Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tim Tebow vs Bucs.

Dustin

God this dude was so awful. I'm not usually one to make thread about 3rd string QBs who are likely to be cut before the season starts, but my god this dude was so terrible tonight. He didn't throw a SINGLE accurate pass in the game (besides a screen that went for -1 yards).

Even if it was just pre-season, that was absolutely horrid. His stat line for this pre-season is:

5/19, for 54 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT (sacked 3 times). 10 carries for 60 yards.

This is from a guy who some people think is starter quality playing against 3rd string defenses.

I think there is a spot for Tim Tebow in the NFL, I just don't think it's as a NFL QB.  Surely even he has to be starting to figure this out.  My guess is his future in New England will depend on how he responds to BB when he comes to talk to Tebow about moving positions. 

I also wonder if Tebow might make a good coach for football and this is all comes from someone who isn't a fan of Tebow the football player because of all the attention he gets, which I recognize he doesn't ask for.  Tebow the person is really hard for anyone not to like. 

I think there is a spot for Tim Tebow in the NFL, I just don't think it's as a NFL QB.  Surely even he has to be starting to figure this out.  My guess is his future in New England will depend on how he responds to BB when he comes to talk to Tebow about moving positions. 

I also wonder if Tebow might make a good coach for football and this is all comes from someone who isn't a fan of Tebow the football player because of all the attention he gets, which I recognize he doesn't ask for.  Tebow the person is really hard for anyone not to like. 

seriously how do get the assumption tebow can play TE or FB dude is trash apart from agility i see nothing that your average human joe cant do. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

It's weird.  It's like BB keeps letting Josh McDaniels play with his old toys.  He drafted Tebow, and BB did the same thing with Brandon Llyod last year, who followed Josh to St. Louis and then New England.  And then let him go.  I don't get it.  I root for Tebow, but my lord, he can't throw a football to save a starving child in the Philippines' life.

seriously how do get the assumption tebow can play TE or FB dude is trash apart from agility i see nothing that your average human joe cant do. 

Well for starters I said I think, I didn't say I know he can, I could very well end up being wrong about it but given Tebow's athletic ability I think he could be a blocking tightend or fullback and special teams player.  I don't think he would be the best in the league at either of those things and frankly would probably be a blocking tightend mostly and is probably better suited to play fullback and be a blocker more than anything else or a goalline back whose job is just to go straight. 

With that said I was more thinking along the coaching side of things, I was honestly thinking about Dungy with the steelers when Chuck Noll came to him and pretty much told him playing in the NFL wasn't going to happen but he would make a good coach.  I wonder if given Tebow's leadership abilities if he might not have it in him to learn how to be a coach for football and maybe that's his role in the NFL.

It's weird.  It's like BB keeps letting Josh McDaniels play with his old toys.  He drafted Tebow, and BB did the same thing with Brandon Llyod last year, who followed Josh to St. Louis and then New England.  And then let him go.  I don't get it.  I root for Tebow, but my lord, he can't throw a football to save a starving child in the Philippines' life.

I think BB thinks what does he have to lose?  If Tebows works they have another weapon they can use if he doesn't they just release him and move on.

I think BB thinks what does he have to lose?  If Tebows works they have another weapon they can use if he doesn't they just release him and move on.

Their WRs trying to make the team don't have a chance to show off and prove their worth when Tebow is overthrowing them by 15 yards every play.

Their WRs trying to make the team don't have a chance to show off and prove their worth when Tebow is overthrowing them by 15 yards every play.

If they are that far down the depth chart that they are playing with Tebow and not Brady or Mallett they probably aren't making the roster anyways.  Keep in mind I think Mallett was hurt as well so I am not sure if he played or not.  Even so I am sure BB can figure out a way to make sure the guys he really wants to look at either get reps with one of the QBs he really wants to look at or can do it practice and feel good about who he's keeping.  When you've done this as long as BB has and are as good as BB is at judging talent you can normally tell pretty quickly if a guy is going to work in your system or not with your QB or not. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 17, 2013 - inapropriate
Hidden by Nadine, August 17, 2013 - inapropriate

This is why I love football. I can hide here behind my computer and make fun of men that are far more handsome and successful than I'll ever be and no one is the wiser.

At least we've been laid lol

I think there is a spot for Tim Tebow in the NFL, I just don't think it's as a NFL QB. Surely even he has to be starting to figure this out. My guess is his future in New England will depend on how he responds to BB when he comes to talk to Tebow about moving positions.

I also wonder if Tebow might make a good coach for football and this is all comes from someone who isn't a fan of Tebow the football player because of all the attention he gets, which I recognize he doesn't ask for. Tebow the person is really hard for anyone not to like.

There's not another position on the Patriots that they need Tebow to play. TE looks fine , same with FB.

The reason that was so bad (and you can say this about most 3rd string QB's in preseason), he wasn't running anything close to the typical packages NE likes to run and he was whiffing against guys who aren't going to make it also. Preseason is hard to watch after the first half. 

Yet, the Patriots won't cut him. Josh McDaniels has a bromance with Tebow.

It feels like his connections are the only thing keeping him in the league at this point. Since he is vehemently opposed to playing anything but QB.

He's still a guy who can Forrest Gump his way to a few wins as a backup with enough support from teammates. If the circus stays away I could see him sticking around at the bottom of a depth chart somewhere.

If the pats cut him he could earn paychecks carrying christian ponders clipboard.

There's not another position on the Patriots that they need Tebow to play. TE looks fine , same with FB.

i said I think there is a spot for Tebow in the NFL, rather that spot is with the Pats remains to be seen. I do think the idea of a third QB that can do other things will interest BB. Will it interest him enough to keep him? Maybe not.

i've been attacked for years for syaing this, but Tebow is horrendous! always has been. nothing has changed. they all wanted him in Denver.. ya dummies.. he's fantastic.. NOT.

these former college RB/QB stars never make it in the NFL. this is why. this is a whole other ball game.

the next time i hear a Denver fan saying they want Teblow.. i may loose it.

Shocked that AM has not joined this thread to tell us how good Tebow is looking as a passer and that he is likely the best backup in the league.

I still dig Tebow but honestly I have no idea what the Pats are going to do with him. He will be third string for sure and if he comes in as a Qb than Brady can't come back into the game. So maybe they designate him as something else and see if they can line him up next Brady? Bill has us all guessing. He gave him a whole half against the Bucs and it was painful.

I still dig Tebow but honestly I have no idea what the Pats are going to do with him. He will be third string for sure and if he comes in as a Qb than Brady can't come back into the game. So maybe they designate him as something else and see if they can line him up next Brady? Bill has us all guessing. He gave him a whole half against the Bucs and it was painful.

I'm guessing they cut him