Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Secondary

BlueCollarColts

Andre Johnson is a sure fire HOF, in my opinion. The guys stats are ridiculous and for the Texans first couple years, was the only offensive weapon they had. Johnson is very much "elite"

Vontae had a decent game against him in the last game of the season, last year. Which makes me hopeful that he can keep AJ in check.

The secondary is looking better and better each week and I think with Landry coming in yesterday, helped take the pressure off some of the other players which is why they gave up so few first downs when they were in the game.

What schedule are you looking at?....fitzgerarld, vernon davis, aquan boldin, demaryius thomas, eric decker, mike wallace, aj green.....luckily we might not see percy harvin he would've been a problem

Boldin: NOT ELITE. He had ONE good postseason. Don't believe the hype

Mike Wallace: NOT ELITE. One trick pony

Vernon Davis: NOT ELITE WR. He's a TE

And forgot about Fitzgerald. Hasn't had a good QB in forever thought he vanished from the earth

And forgot about Fitzgerald. Hasn't had a good QB in forever thought he vanished from the earth

agree on all points, but would definitely preface that by saying that we face a lot of very good receivers this season... Elite is a tricky word.

As far as Elite receivers are concerned, none of the guys you listed have reached that status, IMO except Fitz. That guy puts up numbers with scrubs throwing to him all day... He will have a very big year, but I think the Cards will be awful FTMP... If Fitz were on the Texans, Titans, or Jags, we would spend a ton of time game planning to keep the ball away from him... There aren't many GMs in the league that wouldn't trade #1 receivers with the Cards...

Mike Wallace may be overrated as a receiver but we better keep him in front of our corners because we dont have anyone that can catch him. He can take the top off.

Vernon is a TE true but he will line up wideout more this year and at 6'3" 255lbs and runs a 4.37-40yd. That isnt even human and yes VD is Elite.

I agree Fitz has not had a QB in Arizona since K.Warner. But under Bruce Arians offense and Palmer has just enough arm left to get Fitz back to the Elite wr he is. Larry is the most talented receiver in the league.

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN 39m

Not a coincidence that #Colts HC Chuck Pagano was once a very highly regarded DB Coach when you look at how the secondary is playing.

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN 52m

Toler one of the few CB's in the league that can truly play off man/zone coverage using a true back pedal. Refreshing to see. #Colts

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN 52m

could not separate 1 on 1. Davis and Toler could be an exceptional pairing if they can both stay healthy. #Colts

really? boldin has the record for the fastest to get 400, 500, and 600 receptions....he has the most receiving yards in a game (271) most receptions in his first 26 games with 157 he's tied with fitzgerald most seasons with 100+ receptions....and he's not elite? smh dont get wallace confused with desean jackson thinking all he can do is run steak routes and post routes because of his speed he does more than that.....vernon davis will line up as a wr this season so he has to be considered a wr

really? boldin has the record for the fastest to get 400, 500, and 600 receptions....he has the most receiving yards in a game (271) most receptions in his first 26 games with 157 he's tied with fitzgerald most seasons with 100+ receptions....and he's not elite?

To be fair, he set all of those record when he was in his prime. He's not in his prime anymore. I still think he's dangerous, but he's more of like a top 20 guy imo.

"I've watched the tape four times and all four times their (the Colts) coverage was really, really good," Weeden said.

From an article on NFL.com 

Even if it's from a mediocre QB like Weeden it's very encouraging.

Off topic, but IMO Weeden is much better than a mediocre QB.  If he'd been 5 years younger I think he'd have been drafted before RG3...certainly before Tannehill.

Tk I love ya man, but this is just not your argument to win haha. Only point I agree with you on is Wallace.

Off topic, but IMO Weeden is much better than a mediocre QB. If he'd been 5 years younger I think he'd have been drafted before RG3...certainly before Tannehill.

Weeden drafted before RG3, under the those circumstances? I just can't see that happening then either. Griffin, to me, is still a better passer and not to mention everything else he brings to the table. I do agree he would have been drafted before Tannehill and also agree that Weeden is actually a decent QB.

Denver will obviously be the biggest challenge. Vontae vs Thomas, Toler vs Decker, Butler vs. Welker. Looks scary.

Yep. Hopefully, all 3 are healthy for those matchups to materialize. I am not scared of Decker but DT and Welker will be tougher to deal with.

What schedule are you looking at?....fitzgerarld, vernon davis, aquan boldin, demaryius thomas, eric decker, mike wallace, aj green.....luckily we might not see percy harvin he would've been a problem

Boldin and Decker aren't elite IMO. Very good, but not the absolute cream of the crop. And technically Davis is a TE lol.

Our Secondary has been impressive

Elite status often depends on everyone around you for Reggie Wayne probably would have not gain "elite" status if he was not paired up with Marvin to start his career and had Peyton and now Andrew as his QB.

Mike Wallace has the chance to prove he is "elite" now that he has moved to Miami

Look at Kevin Kolb and Matt Cassel who many thought were on the verge of the elite title after their play with their original teams but flamed out with the Cards and Chiefs.