's nuts.. haha

Did anyone read the article that come out recently where Flacco said he liked Ray's pre-game speeches but, for the most part, couldn't understand what he was saying about 90% of the time?

Yeah, that. Ray Lewis = crazy, people.

It's Jesse Jackson syndrome.

Ray Lewis shut up.  Go out on top, don't destroy your image.  You beat 2 murders, had a HOF career and went out on top with a SB ring to add to the other one you had.  Now shut up, become an analyst, and go into the HOF.

As long as it's not National, or in my Region, I'm O.K. with it.

Has there ever been a group of players that make more excuses when they lose (or in this case, even when they win) than the Baltimore Ravens? I know we have some fanbases that do...but it seems every time the Ravens fall short its the players that whine and come out with excuse after excuse after conspiracy after conspiracy...

I'm surprised to read all the hatred towards Ray. Perhaps my favorite player ever and one of the nicest people I've ever met.

The hatred towards Ray comes from his public persona, and the media's concentration on it. That, and he's got a suspicious past.

I'm sure he may be a nice guy, now, whether it be always, or you caught him on a good day. I'll never know, but I don't doubt he may be a nice guy (suspicious past aside).

Personally, I don't find his method of inspiration inspiring. I find it rather annoying, but that's just me.

Problem with public figures is that, they are what we see on TV, as most all of us will never meet them. What we see on TV is what they are. Dennis Rodman is another public figure I've heard similar things about. He acts like an * in public. Therefore, I believe he's an *, even if only to accommodate what he wants me to think of him.

Though, this is just my opinion. I can't pretend to represent what others think. But that should be understood.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the blackout was intentional. In my years as a sports fan and studying sports history, it'd hardly be the most unbelievable thing that actually happened anyways. Just take this offseason for example: An owner getting his Super Bowl ring from the one they got caught cheating in gets his ring jacked by the Russian president? That belongs in a Seinfeld episode, but lo and behold, Vlad's got a nice fat piece of Patriot ice in his collection now.

And that's speaking purely on weird things that've happened and ignoring the elephant in the room, which is that sports gambling is a multi-billion dollar industry (illegal estimates peg it much higher) and any other possible conspiracy theories about rigging. The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense.

I'm with you.  I'm not going to say that's the case, but if it were, I wouldn't at all be surprised.

Has there ever been a group of players that make more excuses when they lose (or in this case, even when they win) than the Baltimore Ravens? I know we have some fanbases that do...but it seems every time the Ravens fall short its the players that whine and come out with excuse after excuse after conspiracy after conspiracy...

Yes, that would be the Cowboys, closely followed by the Eagles and Jets.

The belief in conspiracy indicates a need to have things make timely sense...when things disrupt your life.....things happen when they affect you at significant moments

Most of life doesnt make timely sense..but a power failure at a sporting event isn't uncommon, does make sense and really isn't open to conspiracy...

Ray wouldn't have said what he said had it been a Baltimore-SF an exhibition game..

The belief in conspiracy indicates a need to have things make timely sense...when things disrupt your life.....things happen when they affect you at significant moments

Most of life doesnt make timely sense..but a power failure at a sporting event isn't uncommon, does make sense and really isn't open to conspiracy...

Ray wouldn't have said what he said had it been a Baltimore-SF an exhibition game..

You are right on that bolded part. It was the SB and a lot was riding on it for players, and the ones that make large bets on the game scores too like Hans insinuated.

Even if I buy just a tad bit into the conspiracy theory that Ray is rambling about, it is a bit far fetched to me that lights going out because of Vegas interests regarding the spread of the score would magically transform the 49ers' play on the field after a power outage.

That is why it makes it nonsense to me overall, the conspiracy theory. :)

Plus, the fact that teams that have big leads in NFL games take their foot off the gas thus letting the other team back into the game is more commonplace than Ray seems to be willing to acknowledge.

You are right on that bolded part. It was the SB and a lot was riding on it for players, and the ones that make large bets on the game scores too like Hans insinuated.

Even if I buy just a tad bit into the conspiracy theory that Ray is rambling about, it is a bit far fetched to me that lights going out because of Vegas interests regarding the spread of the score would magically transform the 49ers' play on the field after a power outage.

That is why it makes it nonsense to me overall, the conspiracy theory. :)

Plus, the fact that teams that have big leads in NFL games take their foot off the gas thus letting the other team back into the game is more commonplace than Ray seems to be willing to acknowledge.

