Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't see a roster spot for.......

bobourret

I never expected Carter to make it. And after Donald's showing this past Sunday, Carter just got pushed up against the wall for real now. If Brown continues what he did on Sunday for the remainder of pre-season, Mr. Carter is out the door

Barring injury to any one of the "*", he's gone.  I think they're doing him a favor by playing him a lot in the preseason.  It's his chance to audition for other teams.

Edit:  For some reason it won't let me use our other 3 running backs first initial of their last name.  That's prejudice against a letter of the alphabet!

Barring injury to any one of the "*", he's gone. I think they're doing him a favor by playing him a lot in the preseason. It's his chance to audition for other teams.

Edit: For some reason it won't let me use our other 3 running backs first initial of their last name. That's prejudice against a letter of the alphabet!

I could see us carrying 4 running backs only if K. Will makes it as our returner. He did well running the ball as well on Sunday. And with this new emphasis on running the ball, a committee of running backs might be a good thing to have

I could see us carrying 4 running backs only if K. Will makes it as our returner. He did well running the ball as well on Sunday. And with this new emphasis on running the ball, a committee of running backs might be a good thing to have

I was surprised at how strong Williams looked running the ball.  But to be honest, he didn't look that elusive in the open field.  It was exactly the opposite as what I thought he brought to the table.

I agree.  He has to make a mark as a KRer.  Unless that's his main job, I don't think we need a 4th RB.  We're carrying a FB now.  Maybe two if Allen is late coming back. 

I was surprised at how strong Williams looked running the ball. But to be honest, he didn't look that elusive in the open field. It was exactly the opposite as what I thought he brought to the table.

I agree. He has to make a mark as a KRer. Unless that's his main job, I don't think we need a 4th RB. We're carrying a FB now. Maybe two if Allen is late coming back.

Yeah, this backfield is definitely a puzzle. Even our tight ends were playing FB. Everyone is everywhere. Just too much to keep up with haha

I liked Justice Cunningham coming out the backfield as well. Nothing like having versatility in your tight ends

Someone will pick up Carter. He is NFL caliber but not one of the best on our team. His blocking and pass receiving are subpar.

Subpar is a understatement. He missed numerous blocks Sunday that got Harnish lit up. He's making it harder on himself to make the team than the other running backs are. You have to be able to pass block in this offense, well pretty much any offense for that matter

I was surprised at how strong Williams looked running the ball.  But to be honest, he didn't look that elusive in the open field.  It was exactly the opposite as what I thought he brought to the table.

I agree.  He has to make a mark as a KRer.  Unless that's his main job, I don't think we need a 4th RB.  We're carrying a FB now.  Maybe two if Allen is late coming back. 

I think he's just dealing with the same issues in transition that all speed backs do when going from college to the NFL...he has to learn that he's not going to outrun everyone in the NFL like he did in college and learn that sometimes he's just going to have to go downhill and get the yards you can.  He's trying too hard to bust every single play and it's just not going to happen at he pro level.  I think he'll figure it out pretty quick.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I think he's just dealing with the same issues in transition that all speed backs do when going from college to the NFL...he has to learn that he's not going to outrun everyone in the NFL like he did in college and learn that sometimes he's just going to have to go downhill and get the yards you can.  He's trying too hard to bust every single play and it's just not going to happen at he pro level.  I think he'll figure it out pretty quick.

Well said...Remember Ballard looked somewhat lost when he first took the field last year.  By the end of the year I was very impressed with him.  I expect Williams to have the same kind of learning cure.  He won't get nearly the workload Ballard got as the season progressed, but he has the benefit of not having to be "the guy".  If our entire backfield stays healthy, I could see us having a very formidable rushing attack, and we may not even have a single 1,000 yd rusher.

Thought I was hallucinating Sunday when I saw D. Brown in on some tackles in special teams...

I didn't like that. Lets keep the DBs and LBs on KO coverage. They should know how to hit and tackle.

I saw that Fleener was on the return team too. It's okay for the hands team, but do we really want him out there blocking?

I agree. Someone is getting cut.

This is the discussion I had with a friend on Friday. He went to TC and said Brown was really trying to make an impact on STs.

The lone "problem" is that I think our RBs are all pretty much the same mold. Bradshaw/Ballard/Brown/Williams are all similar skill set and build....Whereas Carter seems to be a bit bigger, and more apt for GL work....IMO it's going to come down between Brown/Carter and I'm really curious to see which way it falls.

As poor as the special teams played did Williams get decent blocking?  I wasn't watching that close.