Don't think it's as much about vegas as it is about viewership.  The game goes out of hand in the early third, and the umpteen millions of viewers vanish. 

His quote++++

"How could it end any other way than that?" Lewis said. "And now I get to ride into the sunset with my second ring".

I'll tell you how Ray, by sounding like you got hit in the head too many times.

HIs lack of acknowledgement for his QB and 2 WR that basically carried his hind end to a SB ring in a playoff run that showed his days as a player were over, removed any respect I had for the man.

The cost to networks for that kilowatt blunder removes any credibiity to having it done on purpose. The thought is even hard to comprehend.

The only thing that ticked me off about the Ravens is they acted like they were the Patriots big rivals...

I'm pretty sure that title belongs to another "Baltimore" team. Were the Ravens not paying attention to the NFL for the past decade? :lol:

All I'll say is, that flag should have been thrown on that last play.  The same way a whistle should have been blown when Chris Bosh fouled Danny Green in the NBA Finals.

Crabtree ran a crap route....the ref shouldn't have bailed him out.

The only thing that ticked me off about the Ravens is they acted like they were the Patriots big rivals...

I'm pretty sure that title belongs to another "Baltimore" team. Were the Ravens not paying attention to the NFL for the past decade? :lol:

They had to. It was the only way the media would cover Terrell Suggs. :D

All I'll say is, that flag should have been thrown on that last play.  The same way a whistle should have been blown when Chris Bosh fouled Danny Green in the NBA Finals.

Borderline call I think. What I couldn't understand is why Harbaugh had Kaep throw four straight times from the 5 when he and Gore were the best RBs on the field.

Borderline call I think. What I couldn't understand is why Harbaugh had Kaep throw four straight times from the 5 when he and Gore were the best RBs on the field.

I will say this, I DO believe the 49ers should have lost that game.  But I will say this, that was horrible coaching on that final sequence.  You have Frank Gore, one of the best lines, and KP.  How do you not run some type of option or QB sneak?

I will say this, I DO believe the 49ers should have lost that game.  But I will say this, that was horrible coaching on that final sequence.  You have Frank Gore, one of the best lines, and KP.  How do you not run some type of option or QB sneak?

I know. Most bizarre play calling I have seen given the personnel on the field. I would have run either Gore or Kaep all four times.

Crap route or not, Smith didn't have to hold him either.

EDIT:  Not to mention Smith was still holding Crabtree while falling down.

Crabtree was attempting to do the oldest trick in the book (or the micheal irvin)......create contact then push off with the forearm. Smith didn't fall for it and neither did the ref. This has been pointed out by both Chris Carter and Dick Sherman.

Crabtree was attempting to do the oldest trick in the book (or the micheal irvin)......create contact then push off with the forearm. Smith didn't fall for it and neither did the ref. This has been pointed out by both Chris Carter and Dick Sherman.

I understand Crabtree was trying to create space by "decisively" push off on Jimmy Smith (mind you, that was happening on both sides of the ball ALL game), but deliberately hold someone, not even try to hide, but wrap your arms around someone and literally hold them is unacceptable.  I'm not saying to look the other way on the attempted push off, but it's different ways of preventing space from being made than wrapping up a WR.  In any other game, that "push off" wouldn't have been called but that hold would have been.

I understand Crabtree was trying to create space by "decisively" push off on Jimmy Smith (mind you, that was happening on both sides of the ball ALL game), but deliberately hold someone, not even try to hide, but wrap your arms around someone and literally hold them is unacceptable.  I'm not saying to look the other way on the attempted push off, but it's different ways of preventing space from being made than wrapping up a WR.  In any other game, that "push off" wouldn't have been called but that hold would have been.

To me it was the perfect no call

I'm pretty sure that title belongs to a FORMER "Baltimore" team. Were the Ravens not paying attention to the NFL for the past decade? :lol:

Fixed it for ya buddy :thmup:   

The Colts - Patriots  Manning - Brady   that was a  rivalry that both teams fans looked forward too every year ..                         

:colts:

I have a zagruder film of John Elway kicking out the power plug to the electric transmitter at the Superdome, when the Ravens were up 28- 6. He was angry after he was caught smirking and shaking hands in his sky box , before the Flacco bomb hit, and he spilled his Robroy on his thousand dollar suit.